Has anyone recently come off pill?

babyboo29

Reaction score
I have been off the pill for about 3 weeks now and started spotting. Really want my period to start so we can TTC.

My first cycle after the pill was longer than usual and i had AF cramps for over a week before my period actually started, everyone's different though so you could end up being regular really quickly

Hi there babyboo. I notice you are from the same neck of the woods as me :) I stopped taking the pill on 2 Sept. Had my last artificial af and now I am waiting to see when my first true af will turn up....maybe next week, we'll see. I've had what I think were ov cramps on cd 13 but it's difficult to say for sure as it's early days in terms of cycle. We are ttc dec, fingers crossed I have two 'normal' cycles before then. Good luck to you:)

I started getting cramps 28 days after I stopped the pill. These continued until day 43 when my 'period' arrived. I'm going to start charting (not ttc mind) when my next proper period comes, which will hopefully be the start of my regular cycles again.

I came off the pill after about 5 years at the end of June. I got pregnant immediately, without having a period first.

My method of TTC is this: Have fun and BD at least every other day. If you do this, you've pretty much covered ALL your bases, regardless of when you ovulate. Plus, it's fun! haha

Good luck!

Spotting is completely normal after coming off the pill. Give your body at least 3 months to regulate itself out.

Good luck TTC!

I came of the pill at the end of August after 10 years on the pill and just had my first normal AF. Which makes my cycle about 33 days, so far. As others have stated its different for everyone how long it takes your body to get back to normal. Good luck with TTC! sending :dust::dust: your way!

thanks for all the replies, lets hope I dont have to wait too long to TTC.

I came off the pill in July, had 2 AFs since then (as expected woop) but have gone from a 28 day cycle to 34, then 31, so hopin that i regulate to 28 days again rather soon! Good luck x

My AF started today. Silly but I am happy as it means I can start charting my ovulation.

I came off the pill in May and have had super long cycles since (45-38 days). But gradually things have been getting back to normal. Hopefully your cycle gets regular quickly:) Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->