Has anyone seen a Chiropractor for SPD in pregnancy?

kelzyboo

Angel mummy and PAL
Reaction score
Not sure if i'm posting in the right place but here goes :wacko:

I suffered severe SPD with my daughter 5 years ago and it never went away after her birth, now i am expecting again and its starting to become very painful already.
I saw my consultant today and she is sending an emergancy referal to the physiotherapist....but, i remember the 1 appointment i had at 7months pregnant last time and it didn't help a bit, i want to do my very best to stay out of a wheelchair this time but the pain i am in at the moment, it doesn't look likely :cry:

So i was wondering if anyone has any experience with a chiropractor, i've heard good things about them but if i'm honest i can't really afford it, its so expensive and i don't want to waste money if its not going to help?

Any opinions will do lol :flower:

i went to an oesteopath before pregnancy (well i was early preggers and didnt know) and am planning to go again once im feeling a bit better (hyperemisis and blackouts have stopped completely).

when i went for my consultation and first session (done the same day) the pain had gone for ages and came back with the pregnancy.

it might be worth going ot one but make sure they are qualified to work on pregnant women. xx

bump! I'm curious about this too

Yep, went with my last pregnancy and looks like I'm going to have to re aquaint myself with her this time :cry:

It was expensive - but I was in such a state by the time I went that I was becoming really quite depressed and having dark thoughts.

She used different techniques, mainly deep tissue massage in the inflammed areas around the joints - ouch!
Electro current stimulations :wacko: very very effective - but this is why you must go to a registered one who works with pregnant people as this could start you contracting if the pads are not placed correctly.
Most of all - cold packs to the groin, mm mmm :dohh: lovely!
I would recommend it though, takes all the swelling down and you can buy the cold packs in boots (about a fiver) the gel type ones, this was very effective.
I also saw physio but tbh although she was great, it didn't help even half as much as the chiro.

Horrid horrid stupid pelvis :growlmad:

Thanks pip i'm deffinately making that appointment, i've spoken to her already as my Aunt sees her for back problems and she has experience with pregnancy.
The only thing holding me back was the expense, it is a lot of money especially with a baby on the way and i didn't want to shell out so much if it wasn't effective but it sounds like it was worth the money to you so i'm going to give it a go!

Was in a bad way with DD in a wheelchair and barely able to move so i am pretty much willing to try anything to stop me getting as bad this time!

I agree, horrible nasty pelvis letting us down when we need it the most, its not fun at all :cry: xx

:hugs: ooh poor you getting to the wheelchair stage, I was on crutches which was bad enough so panicked this time with having a rambunctious toddler to look after too!
Just thought on too, another thing I've done this time is quite a lot of aquafit and water exercise classes-chiro had recommended it last time just to strengthen all the accessory muscles around the pelvis. Not sure if it has helped but I got to 30 weeks with no symptoms this time rather than about 15 last time do may be worth a try too:shrug:
:hugs:

Thanks pip i'd never thought of that to be honest, deffinately worth a try though even if it doesn't help i'm pretty sure it won't make me any worse than i was last time lol

I've just found an aquanatal class in my area so i'll give them a ring and see if i can get in xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->