Has anyone spotted on and off during the first trimester?

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
Since week 4 (am around week 9 now +/- days maybe) I have had days where I spot ever so slightly. Sometimes it is a very light brown, almost tan, sometimes brownish.
I never really had pink spotting...only an actual bleed due to a hematoma and a pap smear once.

On other days there seems no reason for the spotting. I suppose the hematoma would cause an actual bleed rather than spotting?
It really puzzles me. Has anyone had this or knows where old blood could be coming from? It usually comes with period like aches and cramps and I had it weeks prior to the bleed from the hematoma too.:shrug:

Edit: I attached an image to show what I mean. I get about 5 times that amount on average for a day or two then it stops.

Edited to add: I found out much more about subchorionic hematoma. They can leak or bleed out and this can feel pretty painful because the blood irritates the uterus. Supposedly this is very common with SCH. I think that may be the reason for me!

Attachments

• 20150925_111258.jpg
    20150925_111258.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 7
I have a hematoma I only spotted never actually bled it was red and brown tan and pink although it sounds like old blood from the pap xx

I have a hematoma I only spotted never actually bled it was red and brown tan and pink although it sounds like old blood from the pap xx

It does look like old blood too but it would surprise me if it was still the pap because it was a while ago.
Or maybe a small hematoma can bleed off ever so slightly and by the time the blood comes out it looks brownish? Just a guess. The hematoma was about 9mm big only.

I'd ask to be seen again. Tell them you're having spotting and want to be seen!

I'd ask to be seen again. Tell them you're having spotting and want to be seen!

I have an appointment next wednesday. My doctor said not to worry unless it is lots of red blood and just wait out minor spotting.
I even tried to book an appointment with another doctor and they could not offer me anything sooner than the 9th of October! I guess spotting does not concern anyone. Worst case I'd have to go to the nearby ER but it's a horrible place. The way I was treated during my miscarriage makes me never want to go back.

i remember having a few splodges of blood around 7 weeks. i have a 7 month old now. if it gets worse ring your midwife xx

i remember having a few splodges of blood around 7 weeks. i have a 7 month old now. if it gets worse ring your midwife xx

Atm still only brown blood. Just had a bit more. Idk if the cramps persist and or get worse my only option would be the ER.

I think if it were me I'd go to the er!!!

I had spotting around 7 weeks with my daughter. Freaked out, went to the ER... I was fine. Doc said it was probably old blood from my last menstrual that got pushed out as my uterus expanded. He said as long as it's not red, he wasn't worried. I'm 7+3 and spotted the tiniest amount throughout the day (not on panties, just wiping). I'm not worried.

@imaswimmer2

Yeah that doesn't sound to worrysome for you.

My spotting is on an off however. I get a few days to over a week break and then spot some. I also get small stabbing pains and cramps which is supposedly normal with a SCH.

@pinkpassion
Too bad I was supposed to do my sister's wedding photos today :( I was hoping I could get through this before heading to the ER or something else. Still only tiny amounts of CM mixed with hints of pink/ brown but idk.

I had spotting from week 5-10, sometimes very red blood aswell

It wasn't from around baby and I'm now 18 weeks. It can be just hormonal and although not 'normal' it is common

My dr said unless there was literally blood coming down my leg to just ignore it

hows things today? x

Much better actually. No more cramps/aches and the spotting stopped.

I had spotting from week 5-10, sometimes very red blood aswell

It wasn't from around baby and I'm now 18 weeks. It can be just hormonal and although not 'normal' it is common

My dr said unless there was literally blood coming down my leg to just ignore it

My doctor said the same!

My blood comes from around the baby. The hematoma is right by the placenta so it can cause the placenta to detach if it grows and weakens the membranes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->