Has anyone tried DE and Own Egg in same IVF cycle!

waitlovebaby

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for DE cycle IVF abroad somewhere in Europe and certainly found Cyprus has a combination (Donor and Own Eggs) IVF cycle.
I failed many IUIs + 3 IVF CYCLES since the last 5 years..:)-
Heartbreaking when RE said I need DE because my AGE eggs were due!

I would love if s.o. have any experience or know more about this clinic in Cyprus, where they announced that applied donor+own combination to maximize the good quality embryos. I'm really appreciate to hear from you all have gone to Europe for ED cycle IVF: where is the best place to go? If you have tried Tandem IVF (donor +own same cycle) elsewhere ? pro. & cons. if possibly .....
If someone have gone for DE/IVF at North Cyprus Clinic, waiting to hear all yours shares !

I did DE FET and got BFP. I wanted to do DE and OE in the same cycle but my doctor advised against it. She said the injection given to stimulate my ovaries might lower my opportunity to get success with donor egg. And there is not much hope with my own crappy eggs. So I decided to try with only donor eggs, was too scared to lower my ivf success by hampering my hormones with stim injections.
Sorry I have no idea about Cyprus clinic.

Welcome to bnb, sorry to hear of your struggles.

I agree with Coolstar, I looked into Tandem cycles but decided to concentrate on DE to improve my chances - I too have crappy eggs. You can have a consultation with the clinics first to get their opinion before deciding what to do.

I don't know anything about the Cyprus clinic so can't help you there but I have just finished doing ALOT of research into different clinics in Europe and if I am honest there really wasn't a lot of difference and most of the reviews I read and women I spoke to all have positive things to say. There is a forum I have just joined called 'inconceivable and beyond' there are a few lovely ladies on there that answered a lot of DE questions for me if you want to take a read, a few of them cycled at a clinic called Reprofit in Czech Republic with positive outcomes. I also got a lot of information on a few clinics in Greece and Spain from an English fertility nurse who works as a co-ordinator and who I am just about to start my cycle with. This is her website, she has been really helpful and I am sure she will be able to tell you if they do Tandem cycles and answer any questions. https://www.ivftreatmentabroad.com/index2.html

I hope that's of some help.

Good luck :flower:

Thks Coolstar & Pinkie.
Coolstar: yr Dr means that if we go through stim for Own egg IVF cycle so far, all the hormone injection will reduce the success of embryo transfer after that (?)...So far all our Dr are always give us to stim for the max chance of egg retrieval even with IUI...
May I ask if you got fresh DE embryo transfer before? Result? Then FET got BFP with you is same load of DE remaining embryo with the fresh DE transfer or not, did you request PGS procedure to all yr successful fertilized embryos when you went for DE cycle in Czech ?
Sorry if I have so much questions, I hope you don't mind to share. Thanks!

I wanted to cycle DE cycle and OE cycle together, thinking that if I get good embryo with my own egg then I will go ahead with my own egg instead of DE and freeze the donor egg with my DH swimmer. If the cycle resulted in BFN the next cycle I will go with donor egg and if my own eggs are not good then I go directly with DE ( this way I save time ).That was my plan, I did discuss it with my doc. But she advised against it, she said that the injections given to stimulate the ovaries will disrupt my hormone levels which might hamper my future cycle with frozen donor egg cycle ( I was given 5% success with my own egg and 80% success with DE ) . And as such I don't have much hope with my crappy eggs so I concentrated on just donor cycle ( my hormones and eggs all are haywire considering I am only 33 ) . But if you take a long break between your cycle and donor cycle then your body gets time to recover from all those injections/ meds.
I went ahead with fresh donor egg IVF which resulted in BFN ( There was some problem with the eggs so the embryo were fragmenting ). The very next cycle we went ahead with a different set of donor egg FET cycle with my DH swimmers which resulted in BFP. Hope I could explain, if anything more do ask would be glad to help.
Oops I forgot, We did not do any PGS testing. Mine was a 3 day transfer, we did transfer 3 embryos ( 2 very good quality and 1 not that good). Only one implanted. I know deciding to go ahead with donor egg is a difficult decision, I was devastated when I was told my eggs and hormones were so crappy but I wanted a baby. Even donor eggs are not a sure shot for BFP . I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I wanted to cycle DE cycle and OE cycle together, thinking that if I get good embryo with my own egg then I will go ahead with my own egg instead of DE and freeze the donor egg with my DH swimmer. If the cycle resulted in BFN the next cycle I will go with donor egg and if my own eggs are not good then I go directly with DE ( this way I save time ).That was my plan, I did discuss it with my doc. But she advised against it, she said that the injections given to stimulate the ovaries will disrupt my hormone levels which might hamper my future cycle with frozen donor egg cycle ( I was given 5% success with my own egg and 80% success with DE ) . And as such I don't have much hope with my crappy eggs so I concentrated on just donor cycle ( my hormones and eggs all are haywire considering I am only 33 ) . But if you take a long break between your cycle and donor cycle then your body gets time to recover from all those injections/ meds.
I went ahead with fresh donor egg IVF which resulted in BFN ( There was some problem with the eggs so the embryo were fragmenting ). The very next cycle we went ahead with a different set of donor egg FET cycle with my DH swimmers which resulted in BFP. Hope I could explain, if anything more do ask would be glad to help.
Oops I forgot, We did not do any PGS testing. Mine was a 3 day transfer, we did transfer 3 embryos ( 2 very good quality and 1 not that good). Only one implanted. I know deciding to go ahead with donor egg is a difficult decision, I was devastated when I was told my eggs and hormones were so crappy but I wanted a baby. Even donor eggs are not a sure shot for BFP . I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Coolstar,
I have quite same problems like you: very low AMH, low progesteron, ovarian cysts & endometriosis, also my DH swimmers too. I KEEP trying and believe my love baby will come my house one day, too.:flower:
I want to say Congratulations to you and wish all going well up to the end!
May I ask where you did DE IVF cycle? and if you had treament of OC & endo completely (surgery or what else (?).) before go for DE cycle ?
Thank you for all your shares....:flower:

Don't lose hope, if it can happen to me it can definitely happen to you. Some ladies go for lap to remove endo before IVF, I have seen many in BnB getting success from that. Personally I did not go for any lap / surgery before OE IVF or DE IVF but after my failed OE IVF last year I did take 3 Lupron Depot (leuprolide acetate ) shots for 3 months to reduce my endo. My endo improved but I warn you that Lupron shots have side effects like it makes your body go through false menopause . I had hot flushes and my cycle got disrupted but the good thing was that my endo was nearly gone before my DE IVF. Luckily for us my DH doesn't have any issues. Lupron shot was the only treatment I did, also after my first failed DE IVF I made sure I was on PIO shots at least 3 day before my FET transfer. If you have low progesterone I would advise you to take PIO shots instead of progesterone meds. I know shots are painful and my butt was really sore but ultimately its worth all the pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->