Has anyone tried the o+12 method and successfully managed to conceive a baby girl??

Tinkerbell500

Mummy to 4 DS!
Reaction score
Hello

I was just wondering if any of you ladies have tried the o+12 method to sway gender towards having a baby girl? If you have, did you succeed?

For those who aren't sure what this method is there is more info at www.ingender.com but in a nutshell it means trying to conceive 12 to 16 hours AFTER ovulation.

Just interested to see what people's experiences are.

Thanks and best wishes xx

I posted a thread just like this and it got loads of views but nobody bothered to answer :haha: Don't you hate that!!

I hope this thread has more luck than mine, as I'm dying to know! You're the lady I spoke to who tried this, yes? I really hope it works for you, from the stats it sounds pretty foolproof xx :kiss:

Ive posted this before on another post...
basically I personally do not believe you can 'pick' or there is any particular method of chosing what sex baby you concieve. Just pray you have a healthy baby or girl xxxx

We used ingender but the Shettles Method. Will find out in just a few days.

Can't wait to find out what team you're on :kiss: Keep us updated :flower: I hope you hear pink! Just to mix it up a little. Are your boys hangin' out for a little sister? x

hiya

i have heard that to concieve a girl, you should ttc by baby dancing AFTER ovulation rather than before cos the man sperm are otherwise more likely to fertilise the egg. i can say that hub and i BDed after my day of ovulation (it was just the way things worked out from what i remember and according to dates) and we are pretty pretty pretty sure that we are having a girl! hehe

i hope that this kinda helps. i know that you may feel my message is vague, but hope that someone more reliable replies to your thread x

My last period started 24/5/09 and I conceived (did the deed) on 7/6/09. I was however taking the pill. It was the one and only time that I could have possibly have fallen pregnant that month and IM HAVING A GIRL :cloud9:. XX

The sex is determined on the males sperm basically x and y! When or how you have sex won't influence it

The sex is determined on the males sperm basically x and y! When or how you have sex won't influence it

There have been studies done to show that the Y (male) sperm are much faster than the X (female) sperm, however they die out faster and the female sperm live on longer. So timing BDing around your ovulation can play a big part in it :thumbup: There should be more info on ingender.com xx

Yeah its the sperm that carry the sex gene, but female sperm do live longer than male, but male are faster swimmers. Also depends on the bodies PH on how well the sperm do, i think it the body PH is acidic female sperm are more likely to survive than male as this can kill them off. I have studied human biology and we studied male and female sperm was really intresting x

Yeah its the sperm that carry the sex gene, but female sperm do live longer than male, but male are faster swimmers. Also depends on the bodies PH on how well the sperm do, i think it the body PH is acidic female sperm are more likely to survive than male as this can kill them off. I have studied human biology and we studied male and female sperm was really intresting x

:thumbup: It's pretty fascinating isn't it :lol:

Can't wait to find out what team you're on :kiss: Keep us updated :flower: I hope you hear pink! Just to mix it up a little. Are your boys hangin' out for a little sister? x

They don't know yet- it's a Christmas gift! :happydance:

What a good idea! Have you thought up any neat ideas of how to announce it to them? xx

we just did it a few days before ovulation, and got our girl. yes, on purpose!

Yes, my past 3 pregnancies have all been 100% O+12 and 3 girls, well I'm 99% sure this is another girl for us.

i had sex just over 12 hours before ovulation & im having a girl :)

basically I personally do not believe you can 'pick' or there is any particular method of chosing what sex baby you concieve. Just pray you have a healthy baby or girl xxxx

I think we are all thankful for what we have, our healthy babies, but when you have four boys, and really want that girl, if there is just a small thing you can do to up your chances, I don't see anything wrong with it..Now, I am going to have 7 boys and one girl...Yeah..I still think she needs a sister after all this, but God's will be done.

I think we are all thankful for what we have, our healthy babies, but when you have four boys, and really want that girl, if there is just a small thing you can do to up your chances, I don't see anything wrong with it..Now, I am going to have 7 boys and one girl...Yeah..I still think she needs a sister after all this, but God's will be done.

I still believe you cannot pick..and I’m sorry it really upsets me when ppl put a lot of emphasis on what sex baby they have, I’ve even seen some people act disappointed when the sex of their baby is revealed and it’s not what they ‘wanted’...the whole concept of trying to pick and chose is insane to me...especially as there are some women out there who cannot have kids and wouldn’t give a rats ass weather it’s a girl boy or hermaphrodite...as u said God will be done.

I’m really not trying to offend anyone its just my opinion. Xxx

Mrsahmed, is this your firstchild? I know a lady who's 1 and only son died at 3 months old, she went on to have 7 daughters who she loves dearly, is it wrong for her to want a son? And another lady who's beautiful 2yr old daughter developed a wasting condition similar to alzheimers, her Mum was terrified of having another daughter because she knew it wuld break her heart to watch her 2nd daughter dance and sing whilst her 1st little precious girl sat in a chair in her own world,was she wrong to cry at the ultrasound confirming her 2nd daughter?
Its a privilidge to raise a family of both genders and one that is often overlooked for being by those already blessed with it. Nobody walks into an ultrasound thinking 'I don't care if my babies disabled just as long as its a girl' we take it for granted that everythings going to be fine, but set possible hopes and dreams on our children's genders, a son to carry a name, a daughter to share motherhood with one day, a brother for a brother or a sister for a sister, that doesn't make us bad people or ungrateful for being pregnant.

Again this is not being written as offensive, or directed to you MrsA but more in the way 'Walk a day in another person's shoes' and directed to anyone else who thinks wanting to complete a family is wrong.

They don't know yet- it's a Christmas gift! :happydance:

What a good idea! Have you thought up any neat ideas of how to announce it to them? xx

We are telling the kids as well as my husband's family on Christmas Eve during a toast. My Father-In-Law passed away just weeks ago so we were going to have a toast in memory of him and then announce it because we never got the chance to tell him we were expecting =(
This Christmas Eve would've also been my older sister's 35th birthday if she were alive (we lost her in 2003). I think it will be the most exciting toast we've ever had!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"