Has anyone's cycles changed whilst waiting TTC?

boobee

1 DD/Expecting No 2
Reaction score
Before trying for my now 2 year old daughter I came off the pill and had totally irregular periods and discovered I wasn't ovulating at all! Some weeks had 2 periods, then I went 3 months without one at all, they were ALL OVER. In the end I actually randomly ovulated and as we were advised to BD every 2-3 days sperm was present to fertilise (yippee!) anyway as the pill was to blame, after the birth I decided no birth control hormonally and I would let my body get in to a natural cycle. After stopping breastfeeding at 5 months my cycles returned to a very routine 28/29 days. That's been the case for the last 18 months until LAST month when my period was late (no not pregnant - waiting until after the summer!) it eventually turned up on DAY 38. I presumed it was just delayed ovulation and that my next period would be my usual 28 days later and return back to my usual cycles. I'm currently on DAY 32 and I've literally started to spot ever so slightly and pink when I wipe, making me assume AF is on her way.
I'm so confused as I don't know why my cycles have suddenly changed?! It's so frustrating too as I thought this time round we may actually have some control over when to TTC and try plan it rather than "every 2 days in the hope you may randomly ovulate".

Has anyone else experience a completely random change in their cycle length??

Hi,
Mine have changed too since the birth of my son. My cycle used to be 29/30 days, and now it's 27/28 days! Not a massive change, but it's never been like that.

Wish I had an answer for you, but I just wanted to say you aren't alone.

Ps-might be worth trying Vitex for regulating your cycle. I've been taking it as its meant to help with fertility and to clear my skin up.

Me! Really frustrating my cycle was always 27/28 days but for the past few cycles has shortened to 24/25 days. Really hope this is not going to cause any issues as we are hoping to ttc Oct/Nov.

I hope your cycle corrects itself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->