Has my baby dropped? UPDATE with pics

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by apple84, Dec 10, 2009.

1. apple84

apple84 Well-Known Member

I have too much time on my hands and this is my new obsession:Baby dropping/engaging/lightening or whatever you want to call it.

I'm 35 weeks and my doctor hasn't said anything about baby dropping, but he doesn't volunteer alot of information and I didn't ask him. He DID however say he could feel his head from the inside...could that mean he's dropped?

I don't think my belly looks any lower, but will get a bump pic tomorrow to check.

I have the feeling that he's always been pretty low, because I haven't really had many rib kicks and the only times I've had trouble breathing was while laying down. I also know he's been head down for a while (maybe 29 weeks). My belly button has NOT completely popped (if that matters) and I do have to pee a lot especially while walking. I feell like I'm waddling a little now, but usually because I have to pee, not because my pelvis hurts. My mom says I'll know when I feel alot of pelvic pressure, but I don't feel much pelvic pressure at all (except maybe during a BH or when I have to pee badly)

What do you ladies think? Could he have dropped without it being really obvious or do I still have that to look forward to/dread?

https://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/kuipersfamily/34and35weeks.jpg

2. Caz-x

Caz-x ʚϊɞ

When I was pregnant with my son, people told me that I didnt look like I had 'dropped' to the day before he was born. I never experienced the pressure in pelvis that had been described to me either but he had been head down on my bladder from really early on so perhaps I was used to the feeling. Basically, I am quite short and I dont think I had any room for him to 'drop' anyway, I only have limited room between pelvis & ribs lol.

3. styleforum

styleforum Active Member

yesterday i had my 36 week doctor appointmetnt and the doc said that the baby dropped a little.. the past few days i constantly feel like i have to pee and i feell pressure on my pelvis alot and it isnt very fun..

4. apple84

Caz-x I too have felt the bladder pressure and I'm pretty short too (5"4). Maybe he was always low?

5. Mrsahmed

Mrsahmed Well-Known Member

Hmm it does look more pointy but i dont think its dropped....well I dont kno...im admiring how beautiful ur skin is lol

6. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

Oh I so don't like you just now. Your body looks soooo perfect!! I'm all wobbles, covered in stretch marks from top of bump even down through my fluff hair!! :cry:
    AND my fatty love handles are still there!! how!!! :shrug:

Its does look like your bump has dropped a bit to me but I'm no expert!

7. Dream.A.Dream

Dream.A.Dream Mum to 6yo and WTT #2!

It definitely does look lower to me too. xx

8. apple84

If it makes you feel any better, my butt and thighs are covered in stretchmarks even if my bump isn't - and I have gained 47 lbs so far!:wacko:

9. gills8752

gills8752 Mum of 2 Girl

oooh your brave - you got weighed! I'm avoiding it like the plague! I'm telling the midwife I don't want to know when she weighs me at 34 weeks! lol

My tummy looked like this a week ago and has now got even worse... :cry:

And I've been oiling and creaming twice a day...sob sob

Attached Files:

10. bekkie

bekkie Mommy Due Sept 20

wow you look absolutely fantastic and I feel slightly more like a bloated whale LOL

it does look like it's dropped a bit, is it supposed to drop a lot? I was explaining it to my husband and he looked at me like I was going to look like a freak (I'm sure I'm exaggerating but that's how it felt) - so I'm a tad concerned

11. sun

sun Mum of 3

It does look a little lower! You look fab btw! :hugs:
    xx

12. babybaillie

babybaillie Well-Known Member

looks like it :)

13. Mitsuko

Mitsuko Are we there yet?

Definitely looks lower to me!

14. MummyToAmberx

MummyToAmberx Mum to 3 Girls 1 Boy

Looks like a drop as though uve filled out more on the bottom.
    Think got alot more dropping to do :p