Has my baby got a big head? :(

nlz2468

Reaction score
I had my anomaly scan the other day at 20+4 weeks and they said everything appeared normal and they seemed pleased with babys progress but i have been looking over my notes of my measurements and my babys Head Circumfrence (HC) seems a little on the big side to me :wacko:

In my notes it says babys HC was 187mm!!! :o anyone else had around that size at 20weeks? I hope my baby doesnt have a big head :nope:

i cant remeber off the top of my head what mine was but i was thinking the same , maybe he will stay the same for a while though i think its too early to say hes big

I think the head is big until around wk 20ish and then becomes more in proportion around wk 28ish, so I wouldn't worry too much unless the doctors are worried!

best wishes

compared to other womens 20week scans mine seems to be big like a whole 10mm extra mine was 187mm at 20+4 and from what ive researched everyone elses seems to be around 170-177mm! im so worried i hope the baby is ok :( x

lmao don't worry darlin, I've just seen my babies head by accident by havin an abdomen scan, and I got such a shock cos the head looked huuuuuge ;) it'll just be the proportion thing, it's meant to settle down around week 25 I read :) xxx

No! Mine was 182mm at 20+2 so yours isnt that far off and yours is a couple of days later xx

Thank you girls you do turn my frown upside down with all your possitive comments xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->