Has this happen to anyone else????

bella1113

Reaction score
Im a little scared..... I found out I was PG really early, I was right at 4wks, HCG came back at 94, then 72hrs later it was 271, then 28hrs later 469, then 48hrs it was 908, this all seemed to be going well and my dr ask me to wait 4 days, I went back yesterday and it should have been 3632 or in that range however it was only 1323, only went up 415 in 4 days, the dr said this looks like it will be a MC, we did a US and she did see what appeared to be a sac but she could not confirm. She ask me to come back in 48hrs( tomorrow) for another blood draw and to do another US. Has this happen to anyone else? If so what was the outcome? good or bad... Thanks for any advice you may have

Why do doctors do this!??

Continuous testing causes nothing but stress and worry.

Women should be left to be pregnant and shouldn't be poked and prodded.

I know some people have it because of past miscarriages but you can't prevent them even if you knew about it :shrug:

Sorry if that sounds terrible...

Just think the doctor has stressed you out and it could all be perfectly normal xx

I have to be honest that the rise isn't what your looking for with four days between tests. Numbers do slow down the further you get into pregnancy and sometimes take up to 72 hours to double but yours still seem on the lower side. I have known there to be lab errors with tests though so I'm really glad they are repeating them for you. Crossing my fingers that your next levels and scan are normal. I'm truly sorry you are having to go through this. Hugs.

honeybee2 people have betas for their own reasons. No it can't change an outcome but it can give warning of a potential problem such as miscarriage, eptopic or molar and some ladies prefer to know. I would always rather know than be faced with the unexpected and betas diagnosed my molar pregnancy before it could make me very ill. In every pregnancy since I've had to have levels checked as I'm high risk of having it happen again. I just think everyone should be allowed to make their own choices in tests they choose without being judged. We don't know op's circumstances or why they doctor chose to keep an eye on levels. There could be a medical reason why they are needed.

Why do doctors do this!??

Continuous testing causes nothing but stress and worry.

Women should be left to be pregnant and shouldn't be poked and prodded.

I know some people have it because of past miscarriages but you can't prevent them even if you knew about it :shrug:

Sorry if that sounds terrible...

Just think the doctor has stressed you out and it could all be perfectly normal xx

Exactly this! Couldn't have said it better myself. Try to relax....doctors are often wrong about all kinds of things when it comes to pregnancy. They try to control a natural process within a woman's body so much that it is honestly misery for the mother to be. My last pregnancy was endless ultrasounds and tests and I was constantly stressed. What did they accomplish? Or have control over? Nothing! This time I am taking the power back. I am not going to let doctors scare me unnecessarily. I have one healthy boy and I will have another healthy child and if I do not then I will cross that when it comes and when nature decides it is time for me to know.

I've seen women worry about their numbers not rising more times than I can count and the amount of times anything' happened is negligible. In the uk, you're just left to it in first tri, you have no idea about your levels and I think it's best that way. Please don't worry about it, I've seen so many instances of this and it almost always sorts itself out into a lovely healthy pregnancy :hugs:

Thank you all so much, the reason they want to watch my HCG is because I had a eptopic before and they had to remove my left tube, they wanted to make sure this one wasnt in the tube. I have a blood draw tomorrow followed by a dr visit to do an US. We are still hoping for the best. I never had a MC so not even sure what it feels like. As of today i have no cramps, no pain and no bleeding, hope this is a good sign, hoping the lab just messed my numbers up. Either way I will update tomorrow, once again TY all so much and I wish each of you the best!!!!!

Thank you all so much, the reason they want to watch my HCG is because I had a eptopic before and they had to remove my left tube, they wanted to make sure this one wasnt in the tube. I have a blood draw tomorrow followed by a dr visit to do an US. We are still hoping for the best. I never had a MC so not even sure what it feels like. As of today i have no cramps, no pain and no bleeding, hope this is a good sign, hoping the lab just messed my numbers up. Either way I will update tomorrow, once again TY all so much and I wish each of you the best!!!!!

That makes sense. Sorry if I seemed insensitive I just don't like the idea of pregnant ladies worrying about numbers.

I'm sure this means nothing and you'll be ok :hugs:

I have to be honest that the rise isn't what your looking for with four days between tests. Numbers do slow down the further you get into pregnancy and sometimes take up to 72 hours to double but yours still seem on the lower side. I have known there to be lab errors with tests though so I'm really glad they are repeating them for you. Crossing my fingers that your next levels and scan are normal. I'm truly sorry you are having to go through this. Hugs.

honeybee2 people have betas for their own reasons. No it can't change an outcome but it can give warning of a potential problem such as miscarriage, eptopic or molar and some ladies prefer to know. I would always rather know than be faced with the unexpected and betas diagnosed my molar pregnancy before it could make me very ill. In every pregnancy since I've had to have levels checked as I'm high risk of having it happen again. I just think everyone should be allowed to make their own choices in tests they choose without being judged. We don't know op's circumstances or why they doctor chose to keep an eye on levels. There could be a medical reason why they are needed.

I agree with every bit of this. Hope you get good news after your blood draw. :hugs:

Absolutely no judgement from me what so ever. It's just, they're numbers and they vary so, so much.

I absolutely believe that the OP should be taken care of in early pregnancy (especially with the tube being removed) but numbers vary so much and it's clearly stressed her out.

These tests are done to keep an eye on the situation, but have just confused the OP even more.

The US will hopefully put your mind at ease :flower:

I agree that the numbers vary SO much, and I will be the first to advocate that fact. But it is also true that HCG increase patterns can be expected to go a certain way (approximately doubling within 48hrs in the beginning), and when they don't it can be a good indicator that there is an issue. I think this is especially important to note in women with history of certain complications, like ectopic pregnancy. I hope very much that the OP is the exception to the rule, but that doesn't change the truth that most women who experience a very slow doubling pattern will end up with an issue concerning their pregnancy. For some people, being aware of the potential of that is less painful than being blindsided when something does happen.

Dr apt at 8:30 for HCG and seeing the dr at 10:30, Ill post as soon as I know what the results are and what the next step is. I didnt sleep well last night, hoping for good news!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much, I just got back from the dr. I didnt get the news I wanted, numbers only went from 1323 to 1652 today so thats only 329 up, she wanted to to a scraping of my uterus and I said no, she did a US and said she can see something that may be a sac but also may be fluid. I still have no bleeding and no pain. I was looking over my last PG and I didnt get my 1st HCG until I was little over 6 wks, and it took 5 days before my numbers doubled. So Im still confused, she ask that I go to their weekend clinic on Saturday and another US. I really feel good with my decision but the dr didnt look to happy. Should I have did what she ask???? this is so stressful:shrug:

Thank you all so much, I just got back from the dr. I didnt get the news I wanted, numbers only went from 1323 to 1652 today so thats only 329 up, she wanted to to a scraping of my uterus and I said no, she did a US and said she can see something that may be a sac but also may be fluid. I still have no bleeding and no pain. I was looking over my last PG and I didnt get my 1st HCG until I was little over 6 wks, and it took 5 days before my numbers doubled. So Im still confused, she ask that I go to their weekend clinic on Saturday and another US. I really feel good with my decision but the dr didnt look to happy. Should I have did what she ask???? this is so stressful:shrug:

You need to do what is right for you and not the doctor. If your comfortable with your decision then you stick to it. As long as the doctor is sure the pregnancy isn't eptopic then there is no harm in waiting a few days if that's what you feel is best. I'm dreadfully sorry things didn't go well. If you need anyone to talk to feel free to message me anytime. Hugs xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->