Has this happened to anyone else?

rebecca.

Reaction score
It has been just over 8 weeks since my last period, I done a one step pregnancy test off Amazon (10mIU/ml) 5 days ago and it was positive (second line came up within seconds) so my partner bought a pack of 2 Numark pregnancy tests from the chemist and a clear blue plus. I done one of the Numark one's on the same day but on the afternoon and it was negative. The next day I dipped the other Numark one and the clear blue plus one in my first morning urine and there was a second line on the Numark one but one side of the line was darker and the clear blue one was negative. On Monday we bought a pack of 2 first vue pregnancy tests from the pound shop (20mIU/ml) and i done one on the afternoon and it was negative then on Tuesday morning I done the other one and it was positive. Yesterday I dipped 2 of the one step one's in first morning urine and both were negative then i done another one on the afternoon and that was also negative. Today I dipped another one step one in first morning urine and it was negative. I have took 10 pregnancy tests in 6 days, 3 were positive and the rest negative. I haven't had any bleeding and the only pregnancy symptoms I have are nausea, headaches, feeling tired and little twinges in my stomach. I had a doctors appointment this morning and explained all of this to him and I have to take a urine sample in tomorrow morning and I should get my results back in 5 or 6 days. He said if it comes back positive then I will get a letter to see a midwife but if it comes back negative then I have to wait another 3 weeks to see if my period comes and if it doesn't then I have to go back. I'm so confused and just want to know what's going on! Has anyone else experienced this? Have you had positive and negative tests and actually been pregnant?

The fact that you are getting negatives now makes me think it possibly could be a chemical pregnancy, obviously I can't say for sure but its just one possibility. Another is that the one step tests you are using are naff and aren't giving you a correct result. You could just be a slower riser and your hcg levels are taking a long time to rise.

Do you have a Superdrug near you? Their tests are 10 mlu I think and I've heard really good things about them, maybe try testing with their tests.

Good luck xx

Someone has mentioned the hook effect (where your hcg level is too high)
It says to dilute your urine with water, so I'm gonna try that tomorrow and yeah, I have a Superdrug near me so if it is negative I might buy the one's from there. Thank you :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->