Hashimoto's disease

susied

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism about 3 years ago. Am on 1.25 mg of levothyroxinne. I'm 6 weeks and just got blood work back. Apparently my levels are "consistent with hashimotos disease". I am seeing my Endocrinologist Friday afternoon. I'm googling and scaring myself. It says it can cause birth defects and tons of maternal complications. My levels are way off- I don't know what they are called but one is supposed to be at 30 and I'm at 335 and the other should be at 4 and I'm at 7. Anyone pregnant w hashimotos? Anyone understand these levels? Anyone have complications with hashimotos and pregnancy?? Please help I'm having a panic attack over this. Thanks in advance!:cry:

I have type 1 diabetes and in my first pregnancy was borderline hashimotos ( for some reason pregnancy makes my levels whacky)... We just confirmed this pregnancy i have it too and will be put on meds this week. I had no orobems w my first and they say the earlier u find out ur levels the better but dot be too concerned until after 13 weeks, just keep getting those evels cheked and stay in range!

I have type 1 diabetes and in my first pregnancy was borderline hashimotos ( for some reason pregnancy makes my levels whacky)... We just confirmed this pregnancy i have it too and will be put on meds this week. I had no orobems w my first and they say the earlier u find out ur levels the better but dot be too concerned until after 13 weeks, just keep getting those evels cheked and stay in range!

Thank you so much for replying!! Good luck to you!

You too! Im sure everything will be just fine for you! But i know how much u worry, i did too!

I'm hashimotos under active thyroid.

It just means that your under active thyroid is caused by an autoimmune response.

Basically your body attacks your thyroid because it thinks it's a foreign body, and prevents it working properly.

I'm guessing your result that is in the 300's and should be 30 is your thyroid antibodies.

Mine should be below 60 but it sits at about 360 even when properly medicated.

It's just a classification of your under active thyroid, it doesn't change treatment or anything.

Hope that helps.

Oh and joy thyroid antibodies were over 300 when pregnant with my dd and she's perfectly healthy.

As long as the rest of your bloods are normal, then you'll be fine.

Most people need and increase in thyroxine when pregnant as our bodies are working harder.

Oh and joy thyroid antibodies were over 300 when pregnant with my dd and she's perfectly healthy.

As long as the rest of your bloods are normal, then you'll be fine.

Most people need and increase in thyroxine when pregnant as our bodies are working harder.

Thank you this was very helpful!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"