hat age did you start using a sleeping bag?

purplepower

1st time Mummy
Reaction score
My LO is 5 and a half weeks old now, we have been bought loads of those sleeping bags but they look so big. At the minute we swaddle him with a swaddle bag, but I was wondering when to move him into the sleeping bag and would we need to lightly swaddle his arms around the outside of the bag?

5 weeks, i swaddled up until then, lo was fine with her arm/hands free.. X

We used them from birth, you just need to check babies weight against the weight for the bag and make sure the arm holes aren't too big (most have poppers) x

from birth, but you have to check the weight

I've just started using one with my LO. I got a Mothercare one and it's got poppers under the arms. Much easier than blankets as she always kicks them off!

Thanks may have a look tonight, worried about swaddling in this heat.

We swaddled until he was about 15 weeks old and kept escaping. As it got warmer we started dwaddling in just a cotton sheet and he was just wearing a vest underneath.

My lo was about 10 days :) I remember she was a pound or 2 under what the weight said on the tag :flower:

my LO is 3 months old, and he is still swaddled. we tried him in a sleeping bag a few weeks ago. he sleeps just not as well as when he is swaddled. so we went back to the blanket. when his arms are free he wakes up. i think its a bit of a shock going from being so snug to so free. so we have been swaddling him looser. if that fails we had a bigger blanket. and i guess he will tell us when he is ready to move to a bag. my LO always sleeps with just a shortsleeve vest underneath.

We used them within the first 2 or 3 weeks, I find them so much easier than swaddling and blankets. :)

Gabriel was already crawling around before he was 'big' enough for one, so never.

About 6 weeks with Tori. Alex was a lot older because she was too small. We ended up stitching the arms up a bit :rofl: so she couldnt wiggle down into it

Well I put him in a 1 tog one last night and he still slept well, we have to swaddle him so tightly as he fights to get his arms out and I worry about him overheating.

We started using ours halfway through our 1st night home when we realised she was kicking off all her covers - was great the 1st few nights when we had her in our bed a fair bit. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->