Hate is wait for 12 week scan

kat132

3 boys
Reaction score
I feel like time is standing still. I hate the fact that there is no way of knowing if baby is growing ok.
Roll on March, feels like a lifetime away :nope:

I'm with you! If it makes you feel any better I found from 6 weeks did start feeling like it was going a bit quicker!

Yeah, it kills...! The not knowing and the waiting. And you can't tell anyone because you feel so unsure in the pregnancy, yet you simultaneously feel like crap/exhausted and have to hide it... Hope our scans roll round quickly! There's just basically nothig enjoyable about first tri, it's not just the potential feeling ill, it's the fact you can't allow yourself to get excited yet.

Yeah I feel the same, I have booked myself a private early scan for 10 days time i wont lie, but thats also because i really didn't want to wait until March! and knowing my local hospital (medway) it wont be until may hahaha xxx

I'd be content to just get out of these first few weeks! My chemicals have all happened very early on (latest around 6 weeks); so if I can get past 7 weeks, I'll feel a billion times better.

I have given up waiting on appointment with hospital 3wks and counting to hear... I booked my own private scan for Tuesday evening I will b 11+1wks. Really want to tell the family if everything is OK can't wait!!

I could never wait, so I booked private scans for this and my last pregnancy.

Are private scans expensive? I keeps having bad dreams about losing the baby etc. Driving myself made and I have only known for a week.
I hope everyone's scans go well. I suppose all we can do is be positive :shrug:

I've had both of my private scans (one in each pregnancy) with myultrababy, they have lots of locations and their early scans cost £80 which seems very reasonable in comparison to others I looked at but it's in no way a cheapo experience, everything really nice and professional and private-y...

Yeah I feel the same, I have booked myself a private early scan for 10 days time i wont lie, but thats also because i really didn't want to wait until March! and knowing my local hospital (medway) it wont be until may hahaha xxx

I've just noticed you're under Medway hospital, that's where I'm with. I know we can choose where we go but realistically I want the closest, as I'm in Rainham. Where's your private scan? I've had my 12 week scan date which is when I'm 13 weeks! (My ticker is wrong, that's going by a private scan I had at 7+2 where I got put forward 5 days, but the midwife wouldn't go by that, so I'm 10+5 by lmp.)

I've just noticed you're under Medway hospital, that's where I'm with. I know we can choose where we go but realistically I want the closest, as I'm in Rainham. Where's your private scan? I've had my 12 week scan date which is when I'm 13 weeks! (My ticker is wrong, that's going by a private scan I had at 7+2 where I got put forward 5 days, but the midwife wouldn't go by that, so I'm 10+5 by lmp.)

Ive never had any issues with Medway when it comes to delivering. my mother in law is my midwife so ive always had private rooms after my sections which has been lovely to be honest. But i can't stand the fact that all their sonographers are researchers, so when i go i demand a proper sonographer and not a researcher as i find them rude talking to everyone in their language and not to the patient! i usually go to Dr penman, privately. i went both times with my sons, and he told me their sex at 11 weeks. he is amazing and makes you feel so welcome and he is so wonderful. but I've booked my early scan with a clinic in west malling, then ill probably go to my NHS scan, then onto penman around w13/14. I don't know what medway are like lately, last time i was pregnant was 3 years ago! I'm sittingbourne so we are local :) xxxx

Ive never had any issues with Medway when it comes to delivering. my mother in law is my midwife so ive always had private rooms after my sections which has been lovely to be honest. But i can't stand the fact that all their sonographers are researchers, so when i go i demand a proper sonographer and not a researcher as i find them rude talking to everyone in their language and not to the patient! i usually go to Dr penman, privately. i went both times with my sons, and he told me their sex at 11 weeks. he is amazing and makes you feel so welcome and he is so wonderful. but I've booked my early scan with a clinic in west malling, then ill probably go to my NHS scan, then onto penman around w13/14. I don't know what medway are like lately, last time i was pregnant was 3 years ago! I'm sittingbourne so we are local :) xxxx

I've had a few issues with Medway, too many to mention really! But hey ho ill go back there. I've seen Mr Penman too. Went for an early scan with dd, then had this recent scan with him, I wish I could just go completely private but no way could afford that!! Wow that's amazing he could sex your sons so early!!

I've had a few issues with Medway, too many to mention really! But hey ho ill go back there. I've seen Mr Penman too. Went for an early scan with dd, then had this recent scan with him, I wish I could just go completely private but no way could afford that!! Wow that's amazing he could sex your sons so early!!

I know Medway have had a lot of issues, I'm lucky i dont really have to deal with them much because of MIL. I love Penman!!! He can sex from 11w. I wanted to go for my early scan with him but found somewhere else. i'll definitely go back for my nuchal though. Hope medway doesn't give you crap this time round x

I'm still amazed he can tell that early! Does he give a percentage of being right or is he completely confident? Just told oh this and he's suggested we go for 12 week scan with him if I want.

I'm still amazed he can tell that early! Does he give a percentage of being right or is he completely confident? Just told oh this and he's suggested we go for 12 week scan with him if I want.

Well I cancelled my early scan with the other company and have booked a Penman scan next week :) :)

He gives a 95% accuracy from week 12 :). He does a lot of 4d, colour checking, i dont really know how he does it but he has been right with everyone else i know. google him, he is world known for it. xxxx

Well I cancelled my early scan with the other company and have booked a Penman scan next week :) :)

He gives a 95% accuracy from week 12 :). He does a lot of 4d, colour checking, i dont really know how he does it but he has been right with everyone else i know. google him, he is world known for it. xxxx

I've booked with him for next Tuesday!! :happydance: I've been reading a few things about him today. I'll be 11+6 from lmp and 12+4 from his other scan. So exciting!

I've booked with him for next Tuesday!! :happydance: I've been reading a few things about him today. I'll be 11+6 from lmp and 12+4 from his other scan. So exciting!

Omgggggggg, let me know how you get on!!! This is so exciting !!!!! You're going to know if its pink or blue! xxx

Omgggggggg, let me know how you get on!!! This is so exciting !!!!! You're going to know if its pink or blue! xxx

I know! We will know if we are reprinting the nursery room or not! When's your scan?

I know! We will know if we are reprinting the nursery room or not! When's your scan?

My Early one, is next Thursday 6:30 with him :) I don't know entirely how far gone i am, as last month was the one month i didn't track- typical! haha... xxx

How did you get on with your scan today? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"