hates pram? help!!

spacecadet

1st time mum
Reaction score
my 13 week old is becoming increasingly unhappy with goin out in the pram!
at first it was great she woud sleep throughut the walk and i used it for her afternoon nap, plus some good fun time for me and the dog in the park, i also tried a sling and frontcarrier, neither of which were very successful as i need to bend down constantly to pick up the dogs frisbee! but as shes gwetting older (and more interested in things maybe?) her naps in the pram dont last very long, ive tried covering it to make darker, different 'terrain' etc but shes now crying as soon as we get started and not sleeping at all :( ive tried toys etc within reach, but that doesnt work.. in desperation the other day i put the folding bit down and propped her in a sitting position with her blanket and she shut straight up as she could see! shes fine too if im holding her but i cannot throw the frisbee for the dog (that is his main pleasure in life) im really upset as i loved being able to spend 1-2 hours in the fresh air every day with my dog and baby :cry:
now im becoming more stressed on the walk as she is almost screaming constantly around the park so i try to keep moving and the dog wants me to throw the frisbee so hes getting in the way... i shouted at him today for stopping in the way of the pram.. its just i cannot bear her crying.. so our walk only lasted 1/2 hour today and its so lovely out! my poor poor doggy:cry: i waited until she was soo tired yawning and rubbing her eyes but as soon as we were walking down the road it started..

do you think she is too young to be in the buggy attachment?? it does say 6 months so i suppose i shouldnt.. but it does recline completely flat or at any angle and i can have facing me so can watch her constantly, and make sure the straps held her in properly etc. im just so worried that my lovely walk in the park every day is not going to be fun anymore but rushed and stressed.. its my one reason to get out of the house! im finding that difficult..
any suggestions/advice/thoughts at all i would be so grateful!!!

thank you:sad2:

dont really know what to suggest, but maybe she will get better when she gets a little bit bigger so can have more of a nosey round, can she see out of her pram? maybe a musical toy? maybe she would prefer a forward facing pram? hope so one can help you more.

:hugs: maybe if its her naptime try swaddling her with a blanket in the pram. I think these buggies have age restrictions on them for the safety of the baby and as her mum you will know what she can do/handle better than anyone so if you think she would be safe enough in the buggy attachment then i'd certainly say give it a shot.

If your buggy attachment reclines completely flat, I would be tempted to give it a try. Does she have good head control ?

thanks for the replies! i have tried swaddling but she didnt seem to like it.. i will try again though! i think its just that she wants to see whats going on, the pram is completely flat with high sides, im going to dig the buggy attachment out and see how small the straps go, it reclines at any angle you want so i could have it flat for when moving and move it so she can see when i stop and i can still throw the frisbee whilst also watching her,
poor dog, ive just spent 1/2 hour throwing his ball in the garden for him while she played on her playmat in the doorway.. that'll have to do him for today, he is such a good patient boy.. i do love him :) and she still hasnt had a decent nap!

Hermione hated it tooo, we put the seat bit on and it helped a little. it was only when she could play with things and sit up that she is now happy to be in it for ages..

we brought a sling as it got that desperate and gave me the extra hand when out shopping - she was being carried so she was happy and i had a free hand so i was haooy.

i now use the pushchair all the time and she is happy as anything, but daddy likes the sling... think its all the arhhh's he get from the ladies. lol

if she was happy sitting up in it, how long did that last for? (sorry if I've missed that bit). It's just that Alasdair was NEVER a lie down baby and apart from when he was flat out asleep, was always in a slightly sitting position.

Annabelle hated the led down flat part of our pram, i changed her at about 14 weeks to the sat up part of the pram but reclined it so it was only slightly raised and she has been fine since

i would give it a go hun

Lou
xxx

if u feel shes ready for toys u gove them to her! also what way is she facing? ie facing u or outwards as changing that might help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->