Hating going to work

george83

Reaction score
Just as it says really. I’ve been in my same career for 13 years and love the main part of my job but hate all the extra paperwork and pressure. I’ve spent nearly the past year looking into how I can give up or take s change of direction but I’ve realised my issue is leaving my kids. I’m sick with envy hearing of people who get to be stay at home parents or who work 9.30-2.30 and then have no paperwork to do in the evenings and they get all that time with their children. I work part time but feel like I put extra pressure on myself to make my days off more special and then don’t enjoy the simple day to day bits. I know lots of people work full time and are in a worse situation but how can I get out of this rut??

For me I just made the decision and it was the best thing I ever done. Scary at first but amazing. I'm a qualified nurse and decided my children were only going to be little for a short time but I'll always be a nurse. We holiday in the UK which might not happen every year, we don't have a brand new car, I shop very wisely and we don't have luxury things all the time. But, it means I get to stay home and be with my children. To maintain my registration and skills I work a few nightshifts each month so that money is used for treats but my husbands wages cover the things we need. We just budget and look after our money.

Can you look at working from home? Training to b3 a childminder or something different from home? could you afford to cut back and just not work for a few years?

I admire those who work full/part time but it's just not for me. I'm too selfish with my children, want them all to myself ☺

Proud mummy, thanks for your experience. Very interesting and helpful to know. That was such a good decision!) Work from home is really an option for busy moms)

Just as it says really. I’ve been in my same career for 13 years and love the main part of my job but hate all the extra paperwork and pressure. I’ve spent nearly the past year looking into how I can give up or take s change of direction but I’ve realised my issue is leaving my kids. I’m sick with envy hearing of people who get to be stay at home parents or who work 9.30-2.30 and then have no paperwork to do in the evenings and they get all that time with their children. I work part time but feel like I put extra pressure on myself to make my days off more special and then don’t enjoy the simple day to day bits. I know lots of people work full time and are in a worse situation but how can I get out of this rut??

I know I'm a bit late to this post but I know this feeling well. I work 3 days a week and I know I'm lucky to not need to work full time, but I miss my little guy so much when at work. Would love to be a SAHM but it's just not possible for us atm. Feel so guilty as we tried for 4 years for our son and got very lucky via IVF and now he has to go to nursery 3 days a week. He loves his nursery but still. Find it so hard juggling everything and not feeling guilty.

I feel lucky also because my job allows me to work little time on weekdays.

In this case, I was helped just by remote work and flexible working schedule, though not with such a desired earnings

I know this thread is old, but I came across an inspiring story of housecareers owner who set up his business when he had lost his job. Now his site is No1 in the industry. Enjoy and never give up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->