Hating theBUMP.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.
also, i'd avoid babycentre.co.uk... HORRID website, theres tons of trolls on there, tons of liers, people are reallly judgemental especially to younger mothers or younger people ttc and they all group up together and theres alot of cyber bullying on it.

Well, I've only been here and I think it suffices. Even though you will find the occasional know-it-all everywhere, the vast majority of people here are kind and supportive. So welcome :flower:

welcome to BnB. I feel like a veteran although Ive been on here for 18 months lmao!!! And thats only because everyone is so supportive xx

TheBump was awful. It is my first time pregnant and my mother lives far away. She also doesn't remember a lot from her pregnancy because she had virtually no symptoms (lucky lady).

Anyhow, I had questions about symptoms (I have been experiencing unusual thirst) and when I posted on TheBump with one I got many replies and none of them were helpful or encouraging. I was told that, "I should not be having children because I am a moron," and other nasty things.

Of course, my body is so chock-full-o-hormones that I had a little cry after reading it all. It was terrible.

I ended up messaging TheBump and requesting they delete my account, giving my reasons.

I haven't posted on this forum yet (before this), but I feel like it is a more supportive and productive community of ladies. :hug:

Thank you!

Started reading this then realized it was from 2010...but it seems like not a whole lot has changed! LOL

Bethany - I'm sorry you had such a terrible experience at thebump, I think you'll find ladies here are very supportive.

I lurked around the bump when we first started TTC, and quickly (before ever posting) realized it wasn't the site for me.

I'm queen of over-analyzing and symptom spotting, and I have no one in my real life to talk to...I needed a forum where I could ask those "silly" and "stupid" questions!

:wave: welcome!! This site has been so friendly and I've only really been lurking for a few months. I hope you stay! :)

Welcome BethanyNbump, the good thing about this forum is you will always find where you fit in, be it as part of a small support group or a general one.

In addition to that the forum is heavily moderated and trolls and bullies are quickly checked. I believe that's a big part of what keeps it sane in here.

I've been a member of this site for a good 4 years now and have only once had a negative experience.

Very helpful, useful and friendly forum. :thumbup:

I realize this thread is old but just wanted to post (for all of us newbies out there) that I joined the bump at the same time as this site (only about a week ago) and the first thread I read on the bump TTC forum was a question someone had about their symptoms and the people were being very rude and telling her that her question was not welcome. I haven't gone back since.

I'm so glad everyone here has been so nice. We just started TTC so I have lots of questions and if I can't find the answer already on the forums, everyone is so willing to help and provide feedback. It makes things so much less stressful knowing there are people I can talk with that understand what I'm going through.

Aww, I've gotten all mushy and such. You guys are great!

Oh my goodness - I just went for a visit. Those people are mean!

I'm sorry to those who had horrible experience with thebump.com website! I never went there, BnB was my first forum and I'm a happy member. My theory of why thebump.com forum has no tact is because it's a lot more advertised online and it's a sister site with the Knot so a lot more women think it's the next thing after getting married or what not. Do these women appear to be young, so they think they're know-it-all's and can be disrespectful as they please? I don't know but that's my guess.

Yes, it's an old thread but it's been revived! :)

Thank you for all the lovely comments, it's nice to see Baby and Bump be appreciated and we are always happy to help if there's an issue. However we'll close this thread now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"