have 2 get this off my chest!!

ablaze

lucky mum of one of each!
Reaction score
now i know u wil all b honest so this y im posting it!

as some of you may (or may not)know darren (my now ex!!) works nightshift, now he works 4 nyts a week(on a rota so varies every 3 weeks) from 8:30pm 2 roughly 7am.... he leaves for work at 7:30pm......

i said 2 darren i thought this was our main problem, he comes in 4m work n goes 2 bed(obv!!) and gets up bit 4/5 pm thus giving us a couple of hours together(in which we have tea kids get bathed n bedded) now if he was working a normal 9-5 job hed b workin an extra day i realise and would be on less money, but would have more time 4 me n kids, am i so inreasonable 4 asking him 2 consider changing his job?? i mean yes he likes it yes its good money but it has broke us up!! he made it quite clear he was not willing to even consider giving it up(its nothing spectacular btw just loading lorries)

am i mad 4 thinkin hes bein unreasonable??? omg im so sorry its long please read tho :(

can i just get something straight in my head please chick
Do you live together?

If so well even if not , i know he is providing for you, but spending time together is very important in any relationship, I think it is a fair request that he maybe looks for something else so you can be a proper family

I feel that him refusing point blank to even consider looking for something else is very selfish on his part

Prop haven't help you much sorry

:hugs: :hugs:

we were living together, i kicked him out (cos i felt his job was unfair on chloe cos she shud b able 2 b as noisy as she wants!!!) no ur reply has helped!! i just feel that the kids are my responsibility and i want him 2 b a part of there life which he cant b on tht job!!! i mean i cud understamd if it was goin sumwhere but a lorry loader???!!!

Ya see thats another thing, there is noway on earth you can keep a 2 yr old quiet and he should have used his sense to see that

My OH worked in Wales for 6 month the year before last and that was hard, but Emily was older and it was for us so that was fine

If he was away or on nights all the time i would feel better off on my own

It is unfair of him to expect you to do everything, yes he works but you work hard at home too

To me from what i have read in other posts, and please correct me if i am wrong, He seems like he has a lot of growing up to do, yeah fine let him have night out with mates but not all the time, he should want to spend time with his family, not just 'cos you are nagging at him

I dont think its unreasonable. I asked that Rob find a job where he woulnt need to work weekends, or at least many of them so we would have time to spend together.

*****sings halleloooyaaas(cannie spell tht i no it has js n everythin)****

i no what its like my fella works 10days night 4 days off it hard i hate it and i want him to move jobs but he cant get a job trhat pays teh same amount of money and before we ttc i want him to get a better job or even a day job no what u feel coz i dont wnat to end up spliting up while im doing all teh work at night while hes working it anit fair and hard work

ah well im shot of him now anyways so....

Just wanna give you a BIG :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->