Have a 5 year old, an almost 6 month old, and getting ready to try for #3

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
We may be crazy but I have convinced DH that having a 3rd soon will be good for us and he is now excited too. Our 5 year old is crazy about his little brother and is so helpful and always great with little ones everywhere we go.. he wants a little sister so badly but knows we can't choose :haha:

Anyway, of course we don't know how long it will take us to concieve, but I would love to hear from parents with similar age gaps! I am curious what we are getting ourselves into, hehh.

(I posted this in a parenting category too but I think that was the wrong place)

Hi there! I can see your excitement in adding a lil one to your family. It’s great that your son is being a brother already! Although my kids are 33 months apart, I feel as long as you have good health and a supportive family, you can go ahead with your plan. Hope all goes well. Hugs & Prayers! :)

I know of one that had three in 6 years, another haf three in 5 years, another had three in 6.... and many more :) all are doing fine.

My boys are 2,5 years apart and it can be handful and has been at times but also very good. They get along rather well and are able to play witch is realy good.

Now my younger is 4 years and 5 months and we will stary ttc next month. Excited to tey bigger agegap this time :)

My girls are 3 years apart (5 year old and 2 year old) we are ttc#3 hoping for another 3 year age gap.

I have a friend whose little boys are 13 months apart and another whose boy and girl are 15 months apart, they can find it a handful at times but they make it work.

Good luck in trying. xx

Myfavsurprise and butterfly2, we could be ttx buddies if you would like to?

Thank you all for the input! Now that my DH is excited to try, all of my 'waiting despair' has lifted and I am terrified! Haha..but still thrilled. We are trying some swaying for a girl this time which could make it take a while to actually concieve but that's okay with us :)

I would love TTC buddies! It's so nice not to be alone in it all.

Thank you all for the input! Now that my DH is excited to try, all of my 'waiting despair' has lifted and I am terrified! Haha..but still thrilled. We are trying some swaying for a girl this time which could make it take a while to actually concieve but that's okay with us :)

I would love TTC buddies! It's so nice not to be alone in it all.

We woumd also love to have girl ;)

I'm TTC #5. I have a 13.5 year old girl, 11 year old boy, 9 year old boy, and an 8.5 month old boy. My two middle boys are 21 months apart. It was difficult at times but I found that age gap to be much easier than the first two which were 2.5 years apart. my oldest was old enough to be jealous of the new baby. but when she got used to him, she was helpful.

I'm TTC #5. I have a 13.5 year old girl, 11 year old boy, 9 year old boy, and an 8.5 month old boy. My two middle boys are 21 months apart. It was difficult at times but I found that age gap to be much easier than the first two which were 2.5 years apart. my oldest was old enough to be jealous of the new baby. but when she got used to him, she was helpful.

Very interesting to hear! We also hope to have 5 lo's down the road (why do people think this is so crazy?) and, while I do like the 4 year age gap because his big brother is such a great helper, I am very excited to experience a closer age gap where they can really relate and play together at a young age.

Everyone keeps saying wait until there is a 2.5 year age gap, but I keep hearing that it is the hardest for jealousy, and it makes sense based on the development of the older child.. Actually when my oldest was 2.5 we lived with my sister and she had a baby that i then babysat and did a lot of the raising actually, and my son was just a wreck about it a lot of the time. At the time I thought id never be able to have more kids because he hated her so much. Sometimes things were okay but mostly I had to be right behind him to make sure he wouldn't be mean or even hurt her. Now he is begging us for a baby sister haaha. I think a smaller age gap would be easier based on that experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->