Have a question..

Cheyanne

Reaction score
In the last week or so, I've read two threads about chicken pox. I was wondering if yall have the vaccine there. Here in the states, our little ones can get it at age 2, but it's optional. When I was a kid, everyone I knew had chicken pox. LOL I have a few scars...really severe case. It's almost unheard of to get a case of chicken pox anymore. They did say kids may still get it (rare) but it would be a very light case. Just wondering though.

We don't have the vaccine over here but I bet they will introduce it soon.

I thought they did Beanie, but not till they're 12-15 months. Or am i thinking about something else......

I do not recall getting the vaccine when I was younger, small pox yes but chicken pox no. The doctors here encourage people to take their children to play with other small children who do have chicken pox so that they CAN contract them (called chicken pox parties) because it is far far better to get them at an early age as oppose to contracting them when you are in your teens or later.

I've just found this on NHS direct:

https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=1032

Ahh that explains a lot

Hey Jo, I haven't seen FraggleRock since I was a little girl. When my kids were little, I searched for the series on tape, but never found any. Is it big over there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->