Have got my first doctor's appointment in half an hour.. What do I ask?

Belle Shine

Reaction score
I rang up today thinking it would need to be booked in week's in advance but they said it is either today or three week's time.

So.. I am booking in to talk about ttc for 14 cycles without a single hint of a BFP.

What should I take with me?

What should I ask?

Eeek!!

Don't worry! It really is the doctor's job to e asking you the questions.
I know this wasn't very helpful, but I didn't want to read and run.

Relax, and if you don't like the first doctor- get a second oppinion! You are in control I this situation, don't let a doctor let you feel unimportant or rushed. Good luck, I hope it all goes well x

You're probably already there but id take any charting info you've taken- shows the doctor you've been serious about ttc and also might give him an insight as to where to start....

Good luck! Hope it goes ok :flower:

So apparently I just go into doctor's appointments and burst out crying!! Guessing PMS doesn't help.. They are gonna give me the day 21 progesterone blood test and have asked for hubby to book in and see the doc to give him all the tests he needs. She thinks things will be fine with me as I have had a daughter before but hubby hasn't had any kids so there might be something there.

Other than that she says it is completely normal not to conceive within a year or 14 months.. But, as much as I keep reading that, there is far more evidence suggesting otherwise around me :/

Grrr now can't stop crying... Guess I've opened up the flood gates now!
Xx

Aww belle I'm so sorry :(
Grrrrr doctors shrugging off 14months-- we have all been told if it takes more than 12 months then to see a doc. Then we go and they shrug it off! They aren't the ones who are constantly living and breathing the roller coaster of emotions that come with TTC.... So annoying. I hope you're okay x

Just to reassure you, when I went for my dr Appt I burst in to tears too lol.
We've been ttc for nearly over 2yrs and they have done the right thing with you. They did my bloods which came back fine, then me and OH went together for his appt and he now needs to go for a SA. If that comes back fine then I will be sent for further tests etc...

You've taken the first steps Hun so your getting somewhere. Chin up Hun and fx everything works out and you get your bfp soon xxxx

Thank you so much ladies.. It is nice to feel I am not crazy lol. Think I was always gonna be fragile today with pms anyway and then it was just thrown on me as I was expecting a week or two to wait for the appointment. I hope hubby doesn't feel I've gone behind his back now. We've talked about docs but I said I'd leave it until the new year... It will be by the time I have got a 21 day blood test anyway which is why I wanted to get it all booked in.

Now to get him registered with the doc and to make his appointment too.. That might take a while... Xx

Coookie_88 I hope everything goes ok with the SA and you get your BFP soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->