have i done the right thing?

LilUnxO

Reaction score
not too sure if i've done the right thing today

me & my partner were having troubles AFTER we found out we were expecting. don't know why but i just wasnt happy anymore. anyways, alot of things have gone off & he's not done anything seriously wrong like cheat or anything i just wasn't happy with him. i explained everything to him today & i said i wanted to end it just for the time being as i keep getting stressed out & upset over some of the things he does. like i said its not anything major he does like cheat or hit me .. just little things he finds funny what make me stressed out thats all & i dont want to get stressed out especially in first few months! so yeah, i've decided to end it. he's upset but said he'll still be there for the baby & i don't know if we'll get back when baby is here or not. but for the time being i've ended it cos i wasn't happy & don't want to be getting stressed.

i know it might seem a selfish thing to do but i did it with babies best intentions (with the stress & that) & once baby is here if everything is ok with me & the baby's dad i would be willing to make it work or atleast try again.

reckon it's selfish what i've done or have i done the right thing?

If you weren't happy hun then you did the right thing :hug:

It is much better for you both to split on nice terms than have a huge row and cause upset to you and baby, and like you said you never know, in a few months time you may want him back. Good luck :hug:

If you weren't happy hun then you did the right thing :hug:

It is much better for you both to split on nice terms than have a huge row and cause upset to you and baby, and like you said you never know, in a few months time you may want him back. Good luck :hug:

thankyou .. that makes me feel better even 1 person saying it lol cos i really didn't know if i had done the right thing or not. but i must admit i do feel alot happier now it's over at the moment. just going to concentrate on being happy now & doing everything to make sure this pregnancy goes ok :) x

No one can really answer this for you hun, If deep down you feel its the right decision then thats great and you'll cope just fine.
The same thing happened to me and my ex/babys dad, We were together for two years but the last couple of months we started argueing alot and it just got 100 times worse when I found out I was pregnant and we split up, I thaught all along Id made the right decision but latley Iv been thinking to myself I could of made a mistake, After all he is my babys dad, But some times its best if hes just a dad and not a partner, if that makes sence hun.
Im sure in a few weeks you'll start missing him and take him back but at the end of the day you just have to do whats best for YOU and YOUR baby.
I hope everything works out
If you ever wanna talk PM me
X x

Are you sure it isn't your hormones? People can feel and act diferently under this kind of stressful situation.
I mean,I'm glad you are thinking of your happiness,being stressed out is the last thing you need.Hopefully you two will find your way of being together again.If not,I'm sure it's a relief to know he'll be there for his baby. :hugs:

Are you sure it isn't your hormones? People can feel and act diferently under this kind of stressful situation.
I mean,I'm glad you are thinking of your happiness,being stressed out is the last thing you need.Hopefully you two will find your way of being together again.If not,I'm sure it's a relief to know he'll be there for his baby. :hugs:

no its not the hormones .. i did mention that to some friends of mine n my parents & they said if i was kind of unhappy before i got pregnant then it won't be down to the hormones. i wasn't as unhappy before i got pregnant although we were on & off so i dont know? & we didn't plan the baby it happened by our contraception failing on us so before someone goes all 'jeremy kyle' on me i didn't get pregnant to a person i didn't want to be with lol :D but i honestly feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders though. &just didn't know if it was a selfish thing to dox

No one can really answer this for you hun, If deep down you feel its the right decision then thats great and you'll cope just fine.
The same thing happened to me and my ex/babys dad, We were together for two years but the last couple of months we started argueing alot and it just got 100 times worse when I found out I was pregnant and we split up, I thaught all along Id made the right decision but latley Iv been thinking to myself I could of made a mistake, After all he is my babys dad, But some times its best if hes just a dad and not a partner, if that makes sence hun.
Im sure in a few weeks you'll start missing him and take him back but at the end of the day you just have to do whats best for YOU and YOUR baby.
I hope everything works out
If you ever wanna talk PM me
X x

thanks :) i'll pm ya soon as i really want to speak to someone who's gone through/going through same as me. cos to be honest my head is all over the place lol. i won't take him back just yet atleast until the baby is here i'm going to stay on my own. last thing i want to do is mess him around & say i don't want to be with him at the minute then get back. so if i ever do get back it will be after the birth but i understand what ur saying :) i'll pm you anyways just to talk thanku :) x

i was and am still having this problem,

i split with my partner for pretty much the same reasons about 3 months ago,
but now he says he wants to try and make a go of this, but says he wants to take it slow, but im not sure if its for the best right now. is all confusing

i dont know everythign about your situation, but all i can say is
do what you think is best, only you know what is best for you and your baby,
and im sure you are doing the right thing for now

xx

Do what makes you happy and what is right for you and bump..hugs

i know it might seem a selfish thing to do but i did it with babies best intentions (with the stress & that) & once baby is here if everything is ok with me & the baby's dad i would be willing to make it work or atleast try again.

Aslong as your happy it was the right decsion, though you say you would be willing to make it work or atleast try again after, but will you still feel like that if you find out he may have been with other girls etc.?

Pregnancy puts a strain on relationships

Hope you work it out, if thats what you want :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aslong as your happy it was the right decsion, though you say you would be willing to make it work or atleast try again after, but will you still feel like that if you find out he may have been with other girls etc.?

i'm not definitely going to give it a try after the birth .. just saying if there were a point we would get back it would be AFTER the birth not before thats all : & i wouldn't mind if he had got with another girl .. we're not together so there's nothing stopping him moving on :) aslong as he's gonna be there for the baby thats all that matters x

i think u definitely did the right thing, even if it is just hormones or if there was little problems before u got preg it doesnt change the outcome does it, if he is stressin u out then u dont need that, he has to understand that, ive had the same problem with mine but we live together so its a bit harder, cant just walk out on him and go home lol

itd be great if u got back together after but if u dont its not the end of the world, for u or the baby, he can still see the baby and u will still be able to get his help as the baby will be his responsibility too

i hope everything works out for u hun

:hugs:

Well in my opinion its like this.. IF ur just not happy then YES u are right BUT why unhappy all the sudden.. It seems to me it may just be hormones.. They can make u edgy and make simple lil things bother u.. If thats the case then maybe if u explain that ur hormones make u freak out he can try and stop some of these simple lil things.. My hormones with my 1st preg that i ended up losing.. I was crazy and even questioned why i even liked him or why he even liked me to start with.. So please make sure its not jus the emotions ur goin through cuz its much easier to have the father there

Well in my opinion its like this.. IF ur just not happy then YES u are right BUT why unhappy all the sudden.. It seems to me it may just be hormones.. They can make u edgy and make simple lil things bother u.. If thats the case then maybe if u explain that ur hormones make u freak out he can try and stop some of these simple lil things.. My hormones with my 1st preg that i ended up losing.. I was crazy and even questioned why i even liked him or why he even liked me to start with.. So please make sure its not jus the emotions ur goin through cuz its much easier to have the father there

i did explain that i was unhappy before but i dont know which post it was in :) but thanks for the advice. i was unhappy before & the pregnancy wasnt planned but i dont agree with abortion whether you fall pregnant due to accident or not .. its not the babies fault so i decded to keep it. & as for talkin to him bout it .. he doesnt een listen! he doesnt understand where im coming from & just says im being stupid & its all in myhead .. when people have even noticed the thingshe does so its not in myhead :) anyways, weve both talked bout it last night & i said i definitely wasnt getting back with him as im happier as i am aslong as he is there for the baby. he said he will be but is going to look for another girlfriend :S i dont know why he feels the NEED to have a girlfriend as i would much rather be on my own & concentrate on my pregnancy & baby rather than going out looking for another partner but thats his choice :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"