Have I miscarriage?

Sophiejash

Reaction score
Hello everyone, appreciate any advise please. According to my last period I'm 10 weeks pregnant. On Wednesday I started spotting, only really when I wiped but still very scary. I spoke to midwife and was referred to the EPU for a scan first thing Thursday morning just to check everything is ok. When I went for the scan the embryo is only measuring 5.5 weeks (which does not make sense to me but hey ho) but there is a heartbeat. I was sent away and told to come back in two weeks to check development. Following the scan the bleeding got heavier and heavier (it was gushing out) with some cramps and a clot or two!
Now I'm terrified that I've lost the baby but the EPU won't scan me again until the appointment I have booked in just under two weeks.
I cannot bear waiting two weeks, it's agony! Has anyone experienced anything similar? Will my baby be ok?
Thanks

I did have bleeding that turned out OK but no experience with measuring smaller than expected , I didn't want to read and run...
Good luck!! :hugs:

Hi Hun, When did you get a positive test? And can you go anywhere for a private scan sending you hugs xx

My last period was 11th July and positive test was 13th August. I could go private but can't find anywhere cheaper than £80 and I don't have the money for that x

Your EPU won't scan you even though you're bleeding? That's ridiculous!!! Is there another center you can go to? Maybe even one out of town but close by?

Your dates are exactly the same as mine and I'm 10 weeks today! £80 that's lot of money they should do them a lot cheaper! So sorry your going through this try and persist with your epu Hun 2 weeks is not fair to make you wait xx

EPU scanned me on Thursday, where they said I wasn't as far along as my dates and didn't know why I was bleeding, but there was a heartbeat so they said come back in two weeks. I've spoken to them since everything got worse but they say as baby is so small and the fact I'm bleeding they wouldn't see anything. So best to wait. In fact they said do another test morning of appointment if it's positive then come from the scan it's likely everything is ok, but if it's negative then I've miscarried and no point in having the scan. I'm gutted.

Uhh there's definitely a point in having the scan as to make sure IF you've miscarried that you've passed everything and there's no chance of infection. Even with the bleeding, and gestational age, they'd be able to see SOMETHING or at least re-confirm that the pregnancy is still there and viable. I'd be raising holy Hell if I were you

Nerdy, how would I go about going to another centre? Can I just show up and say scan me?

Nerdy, how would I go about going to another centre? Can I just show up and say scan me?

I would. Go to another center and just explain that you're pregnant and are experiencing a bleed, you'd like an ultrasound and bloods to be run to check HCG levels etc.

I agree with nerdy I would 100% go somewhere else I couldn't wait 2 weeks especially if your bleeding or was quite heavy passing clots I have seen some ladies have this tho and everything be ok. Fingers crossed for you x

You should be able to just walk in for a scan usually morning times if you have a problem. I had heavy bleeding with both mu pregnancies and I was fine. You could be like me and have a sack of bleeding in your uterus, good luck 🍀, hope everything turns out OK x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->