• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Have to double progesterone - worried

starluck

Reaction score
I went into my RE this morning for my second beta and to check on my estrogen and progesterone levels.

Beta looked great (numbers in signature) and so did estrogen. However, my progesterone was low again :( I was using one suppository in the AM, now I am to bump that up to two suppositories a day, one in the AM and one PM.

I'm worried - what if this second dose isn't enough to keep the baby? Has anyone been through this before?

I had to do progesterone twice a day and baby was fine. I think I would trust the doctor. If you needed more than twice a day, they'd let you know. And yep, betas look good! Congrats!

I had to do progesterone twice a day and baby was fine. I think I would trust the doctor. If you needed more than twice a day, they'd let you know. And yep, betas look good! Congrats!

Thank you Scout! I've been reading around and read lots of stories of women taking it twice a day with healthy happy babies at the end :)

Congratulations! and great beta doubling.
I was on progesterone suppositories 3x/day from a few days before my transfer to week 9 or 10. When I transferred from the RE to a regular OB, she dropped me down to 1x/day until week 12.

The progesterone is common for us ladies who needed some help with pregnancies. The docs don't always know how each body will respond, so there will be some tinkering as they go. It is a good thing they are keeping an eye on your levels so you get what you need to keep baby cozy. I wish you the best.

Thanks letsgo and congratulations to you as well!

Do either of you have somewhite clumps coming out when you have a bowel movement? I've also got some itching but I think it's just due to some coming out and irritating the vulva - hopefully not a yeast infection!!!

I'm on progesterone but once a day.

But I jut had an infection that was itching. I would talk to your doctor about they will give some medecine to gt rid of it.
I've started the medecine (same way as progesterone ^^) 4 days ago and I feel that it is working. I have a 12 day course of that amd I should be done. Keep up with the prog in the mean time. And the white clumps may just the prog falling out a bit. That's what happens with me.

Thanks ummi2boyz :) I heard back from my RE nurse today (was quite surprised since it's Sunday!). She said the clumps coming out are normal and OK, it's just left over from the medicine (she said the progesterone is absorbed within 3 hours). She said the itching can be normal; just irritation from the clumps. If it keeps up I will have them check on it to be sure!

Great ! I'm glad they got back to you quickly amd you got the reassurance you needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"