have to leave dd for 2 days, very poorly gran, advise please

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by lkb21, Jun 2, 2011.

1. lkb21

lkb21 mummy to lewbi & bobbins

Hi everyone, I really need some advice quickly.
    My gran has been taken very ill, and things are not looking good. Unfortunately she took ill on a lane, so her flight was diverted to gatwick, I'm in Manchester. She's currently on life support so I need to get down there!!

I never express, I bf exclusively, (no bottles) until I couple of months ago, and now if i have to go somewhere she'll have the odd formula. Which I'm fine about.

If I have to go down for 2 days, and just pump while I'm there, do i still risk losing my supply? I'm not ready to stop but can't cope with never seeing my gran alive again!! :cry:

Also, I can't take her with me as I would be pretty much at the hospital constantly, and as she's on intensive care Robyn wouldn't be allowed in with me.

Please help x

2. Katt

Katt Well-Known Member

Just express as much as you can while you're away! When you get back feed lo loads, lots of skin on skin just in case. But I really think you will be fine for a couple of days.

I hope your gran is ok xx

3. kerrie24

kerrie24 me,him and 3 lo's

My son was ill for a couple of days and I didnt feed him,and only managed to express twice cos he was so clingy but my supply was still fine after 2 days.
    Sorry to hear about your gran x

4. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

oh hun i'm so sorry about your grannie:hugs::hugs: if it was me i have no real idea but i would just express as much as you can :thumbup: try not to worry too much hun :hugs::hugs: x

5. Nervous_1

Nervous_1 Well-Known Member

:hugs: I hope your gran manages to pull through :hugs: Just pump whenever you get the chance and then spend loads of time giving your LO skin to skin cuddles when you get back home :hugs: