Have you booked antenatal classes yet?

Widger

Mummy at last
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't stressed about this until my midwife mentioned it to me last week. I was thinking, I'm only 17 weeks - I don't know whether to go for NHS or NCT? Anyway, I said NCT just because all my friends have recommended them. Forgot about it all until tonight and I've just looked up NCT classes in my area and one of the courses already has only 1 place left!!!!!!!!!

Have you booked yours yet at my stage or earlier? I'm obviously going to chase up tomo but want to know I'm not the only one who hasn't been organised and sorted this out?

What is difference between NHS or NCT anyway? (apart from price of course)

Thanks

Nope, I haven't booked anything yet. My midwife didn't mention anything either though, so dunno. i guess I better start looking into it, just thought it was still a bit early for that, like you...

I never did them with my first, and I won't this time. I went to one class with my sister when she was pregnant, it just wasn't my scene. I don't think I missed out on anything really.

I never went to any classes with my first 2 and really don't think I missed much. I did a class that lasted 9 weeks this time just because they gave away free stuff at each class but all the info they gave me was stuff I already knew so it was terribly boring. I didn't even meet any other moms because the women who were there annoyed the crap out of me!! (i haven't been very good with people since the pregnancy hormones hit)

I've been advised by friends to do NCT classes. Not sure on the cost but he and his wife said they're better for various reasons, and also means we can be more picky on when we attend.

I am going to one. I started out during the 19th week, which is a good time. I am mostly going for the Lamaze and the Kegel exercise classes, which are very good. But they do teach you about breastfeeding and the like. It's my first pregnancy and I am keen to be better informed, I guess, but to each her own. It's not absolutely necessary. I think I will be more interested in the postnatal class.

My midwife told me at my 12 week appt I should register before they filled up and sure enough the only one I could get into was a bit early starting at my week 26 rather than week 28-30. Well, it's free so we will see how it is.

Thanks girls. I'm sure the classes will be boring etc but hopefully I will meet some people from this area that I get on with at the class too, most of our friends have left the area so won't know a soul that is pregnant! Not to say that I will have anything in common but I hope there will be a couple of ladies like me :)

Now, which course to book??

Hi my NHS ones have been cancelled due to swine flu and as this is my first I wanted to at least decide for myself weather they were a waste of time or not!
I was aware from friends that NCT get booked quickly and as this is the inly option in my area didnt want to miss out so booked at 15 weeks! If you dont pay the memebership fee which evryone told me was a waste of money, the course was £135 I think but it is 8 or 9 sessions so you do get quite a lot for the money I think. Mine start 30th Jan and I am quite excited

I haven't looked into it yet either, don't worry you're not alone!! I would like to sign up to one though because as part of it they do a tour of the labour suites etc and as i don't have my MW etc appointments at the hospital i'll deliver in, i'd like to at least see it beforehand!

suppose i'd better get my skates on!! there just seems so much to do!!!

:hugs:

Wow, that seems quite a good price minichicky. The only one I can find is £284!! Wow, seems a lot of money but heh, like you I want to see for myself first time round if it is a waste of money or not.

Moongirl - Tell me about it, I thought I'd just take it easy and these things would come into place but no, some people are just too organised for their own good :)

my midwife hasnt' even mentioned it to me yet

Wow, that seems quite a good price minichicky. The only one I can find is £284!! Wow, seems a lot of money but heh, like you I want to see for myself first time round if it is a waste of money or not.

QUOTE]

ekkkk think I would have given it a miss had it been that much to be honest, maybe it varies from place to place? This is in the south west

Apparently the price depends on where you are ... we are near Birminghamand the price varies depending how close to the city you are! We have booked think it was £150 really looking forward to it!!!

So are these prices all with NCT... I suppose it depends on the course more than location?

I booked mine at 21 weeks after my re-scan, im starting on the 6th.. With NHS.x

So are these prices all with NCT... I suppose it depends on the course more than location?

Yes, mine is an evening antenatal class in Taunton, Somerset, with NCT. It is one where men are allowed as well. It's the standard antenatal course.

I booked mine about a month ago. Have signed up for a years membership so I can attend the nct bumps and babies mornings locally etc cost is £189

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->