Have you bought anything?

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by rubydoo1, Nov 13, 2011.

1. rubydoo1

rubydoo1 Well-Known Member

Hello ladies :flower:
    Just wondering if any of you have bought anything baby related for your future baby?
    I havent cos i know id get carried away and buy loads, plus i really wanna have all the excitement of buying things when i am actually pregnant.
    Soo have any of you bought anything, clothes etc? If so what have you bought? :)
    x

2. RainbowDrop_x

RainbowDrop_x Well-Known Member

I haven't brought anything but I have still kept loads of DD's old stuff that she had when she was a baby :blush:

Things like clothes I got rid of purely because we were running out of space but I've kept her bouncer and rubber ring thing and loads of toys.. I won't buy anything new until it happens or like you I would get carried away but it does give me a strange comfort to know I can use DD's things again :blush:

3. Beccaboop

Beccaboop Mummy to Jacob

No I haven't my husband said I'm not allowed to buy anything until I'm about 4/5 months pregnant which I guess does make sence and if it took me a while to get pregnant then I'd feel sad everytime I looked at any future baby stuff!

4. amamtl

amamtl Well-Known Member

We decided to buy an item (or 2) per week in order to lessen the burden of buying everything at the same time. So far we bought a bottle of shampoo, a bottle of baby powder and some newborn diapers (they were 50% off this week!).

5. Love2BAMum

Love2BAMum New Member

I've bought four baby grows, two pink, two blue. I can't wait to have a baby but will have to wait till 2013 to have one. I hoping by buying stuff now i will reduce my desperate need to have a baby; hopefully 3 :)
    Waiting is cruel!

6. angiepie

angiepie Well-Known Member

I have a baby rocker I got off freecycle last week. Nothing else yet, but I have been looking. As I've said on similar threads to this, I intend on buying most stuff preowned/2nd hand or getting it for free off freecycle, so I need to be looking for a long time to gather everything. I don't wanna have to worry about it when I'm pregnant. I'll only buy the brand new stuff during pregnancy [ie maybe 1 or 2 outfits, mattress and car seat]. Buying stuff before can sometimes make me sad but most of the time it helps with the long wait as I'm being productive and preparing, so the time feels useful.

7. shantay

shantay Well-Known Member

I haven't bought anything yet. But I do tend to window shop a lot :blush:
    I would love buying baby stuff now but I think it would be extra special when I am pregnant :D Either way buying baby stuff now or later is still good :thumbup:

8. afifirechick

afifirechick Well-Known Member

I have bought a few small things I have found in the small secondhand store, but I have a small box of stuff that my friend had for her son. I snatched a few things that I wanted before she gave the rest away. But I haven't really bought anything that would count :)

9. rubydoo1

rubydoo1 Well-Known Member

Yea I understand buying things over time to spread the cost, it does make sense, especially with how expensive some of the things are :) I just know for me if i started buying it would make me more broody :haha: I do sometimes "window shop" though, and pick out what I would like to buy..its interesting to see others views on it :flower:

10. Hayley90

Hayley90 Complete

I have - nothing major though!

I kept al lot of Harrison's bits too, but ive purchased girly bits or tiny boy bits that i LOVED and couldnt bear to part with... i could always sell them on again if i dont need them! x

11. LovemyBubx

LovemyBubx Mummy, Daddy & Daughter

I'm the same, but ive been able to keep all my DD outfits, shoes, blankets, the LOT! :haha:

Im hoping for another girl next time round so i can get to use all the pretty girlie things again, DD newborn outfits make me cry :nope::dohh:

12. EmilyCJ

EmilyCJ Well-Known Member

yep we have a 'baby box' by our sofa!! it was hubbys idea really. i'd got a few things that i just couldnt resist and had hidden them as felt a bit embarrassed but he found them when cleaning up :blush:. he thought it was hilarious!! so he came home the next day with this big wicker box and said its our baby box. so now i can get things when i see them and keep them in there!! havent got any big stuff, seen some buggys and cots but hubby wants to wait before we get those kind of things. so weirdly its only things for me that i'll need rather than babygrows etc. dont know why but i'm saving that for when we start ttc. i'm so excited i'm driving myself crazy!! we recently rearranged the whole upstairs of our house, so that we now have an empty room that hubby is already calling the baby's room! the first week in nov seemed to go really quickly but suddenly slowed right down!!! grr wish it would hurrry up!!! xxxxxxxx

13. AngelofTroy

AngelofTroy Well-Known Member

My sister-in-law-to-be (lol) has put aside some of her daughter's baby clothes that we liked for us. We haven't actually bought anything yet although I am often tempted! There's a lion king babygrow in The Disney Store that we were cooing over the other week, I'm not a big Disney fan usually but we love the lion king and it was the 'team yellow' babygrow of the set so it'd be ideal to buy in advance!

14. engingtty

engingtty Guest

I have a baby rocker I got off freecycle last week. Nothing else yet, but I have been looking.

15. angiepie

Funny, in my post above I mentioned I got a baby rocker off freecycle last week, as well. :D

16. Yorky

Yorky Well-Known Member

Whats freecycle? x

We also have a baby box with small special bits in, and some stuff we have handmade. I bought a personalised dummy clip off ebay last night to go in the box.

We also have a brand new bugaboo bee, reason being is that it was a massive steal at £75 brand new, and I was looking after a 1 year old for SS foster placement and thought we could use it for him, then I bought a silvercross 3d to use for the baby, so we are saving the bug!

17. Chai_w

Chai_w TTC #1

nothing major. While we were out at barnes and noble together, OH saw a story book and wanted to get it for our kids so we can read them bedtime stories:cloud9: He gets broody too which kinda makes me feel better bout my own broodiness lol:blush:

18. angiepie

Google it. A network of people who give away unwanted items to each other for free. IE free recycling.

19. Bebis83

Bebis83 New Member

i would not buy anything until i am actuallypregnant and also after the 3-4 months has passed. i feel like i would be jinxing it buying things too early.

~~wtt january 2012~~

20. Broody85

Broody85 Well-Known Member

I'm guilty of this. Iv bought quite a few things from eBay, most of it is new if it's not then it's in mint condition. I bought a gorgeous cream knitted babygrow last week with a little pocket on the front with a little knitted bear in the pocket. It's from John Lewis and I won it for 99p. It's new without tags but still has the plastic bit which attaches the tag so I know it's not been worn.

Iv got a small(ish) suitcase full of stuff but here are quite a few books and a chunky blanket in there which bulks it out :thumbup: