• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Have you chosen your names yet?

My DH's grandfather passed away suddenly not long after we found out we were expecting this surprise baby so seems fitting to use his name in some way as he was so excited about another great grandchild! His name was Edward (known as Ted) which also happens to be DH's middle name so was a certain choice for our first LG had she been a boy anyway.

If it's a boy he will be Edward Anton (Ted)
If it's a girl she will be Thea Rose (Teddie)

:)

Lilia Gray for a girl.
Lilia because OH likes Lilly & I don't, so we compromised, Gray is OHs great grand mothers maiden name.

Ronan Alexander for a boy.
That may change as everyone we've said it to has hated it.

Um those are my names!

My DS was suppose to be Lily or Lila if he was a girl and my angel was Ronin but after he was born we called him Alexander....

I think you have great taste!

we don't have a boys name and girls name we keep changing other then the middle name.
at the moment it's Lucy Lily,
Lucy because hubby likes the moive lucy and lily after his great gran who passed away a few months after we found out we were expecting our first,

We have a few ideas.

I love the name Kathleen, it's my mums name and my great grans name so it seems like a trend that every second generation is called Kathleen - plus there are so many cute nicknames (kitty, kat, kate, katie, kathy etc) but OH isn't keen. He like Annabelle or Bethany. Either way one of the middle names will be Harriett after my OH's cousin who died when she was 3.

For a boy I really love Elijah, Ezekiel (Zeke), Eli and my favorite is Benjamin, middle names will be Stephen (for my step-dad, as he doesn't share any blood with the baby I want him to be included some how) and John (OH's grandad).

I love my OH's surname Francis, I think it's so elegant so it goes well with most names.

If it's a boy we like Grayson Christopher (the middle name is a given after my husband's brother who we lost to cancer just over a year ago)
For a girl we like Braisley Joyce.

Really loving everyones names thanks so much for sharing them with me <3

Learn from my mistake, though - don't tell friends or family the name until the baby is here! Otherwise people will rip it apart and make you feel terrible about it. I'm still sort of gutted about Donovan.

Have to agree! When I was pregnant with my son and I didn't know yet that I was having a boy my family put together a party that turned into what they now refer to as the "naming party". I was reluctant to share my favorite names but they got it out of me...I was in love with the name Delaney for a girl and as soon as that came out I was told it sounded like a stripper name! I was devastated!
After that I didn't share any more names and I didn't even tell them my son's name until 3 days after he was born when it was set in stone on the birth certificate. They still talk about how fun that night was, but it still hurts me a little.

Hi hope you don't mind me jumping in. I haven't been on this site since my first pregnancy 3 years a go but it helped me a lot then so thought I would use it again this time.

With my son we knew straight away he was going to be Rhys. If he had been a girl he was going to be Rhiannon which later turned to Rhianne. I do still love the name but don't like the idea or R and R and even more Rhy and Rhi so this time have decided Bella for a girl and Nathaniel for a boy (though he will be Nate).

I thought I was the only one who thought of names early so glad to see I'm not :) xx

We like either Jameson or Mason (with middle name John, after my dad) for boy names. Girl names we are still working on.... possibly Hayleigh Emma or Avery Emma :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"