Have you contemplated how to announce pregnancy!?

Autumn leaves

Reaction score
Whilst I'm trying to fill these months before TTC I often think and research everything baby related!

What I would love to hear is everyone's plans on telling their significant other and family?

Will you test with them there? Or alone and then surprise, if so how!?

I reassure myself it's ok to be so excited that you plan these things :) :)

With our first I tested the night we got back from our honeymoon, because he was convinced I was pregnant and I was sure I was not. He had already left for his night shift, so I sent him a picture of the text. We called our parents the next day, and just did a simple announcement on Facebook at 6 weeks. So not very original!

With the next I want to buy this shirt and plan a photo announcement around the theme since everyone knows we're gamer geeks. :haha:

Waiting on Player 4

Definitely normal to be excited and want to plan! Gives you something to do to help pass the time. :) Have you figured out something already?

That top is great! I saw a similar thing on Pinterest I think it was with three controllers and baby shoes!!

I'm thinking OH will want to be there but if not I was thinking of maybe getting a big brother top for the dog! Or as we don't want to find out gender, getting two sets of each clothing and lay them out with a little phrase for when he's back from work!

I guess we will see!!

i'm looking forward to hearing other people's ideas on this one! We're planning to ttc in August, so I'm hoping we'll get to announce around the holidays.. I'm thinking we'll do a cute/clever card with our picture on it or something for close family members and friends because we live far away from family. I have been looking online for cute photo/ announcement ideas, but haven't settled on anything specific yet!

With our first we were completely surprised by the pregnancy, so there was no real announcement lol we just casually told our family & then posted on Facebook for our friends. This time around we want to actually plan something & have it involve our son. Maybe a cute shirt he can wear saying he'll be a big brother or a family photo that hints at it :)

I don't want to announce it on Facebook but I wondered how to tell our parents because they live overseas. Do I tell them immediately on the phone? Or wait till they visit?
Also, I wonder if I'll be testing with OH.. Or whether I'll do it at work and end up calling him in excitement to take the day off lol.. No decisions yet.. It's good to daydream!

I have no idea how I want to tell family and friends yet. I will more than likely end up telling my OH the second the test comes up positive, so there's not going to be any sort of special announcement for him. :haha:

I think a lot of it will depend on when I get pregnant and what holidays are going on around that time. I was kinda hoping to do a cute little announcement for all the grandparents when the time comes, maybe a card or a little gift hinting that a baby is on the way. :shrug:

I think I might have to go google and see what kind of cute ideas I can get.

Lol this is going to sound weird and stupid but we are going to be in Japan around the time I would be in early pregnancy if we get pregnant right when we start trying. I wanted to get a cool looking Japanese pregnancy test and then send the photo to family haha but when I googled it it looks like their tests are the same as ours :-(

So I haven't really thought much else about it .. but this thread is giving me ideas :)

We are TTC atm so if it happens this month (unlikely but you never know) I am going to be laying in bed with OH and be talking about christmas presents. He is always really unprepared and will probably say something like "oh I haven't finished for you yet" and I will perk up "but you have already got me some lovely presents. You got me the cook book and a baby..." and see his face. I will then produce the positive test.

If it doesn't happen this month I am going to tell him we need to sit down and right out our expenses (we do this regularly so nothing out of the ordinary) and I will ask him to get some paper. I will then hand him a "pen" which will be the positive test.

For family I have already bought my DS a t-shirt that says "I'm going to be a big brother" so I am going to send him in the room to my parents and tell him to show them his shirt.

ETA I will be testing alone and he knows this/is fine with it

I will probably be testing alone, so I've come up with some ideas to tell OH, my favourite being to leave some baby things around. Like buying baby rusk biscuits and outting them in the cupboard, a wee pair of baby socks and getting him to do the laundry so he has to hang them up, that sort of thing :haha:

As for family, I have no idea how to tell them!

We are TTC atm so if it happens this month (unlikely but you never know) I am going to be laying in bed with OH and be talking about christmas presents. He is always really unprepared and will probably say something like "oh I haven't finished for you yet" and I will perk up "but you have already got me some lovely presents. You got me the cook book and a baby..." and see his face. I will then produce the positive test.

If it doesn't happen this month I am going to tell him we need to sit down and right out our expenses (we do this regularly so nothing out of the ordinary) and I will ask him to get some paper. I will then hand him a "pen" which will be the positive test.

For family I have already bought my DS a t-shirt that says "I'm going to be a big brother" so I am going to send him in the room to my parents and tell him to show them his shirt.

ETA I will be testing alone and he knows this/is fine with it

I think this is one of the cutest ideas ever :)

Lol this is going to sound weird and stupid but we are going to be in Japan around the time I would be in early pregnancy if we get pregnant right when we start trying. I wanted to get a cool looking Japanese pregnancy test and then send the photo to family haha but when I googled it it looks like their tests are the same as ours :-(

So I haven't really thought much else about it .. but this thread is giving me ideas :)

hahaha... im sorry, this really made me laugh.. sounds exactly like something i would think of, then go ooops lol. Japan has sooo many cute things to give you inspiration tho, i loved it there. Which part are you going to? Maybe you could write the announcement in japanese?

I will probably be testing alone, so I've come up with some ideas to tell OH, my favourite being to leave some baby things around. Like buying baby rusk biscuits and outting them in the cupboard, a wee pair of baby socks and getting him to do the laundry so he has to hang them up, that sort of thing :haha:

As for family, I have no idea how to tell them!

I love the laundry idea.. if i end up testing alone, im gonna steal your idea! :)

I will test with DH as I think it's a special moment, positive or not I want to be together for it. We've got some ideas for announcing it but it will depend on when we catch.

I would test at 4:30am and he won't be up yet, I would take a picture of the test and leave it beside his toothbrush... He would call while i'm at the gym so I wont answer my phone lol

hahaha... im sorry, this really made me laugh.. sounds exactly like something i would think of, then go ooops lol. Japan has sooo many cute things to give you inspiration tho, i loved it there. Which part are you going to? Maybe you could write the announcement in japanese?

I love the laundry idea.. if i end up testing alone, im gonna steal your idea! :)

Haha yeah I love Japan! We have been to Tokyo but this time we're also going to Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima. I can't wait! Maybe I can find something else cute and baby related :)

I think I'll probably have DH when I test but if I don't then I'll definitely be calling him straight away. There won't be any special announcement for him I don't think - at least not with our first.

I'd like to tell our parents and sisters about six-eight weeks. I know that's early for some people but I don't think I will be able to keep it from them longer than that! Then I'll announce to extended family and best friends at the twelve week mark before putting it on social media at twenty weeks. I'd like to take a photo of my shoes, DH shoes and our dog's paws alongside a pair of baby shoes for our big announcement. I think that would be pretty cute!

I will just tell my partner. We have been there three times already, so it isn't really a surprise.

The first time I found out in hospital, so I told him in the back of a friends car after collecting him at his parents house (obviously my friend wasn't there at the time!) the second time we tested together and he told me, the third time he knew I was testing but had to nip to the shop before it closed, I got the positive and went back to cooking dinner and didn't even need to tell him, he just guessed.

This time I would like to test together again. Tbh, he doesn't get excited at bfp any more because of our history :( so it isn't special.

When we get as far as telling family, we will put the dog in a "big brother" t shirt for sure. Our dog is our baby, so our family would love it! We aren't announcing to anyone until about 16 weeks though so people might have a good idea by then already.

For DH I took a picture with three xbox controllers and a pair of his shoes, my shoes, and a pair of baby booties. The caption said "Player three has joined the game."

For #2 I plan to have DS with a big brother shirt on and have either blue/green balloons or pink/purple balloons either tied on or with him holding them depending on the gender of the new baby.

With our first I tested the night we got back from our honeymoon, because he was convinced I was pregnant and I was sure I was not. He had already left for his night shift, so I sent him a picture of the text. We called our parents the next day, and just did a simple announcement on Facebook at 6 weeks. So not very original!

With the next I want to buy this shirt and plan a photo announcement around the theme since everyone knows we're gamer geeks. :haha:

Waiting on Player 4

Definitely normal to be excited and want to plan! Gives you something to do to help pass the time. :) Have you figured out something already?

Love that shirt! What a cute idea.

That's a neat idea! I took a pregnancy test in NZ last year and it was totally different than any I've seen here in Canada so it would've been fun to take a pic if it were positive.

For me I want to test on my own as I bought a pocketbook that I want to wrap up and give to DH when we get our positive. It's called "Stuff Every Dad Should Know" and is mostly just for fun but has some very straightforward parenting tips.

As for telling others... I'm not sure yet but I'm hoping it will be close to mother's day and that I can get my mom a grandmother's card to open when my dad is there. And vice versa if it's near father's day. If all goes well though I will be 3 months by mother's day and I don't know if I can wait that long to tell my mom. If nothing else it would be a fun way to announce to others.

Hi:)

I would like to test with hubby there but if its during his work time.. doubt ill wait!

There's alot of cute ideas I love, such an putting a bun in the oven and asking him to look what it is, or wrapping the test in ribbon and putting in a gift bag. Or just screaming and telling him :haha:

Cute quotes in frames about becoming an Aunty for my sister in laws and sisters or a riddle of some sort on a mug. Anything to get their brain ticking over then.... :happydance::happydance: :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->