Have you discovered FREECYCLE?

hypnorm

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone had discovered this site, i have been on it for about a year or so and it is great!

www.freecycle.org
or www.freecycle.org.uk

Basically you can put your unwanted items on there and people will reply if they want it.
But it is GREAT for baby items! i put a wanted ad on there for 0-3 month baby clothes and a lady replied and i have just been a collected a bin bag full on baby girl clothes.

People cant ask you for money and you cant sell your stuff on there, but its fab. i've got rod of some of ewans toys and clothes on there, and it has just saved me a fortune some of the clothes i have just got have their tags still on!!

i have had some clothes for ewan off there and they haave been of no use. but most of his out door toys have come from freecycle.

Anyway i am rambling!! its worth a look.

but whos pays for the postage hun? sounds fab!!

I love freecycle too, you just find your local freecycle site and away you go, you sometimes have to be quick though when stuff is offered otherwise you can get beaten to the post lol. But me and my OH love it. We ahve just put a load of stuff on there and got rid of most of it.

but whos pays for the postage hun? sounds fab!!

No you log on to your local group, there are groups all over the uk, my local ones are in the gloucestershire are which is then split in to cheltenham, gloucester, and stroud, etc.

You collect when you can, no postage unless they are really small.

Yes it is rly good apart from when i cudnt work out how to limit the email settings and my email was getting spammed with hundreds of emails from ppl posting lol that was frustrating lol x

Ive been on mine for a good few years. Our Freecycle group split up so im on a variation called Glasgow Freeshare but it works exactly the same way.
Between that and Gumtree i get loads of bargains :D

I love Freecycle! It's a way of getting rid of stuff that you don't want anymore, but you'd not be able to sell, and it keeps it out of landfill sites!:happydance:

We got a fullsize chest freezer a year ago. It had been kept in a garage and their rabbit had chewed through the electric cable. DH replaced that and I bought a roll of Fablon in the same pattern to our worktops for the top of it as it was rusty. Cost less than a fiver for the fablon and wire and brilliant freezer!!!

Joining just to have a look =) We had a hell of a time trying to find a charity willing to collect a perfectly good dining table and chairs a while ago ... maybe this would be a good alternative to give away our old stuff. Plus I'm sure it will come in handy when I get my BFP =)

i love free cycle, got some good stuff on there and have gotten rid of my old pc on there too

The nearest free cycle area from me is 50 miles at least and when I asked them for a local one as there was none down here they never bothered to make one just said they would think abut it :( no point on me looking all to far away. Same goes for putting things up no one calls and no one is near me.

So why not set up your own, i'm sure there would be lots of people who would be interested, contact your local paper, speak to friends that how things get moving.

My sis and BIL have basically kitted out their place with stuff from freecycle, all looks nice too.

we use it all the time too. I've had bed covers, electric blanket, chest freezer, board games.....

there is a similar site, swap it (or it may be flog it) where you can sell things too. I've made over £100 from selling off my old crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->