Have you ever gotten a BFP??

sophima

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am in the WWT category but was just wondering What was it like for you when you got your FIRST BFP???

I have never experienced this before:shrug::cry:. What emotions were you feeling? Were you happy, shocked nervous scared?? How did you tell your hubby??

I know alot of times we experience BFN and its just heart sinking, but what about that BFP for the first, after all those BFN??

My hubby was with me when we found out. I think he was pretty shocked, even though he had been saying it for a couple days.

For me, I had been cautiously excited beforehand but when I saw the two pink lines, it was pure love. I connected instantly with my wee one and just broke down out of happiness.

Its indescribable to explain that emotion you feel when you find out you're going to be a mom, and its different for everyone. I was over the moon happy and felt in disbelief for a bit like "is this really happening to me?"

Lol awww, that is soon sweet. Instant connection such a wonderful and memorable moment for you guys. Not to mention when you first held him him your arms and saw his little face. Half of you half of hubby

I just about passed out. To be honest though, it was the first test I'd taken when TTC (I've taken a couple tests way in the past when I was younger that were negative, but I very much wanted them to be negative! So that's sort of different, I think). We got pregnant 2nd cycle of trying and I didn't think to take any tests the first month because I felt fine and then got my period. When I was actually pregnant, I felt so ill. I literally couldn't get off the sofa the day before I was so nauseous! So I was pretty sure it would be positive, but still it was very overwhelming, just the sense that everything from that day on would be different (actually, it was pretty much the same when I was pregnant, it's having the baby that makes everything totally different, but that's how I felt at the time). I got up and tested as soon as I woke up that morning, which was at 6am because I couldn't sleep. I felt like I had to let my poor husband sleep, as he'd been up late the night before, and he slept til 9, so I literally sat there freaking out by myself for 3 hours! When he did wake up and get dressed, I told him I had something to show him. I'd put the test in a pot and put it out in the greenhouse in the garden. I made him go out to check the greenhouse because I told him he had to see what was growing out there. Which in retrospect, was really cute and creative actually. We now have a 3 year old, so next time I'll probably just blurt it out over our toddler jumping on the bed waking him up while I try not to throw up.

Hahaha...I'm the same way mindutopia...I'm testing solo with the next one and I keep thinking "oh I need to find a cute way to tell hubby." But reality is it will probably be while DS is crawling all over us and making a rukus of " ready for another!?" Lol

With my first bfp I cried hysterically. I had just turned 21, and even though we were trying I was so scared! My ds is an energetic almost 17 month old now.

For this pregnancy (only about 5 weeks along) I put my ds in a "best big brother ever" T shirt and had him walk into his daddies work. He works with all males so none of them caught on. It took a while to register. He got a huge smile on his face and thought I was lying. We had only been trying 3 weeks!

Such cute ideas you ladies got. Love them :) after recovering from shock or excitement. I bet its a hard secret to keep for those who's hubby is out at work and they wait for him to get home.

I got a bfp back in August. No one believed me. No one knew how to read a FRER and so couldn't see the light pink line I got at 13dpo. So I took another test on 14dpo. Hubby could see that one. But still no one believed me. Everyone insisted I get a blood test. I had to insist on it to the fertility doc because they said they normally don't do one if a home test is positive.

Hubby's reaction to the blood test was awesome. When I got the results I told him that yes I have hcg in my system. So I am pregnant. And he's like "so you're telling me that there is no other way for hcg to be in your system." and I'm "no babe. The only way there is hcg in my system is if a baby is growing." he sat back was like "whoa." :haha:

But I never got the reaction I wanted from anyone. No squeals, no massive hugs, no mother flipping out like you see on the youtube videos. It was so anticlimactic. And we have been wanting this for years and in only 3 tries of officially trying (being on Letrozole for me) we got it but no one did anything. My one sister didn't hug me until after the blood test results.

I honestly think it's made me a little jaded. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in mc very early.

So after another 3 cycles we are taking a break and so I am here.

But I am not planning on letting anyone in the real world know when we start up again. Maybe then I might get the response I was looking for.

haha all the answers here are so enthusiastic. I'm jealous. For me, my BFP followed a suspected chemical during which I kept seeing very faint lines so seeing very dark lines was definitely a shocker. But because of a previous chemical, DH and I were both very skeptical and we were very coolheaded about it. I'm still coolheaded because I haven't been scanned yet. I think for people that have been TTC and on this forum for a while, it's hard to get excited when you know that any moment things could go wrong.

The one reaction I did have to my clear BFP was "huh, I guess it is possible for us" I mean we tried for 9 cycles which isn't that long but still after a while just felt like nothing could ever happen. So regardless of what happens, it was comforting having that information :)

I got a bfp back in August. No one believed me. No one knew how to read a FRER and so couldn't see the light pink line I got at 13dpo. So I took another test on 14dpo. Hubby could see that one. But still no one believed me. Everyone insisted I get a blood test. I had to insist on it to the fertility doc because they said they normally don't do one if a home test is positive.

Hubby's reaction to the blood test was awesome. When I got the results I told him that yes I have hcg in my system. So I am pregnant. And he's like "so you're telling me that there is no other way for hcg to be in your system." and I'm "no babe. The only way there is hcg in my system is if a baby is growing." he sat back was like "whoa." :haha:

But I never got the reaction I wanted from anyone. No squeals, no massive hugs, no mother flipping out like you see on the youtube videos. It was so anticlimactic. And we have been wanting this for years and in only 3 tries of officially trying (being on Letrozole for me) we got it but no one did anything. My one sister didn't hug me until after the blood test results.

I honestly think it's made me a little jaded. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in mc very early.

So after another 3 cycles we are taking a break and so I am here.

But I am not planning on letting anyone in the real world know when we start up again. Maybe then I might get the response I was looking for.

Am sorry for your lose :nope: that must have been a bit irritating for you. I mean such a big and exciting moment anf its like you had to be proving to everyone that yes it is finally happening:growlmad:.. we are hear for you :hugs:. This time i hope you get atleast some of the response you expect:winkwink:. I know you will here on BNB.

haha all the answers here are so enthusiastic. I'm jealous. For me, my BFP followed a suspected chemical during which I kept seeing very faint lines so seeing very dark lines was definitely a shocker. But because of a previous chemical, DH and I were both very skeptical and we were very coolheaded about it. I'm still coolheaded because I haven't been scanned yet. I think for people that have been TTC and on this forum for a while, it's hard to get excited when you know that any moment things could go wrong.

The one reaction I did have to my clear BFP was "huh, I guess it is possible for us" I mean we tried for 9 cycles which isn't that long but still after a while just felt like nothing could ever happen. So regardless of what happens, it was comforting having that information :)

Sorry for your lose, its great you guus are back in the saddle though even though very cautious. I understand the caution. Well to some extent, for me it would be to wait on not taking a test until you are sure it could be a positive but during the wait you try not to get too excited so if the test is actually negative you don't feel too disappointed. :cry:

Anyways congrats on your little bun I hope this one sticks

My first BFP was a complete surprise. I took the test when my now husband was with me, he was actually the first one who noticed the very faint line. Even though I was a bit scared of the unknown I was instantly flooded with feelings of awe and love. It was such a simple, yet amazing experience. <3

My first BFP was a complete surprise. I took the test when my now husband was with me, he was actually the first one who noticed the very faint line. Even though I was a bit scared of the unknown I was instantly flooded with feelings of awe and love. It was such a simple, yet amazing experience. <3
bit

Most have been lovely:flower:, what earged you to test? Were you late, feeling sick or different?

My first bfp was a complete shock. Not in the we werent expecting it but how it came about. Me and my now exhusband started to ttc straight straight away. I began testing like crazy (I still do) and they were all negative. One night I took a test and it was negative, I threw it on the side and went to bed. (they were those internet cheapies.) next morning I went to the toilet got up to wash my hands and noticed the discarded test. Imagine my shock when I saw two lines (they werent evaps either.) I started bouncing around like a looney. went running to my ex husband thanking him. lol. That morning I went down to asda and got a clearblue. The first test gave me that book sign and was invalid. The second one gave me a pregnant 1-2. I now have a wonderful two year old.

I have had 3 bfps but the first two ended in mcs at 6 weeks and after quite a while of ttc. For my first I was in shock but completely over the moon. My second I was happy but cautious. And the third, which finally resulted in my lovely DS, I was a mixture of excited yet anxious due to my two losses. But each time I definitely felt a connection and love for the little life I was carrying.

My first bfp was a complete shock. Not in the we werent expecting it but how it came about. Me and my now exhusband started to ttc straight straight away. I began testing like crazy (I still do) and they were all negative. One night I took a test and it was negative, I threw it on the side and went to bed. (they were those internet cheapies.) next morning I went to the toilet got up to wash my hands and noticed the discarded test. Imagine my shock when I saw two lines (they werent evaps either.) I started bouncing around like a looney. went running to my ex husband thanking him. lol. That morning I went down to asda and got a clearblue. The first test gave me that book sign and was invalid. The second one gave me a pregnant 1-2. I now have a wonderful two year old.

Yaaa:happydance: lol funny how you ran to your then husband and told him thank you.

I have had 3 bfps but the first two ended in mcs at 6 weeks and after quite a while of ttc. For my first I was in shock but completely over the moon. My second I was happy but cautious. And the third, which finally resulted in my lovely DS, I was a mixture of excited yet anxious due to my two losses. But each time I definitely felt a connection and love for the little life I was carrying.

Must have been hard for you during those 2 loses:cry:.. happy your third BFP gave you your DS:flower:.

My first BFP was fake lol I was having fertility treatment and 2 days before ovulation I had to have the pen injection full of hormones to boost my egg to fertilise. They said the hcg would stay in my system for 7ish days so I did a test just to see. It was hilarious when I showed my hubby he thought I was crazy because we only just bd days before. I told him it was a dud but a funny joke and amazing to see those damn tests do come up positive.

My first super faint bfp I was taking a test with my friend from work to prove I was pregnant and turns out it back fired on me. I was in complete shock and extremely excited. I showed my hubby but he didn't believe it. I then spent the next 3 days stressing because it was so faint it could have been an evap. The Saturday morning I did a frer and got my bfp I was extremely excited. It was early as I had been planning it for days. I raced into our bedroom and woke hubby and showed him but he wasn't too bothered. That kind of upset me but he isn't a morning person and I was just so damn excited I needed to someone. I messaged my mum straight away and cried and talked to her. It was so surreal I couldn't really believe it. After a couple hours hubby woke up and then got more excited as the day went on and we went baby shopping for a cute neutral outfit.

This time around I think was more of a shock and I have been more nervous and scared. I was pissed off at Christmas because I was late and I didn't believe I would be pregnant so soon since we had been NTNP for nearly 2 years since our daughter was born then I had the chance in December to really start trying and BAM it happened right away. We were shopping and I said I'll just buy a digital test so I wouldn't have to look at lines and analyse them. I went to the public toilet with hubby and our daughter waiting outside. After a minute "pregnant" came up and I think I nearly crapped my pants (lucky I was on the toilet LOL). I ran out of the bathroom so fast and just handed my handbag to hubby for him to look. His words were "good one Stinkbum this is all you're fault" (stinkbum is our daughter). We were both in so much shock but I couldn't keep the smile off my face. We didn't talk about it the entire time we shopped and then driving home he started to fake cry which made me laugh so much. We laughed about it and are really happy but I have had a hard time excepting it because of my depression and anxiety after having our daughter. The feeling is unreal getting that BFP and it does happen but some it takes longer than others. When it happens it is very unreal you just can't believe it that you test another 5 times :D

Yaaa:happydance: lol funny how you ran to your then husband and told him thank you.

I wanted a baby so bad that I was overjoyed.

My first BFP was fake lol I was having fertility treatment and 2 days before ovulation I had to have the pen injection full of hormones to boost my egg to fertilise. They said the hcg would stay in my system for 7ish days so I did a test just to see. It was hilarious when I showed my hubby he thought I was crazy because we only just bd days before. I told him it was a dud but a funny joke and amazing to see those damn tests do come up positive.

My first super faint bfp I was taking a test with my friend from work to prove I was pregnant and turns out it back fired on me. I was in complete shock and extremely excited. I showed my hubby but he didn't believe it. I then spent the next 3 days stressing because it was so faint it could have been an evap. The Saturday morning I did a frer and got my bfp I was extremely excited. It was early as I had been planning it for days. I raced into our bedroom and woke hubby and showed him but he wasn't too bothered. That kind of upset me but he isn't a morning person and I was just so damn excited I needed to someone. I messaged my mum straight away and cried and talked to her. It was so surreal I couldn't really believe it. After a couple hours hubby woke up and then got more excited as the day went on and we went baby shopping for a cute neutral outfit.

This time around I think was more of a shock and I have been more nervous and scared. I was pissed off at Christmas because I was late and I didn't believe I would be pregnant so soon since we had been NTNP for nearly 2 years since our daughter was born then I had the chance in December to really start trying and BAM it happened right away. We were shopping and I said I'll just buy a digital test so I wouldn't have to look at lines and analyse them. I went to the public toilet with hubby and our daughter waiting outside. After a minute "pregnant" came up and I think I nearly crapped my pants (lucky I was on the toilet LOL). I ran out of the bathroom so fast and just handed my handbag to hubby for him to look. His words were "good one Stinkbum this is all you're fault" (stinkbum is our daughter). We were both in so much shock but I couldn't keep the smile off my face. We didn't talk about it the entire time we shopped and then driving home he started to fake cry which made me laugh so much. We laughed about it and are really happy but I have had a hard time excepting it because of my depression and anxiety after having our daughter. The feeling is unreal getting that BFP and it does happen but some it takes longer than others. When it happens it is very unreal you just can't believe it that you test another 5 times :D

Lol I love reading about your experience, it was such a great time for you:happydance:.. hopefully the second time you have a better experience overall. As you said you had anxiety and depression from the first experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->