Have you ever had a dream of being pregnant?

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by calm, Apr 10, 2009.

1. calm

calm Well-Known Member

I have had quite a lot. As a teenager, and beng a virgen funny enough, I would have these awful dreams of being pregnant and trying to hide the baby, and there was no love for the poor mite...

The better dreams are the ones I have every now and again since being married. I am pregnant in the dream, although there is also some doubt like it might not be true... I am always something like 5 months, but the strangest and nicest thing is the feeling in these dreams... it is incredible, It is not excitement, I can't pin down this feeling, but it is really good, funny how the mind can cook up such emotions and feelings when we are asleep... When I wake up I always feel curious to find out if I will get this strange but lovely feeling when pregnant, or will I get other lovely feelings, but not that particular one that comes in dreams...

Does this happen to anyone else? (especially with the special feeling bit)

2. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

I dream about being pregnant and having a baby lots....unfortunately I seem to leave mine in a drawer quite often or give birth to strange animals - so I cant say I have ever had that lovely feeling you are getting.....more panic at the fact I'm going to be a bad mother to the giraffe that is now my child! xxxx

3. Ella

Ella Mama to my amazing boy :)

I had one the other night.. Quite ironic really considering the situation I'm in now!
    xx

4. calm

calm Well-Known Member

Oh that is so funny :rofl:

And now you say it, I think I have had a couple of dreams like that and I think I have kittens (literally)

5. calm

calm Well-Known Member

I don't usually read journals, but I quickly went to yours to see what was up. I am not really sure if you are going to be glad or not if the :witch: lands. I hope that whatever happens you are happy with the outcome:hug::hug:

6. apple84

apple84 Well-Known Member

I've had lots of dreams about being pregnant or having a baby. Usually the baby dreams are about multiples...don't know why, I'm not particularly wanting multiples.

I had a pregnancy dream once where I woke up in my dream and went to take a shower and when I looked at myself in the mirror, my nipples had grown the size of dinner plates and I was freaking out.

7. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl Well-Known Member

OMG not you mention it i had a strange dream the other night. I was giving birth in the house but i was trying to do it really quietly not to wake anyone!!!! lol and i just remember sending OH out to get milk?? lol
    x

8. calm

calm Well-Known Member

I wonder if that could be interpreted that you don't want to cause any inconvenience to your OH of your family or at work...

9. achekh8707

achekh8707 TTC #2

I have pregnancy/baby dreams quite often. As a teenager I had one where I was pregnant, delivered a 20 pound baby (toddler?) boy in the choir loft at church. WEIRD.

When I was pregnant with Emma I had a dream that I was pregnant with twin girls, and I was trying to come up with names. I picked Samantha for one of them, and could not pick another name, so we didn't keep that baby (crazy!)

Recently I had a dream that I was pregnant with a second baby, going about my daily life with Emma and my hubby. I got to 35 weeks pregnant and delivered early, having a 3 pound baby boy. He was healthy and they didn't make him stay in the hospital (yeah, right) and when I woke up I was looking around for the little baby!

10. buttercup3

buttercup3 Mama & TTC

I've only had a couple which have been lovely but then wake up and feel sad that I'm not - I also do the searching round the bed for the bump/baby in my sleepy states haha

11. calm

calm Well-Known Member

Oh, I can just imagine how you felt... I would have looked too, its so strange how in a dream you can develop even a bond with this little person that doesn't exist

12. Rainstar

Rainstar Mommy of a sleeping angel

I had a dream i was pregnant in february and it felt so real that i did a pregnancy test and got a BFP! Strange how our bodies work sometimes x

13. Cinnamon

Cinnamon Well-Known Member

I usually dream I'm pregnant with animals or strange things like that but some time ago I had a wonderful dream: I was pregnant with twin girls and I chose their names "Paula" and "Erika María"... Now I'll just stick to Paula I think when the time comes. xxxxx

14. Rainstar

Oh how i could i forget. I also dreamt i gave birth and woke myself up shortly after. I couldn't get back to sleep but then my friends OH text me to say they were now very proud parents of a little girl! strange

15. calm

calm Well-Known Member

It is strange, though those sort of things do happen a lot, at least to me

16. Rainstar

me to :)

17. JennTheMomma

JennTheMomma Mommy of 1 & Expecting #2

Almost all my dreams are of being pregnant or having a newborn.

18. Blob

Blob Sarah :)

I dreamt i was pregnant then decided to test cos i kept dreaming it and found out i was pregnant :lol: While i was pregnant however i dreamt i had a dog and was really upset cos i 'thought it was going to be a baby' I was so gutted ha ha ha!!

19. bigbloomerz

bigbloomerz Well-Known Member

My Pregnancy and motherhood dreams are always nasty ones, I have yet to have a dream where its all lovely! x

20. calm

calm Well-Known Member

Why do so many of us dream about giving birth to animals? I wonder is there is meaning to it