Have you ever had a ghostly experience?

Lover

Mummy to Leo & Rosalie
Reaction score
I was inspired by the life after death thread :)

Anyone seen a ghost before?

What happened?

I haven't personally but hubby says he has. In fact he says our house has an old lady ghost in Ethan's bedroom - apparently she is harmless but just nosey. He said he asked her politely to leave us alone. However I have lived in this house for nearly years and never seen a thing, or sensed anything LOL. I think he is winding me up but he swears he is not, and my other friend who had a ghost at her old house agrees with him there is a presence. :shrug:

I have seen quite a few in various houses I lived in and also one man where I work on a few occasions.

I was also a paranormal investigator in my spare time so have heard a few unexplainable things but also found that at the end of the day some things can be rationalised but there are always a few things that cant.

Extremely interesting subject whether you believe or not!

Emma.xx

I haven't but I'd definitely be open to the experience!!

In High School my friend had a crush on me and he gave me this stuffed animal. Later that evening my door slammed shut and it called my name. I screamed bloody murder and my dad grabbed that doll and threw it out. I never accepted anything from that guy again. He was too obsessed. Scared the bejeezers outta me.

At my last job, I had just got to work and I was in the kitchen brewing coffee. I swear I heard keys slam on the counter up front. I went looking and I saw nobody. Then my work mate came in and I told here what happened. Her eyes got big and said she had the same experience and so did a few others. My boss who is WAY against superstitions did not believe me until later that week when she was alone and she felt weird vibes and heard her name.

I'm not saying these are all encounters, but I sure as hell would like to NEVER actually find out. I'm a chicken and it could all as well be my mind playing tricks on me but I do beleive that anything is possible.

i found it hard to beleive in ghosts, but was always open minded.

my former OH was convinced her house has a ghost in it, i didn't think anything of it, however i was there alone about 6 months after she told me, and i felt something, i was in the computer room and all of a sudden i went super cold, the door was swaying(weak hinges but only moves if something touched it) and the hairs stood up on the back of my neck and i got goosebumps, i didn't see anything but i just 'knew' there was something there.

of course it could be all in my imagination but i swear something was there that day.
plus i read a few stories online and somethings really dont have an explanation behind them other than a ghost. so i do think i believe in ghosts.

come on people more stories.......i love this thread :):):)

yeah im waiting for more stories too. i even searched and read all the old ones!

Ooh some spooky happenings here!

My experience of ghosts is pretty freaky too..

My OH's mum got married a couple of years ago in The Hautboy Inn in Ockham, Surrey and they paid for us to stay in a room on the night. In the room when we unpacked I was chilly and could feel some kind of presence and I felt quite spooked. I mentioned it to the OH but he thought nothing of it.

We celebrated at the wedding and reception and then went up to bed. The room felt cold to me but OH was fine and fell asleep straight away. I struggled to nod off and I was shivering, half from coldness and half from fear..I looked over in the corner and saw my OH sitting in the armchair (I must have dozed off because I didn't realize he'd gotten out of bed). And then I realized my OH was still laying next to me asleep! I shook OH and told him to look at the chair and he said he could see someone too! He ran to the light switch and as expected the 'being' diappeared as soon as the light flickered on.

After that, the room felt fine and we both went to sleep feeling creeped out but calmer than before.

Thinking about it afterwards, it didn't even look like my OH, just an old man in a suit :-/

Now for the best bit.. In the morning we were all packed to leave, went to have breakfast and were having a chat with the manager and thanking him for the lovely decorations etc and then I picked up a leaflet about the Inn and read about ghost sightings in the room me and OH stayed in!!!!!!!!!!

I asked the manager if this was true and he said he's had loads of guests say about sightings in that specific room but he himself had never seen anything in the many years he'd been running the place :shrug:

Not going back there again :argh:

I had a wee spook on Friday night! I was bathing Soph in the house on my own when i heard, what sounded like my front door being kicked down, i live in a very quiet area so i was scared poopless.. i grabbed Soph out the bath put her on a towel on the floor and then froze! My motherly protectivness kicked in and i went all guns blazing to source the noise. My bathroom is at the top of the stairs so i should have ran straight down instead for no reason i know, i turned and went into the bedroom.. where a small coffee table was upside down in the middle of the floor?!!? i was creeped to say the least and didnt stop shaking for a good hour! It sounds silly but when i walked into my bedroom i felt anger not mine but you know if your OH is annoyed you can just sense it well thats what it was like?
xx

Ooh some spooky happenings here!

My experience of ghosts is pretty freaky too..

My OH's mum got married a couple of years ago in The Hautboy Inn in Ockham, Surrey and they paid for us to stay in a room on the night. In the room when we unpacked I was chilly and could feel some kind of presence and I felt quite spooked. I mentioned it to the OH but he thought nothing of it.

We celebrated at the wedding and reception and then went up to bed. The room felt cold to me but OH was fine and fell asleep straight away. I struggled to nod off and I was shivering, half from coldness and half from fear..I looked over in the corner and saw my OH sitting in the armchair (I must have dozed off because I didn't realize he'd gotten out of bed). And then I realized my OH was still laying next to me asleep! I shook OH and told him to look at the chair and he said he could see someone too! He ran to the light switch and as expected the 'being' diappeared as soon as the light flickered on.

After that, the room felt fine and we both went to sleep feeling creeped out but calmer than before.

Thinking about it afterwards, it didn't even look like my OH, just an old man in a suit :-/

Now for the best bit.. In the morning we were all packed to leave, went to have breakfast and were having a chat with the manager and thanking him for the lovely decorations etc and then I picked up a leaflet about the Inn and read about ghost sightings in the room me and OH stayed in!!!!!!!!!!

I asked the manager if this was true and he said he's had loads of guests say about sightings in that specific room but he himself had never seen anything in the many years he'd been running the place :shrug:

Not going back there again :argh:

My good god that gave me goosebumps!! I'd have ran out that room faster than my wee legs could carry me!! lol xx

No one is going to believe this but i don't care lol. We moved out of our "haunted" house when i was about six months old so i can't remember anything but my sisters and my mum and dad have told me loads of scary stories!

My sister was in the bath one night and she heard my mum screaming her name, Claire stood up to get out the bath and see what she wanted but she saw a woman standing behind her in the taps! She tried to scream but was so scared nothing came out, she turned around and it had gone! Claire ran outside to tell my mum and no one was even home.... :wacko:

I didn't believe this when i heard it but my mum has swore on my niece's life it's true. My mum, her friend and my sisters were sitting in my parents bedroom a few days before my mum's friends wedding, sorting out shoes, dresses etc. They all went downstaris to have a cup of tea and something to eat. When they came back up they couldn't open the door, they were all pushing it and apparently it felt like someone was pushing the door on the other side! When they finally got in all the windows were wide open and all the bedding and curtains were ripped to pieces! My dad was working away so my mum phoned the school care taker (we lived very near the school and she knew him well) and made him search the house. There was nothing there!

My sister's said she used to go in my room and the door on my wardorbe would be open, she'd shut it, check on me and when she turned around it would be open again. My brother said he used to see his posters talk to him and my dad said he seen a figure in a reflection before. I'm hopeless with ghosts and stuff so i'm so glad we moved before i was old enough to realize what was going on!

I've scared myself now lol :dohh:

members of my family and ive had afew scary experiences.

when my mum was 15 she had her own flat and did a ouija board with her mates, the cup went nuts and everyone barr my mum took there hands off it. as my mum still had her hands on it it flew around the board and she says her doors started to slam and a window smashed.

she told me this after me n my sister did one n she went nuts at us.

growing up my little sister screamed her head off and said the man was going to get her she was only 4 at the time and shed always talk about a naughty girl (scared the hell outa me)

my sisters oh has seen alot of things move infront of his face and has seen a ghost that touched my sister as she slept n it woke her up.

in my flat now i get the feeling im being watched and i saw a big black figure in my sons room, i pegged it lol.

then when hes sleeping i hear his toys move (bricks and hard toys) and ive also heard a bang on his door so i ran in thinkin he cud be up n he was fast asleep so i said get out of my sons room n i felt like someone was standin infront of me

why do i always read this b4 my bed!!!!!!

anyone ever heard of the Bell Witch? That is a fascinating ghost story!

i love ghost programs im always watching ghost hunters on living its so good

The Bell Witch:

https://www.bellwitch.org/story.htm

I've had several ghostly experiences.

First one happened in my mum's house, the house I grew up in. This was the ONLY ghostly experience that happened in the whole 17 years I lived there.

We were sitting in the living room, it was about 10 at night and my stepdad was asleep on the sofa. All of a sudden the set of keys that were hanging in the keyhole of the back door started shaking VIOLENTLY from side to side. Like, it would LITERALLY take someone to stand there and rattle them really hard for it to happen. Mum started crying cos she was so scared. Never found an explanation for that.

Another time, my ex and I rented a 3 bedroom house in an old part of town. One night we were sitting talking till about 3 in the morning and somehow, the conversation randomly got onto the Hinderberg - that German Airship that exploded and loads of people died....as soon as I said the word "Hindenberg"...the dustbin in the kitchen started shaking violently from side to side. The noise was SO LOUD. It was so funny though, my ex actually cried!! He shut the kitchen door and refused to move, he was totally rooted to the ground. I ran out of the house and down the road! :rofl:

Loads more spooky stuff happened in that house and I'm convinced there was some kind of evil presence there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->