have you had a chemical pregnancy?

cscbeth8421

Reaction score
What was your experience with a chemical pregnancy? How were your pregnancy tests? when did you start bleeding? Did you need intervention from obgyn? Im in terrible limbo right now and feeling like this might be what is going on with me now. Yesterday I had HCG blood work with hcg coming back positive, but the level coming back non-pregnant (<6). No docs have ever seen this. Got a positive digi monday, but now Takes me 30 minutes to get a faint positive on test. Just crushed. 1 previous MC, 1 missed MC and one beautiful boy. :cry:

For me i got a faint positive about 7 dpo and negative i carried on testing but my pregnancy symptoms started to go. then was 12 day late i think i got a faint line but could have been evap. 13 days of late af i just new i felt wet went home and discharge looked off colour must have been tinted with blood af next day. I nearly passed out twice i dont know if it was sudden hor one change or shock. I went to the docs who checked me out and said I was ok. In the uk they dont do any other tests or blood work. Im really sorry you are in limbo i really hope you just have slow climbing levels. I imagine they will do more blood work next week? Are you using early morning wee? Make sure you are using a really sensitive test. My doc told me testing every day uf you are pg will cause stress and to leave it a week as wont be good for baby. I did cave and tested probably every 3 days. I know you cant relax but just try and keep busy. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for the response. I think i need to stop testing and wait for next weeks blood work. (easier said than done). I just wish that i could move ahead. Either get a strong BFP or my period........ so i can be pregnant or start a new cycle trying. I just cant even concentrate or focus and feel so consumed by all of this. Friday i will be 1 week late. I just wonder if there is something wrong with me.

With my CPs, if I hadn't been testing super early, I wouldn't have known I was PG. Bleeding started just a day after AF was due in both cases because the whole thing was over so quickly.

For my first CP, got several faint positives 7-8 DPO and negative by 9 DPO. Started bleeding naturally at 15 DPO. Was not temping, so not sure what my temps were doing. Had a very painful, heavy, and long period, with 8 full days of red blood whereas I usually have only 3 such days.

For my second CP, again got faint positives at 7-8 DPO and negative by 9 DPO. Started bleeding naturally at 15 DPO. Temps remained high from 6 DPO until CD 6 of the next cycle. Again very heavy period going on 7 full days of red blood and large clots (TMI, sorry).

My understanding from most clinics is that 5 miU/mL is the cutoff for pregnancy, so depending on your DPO <6 could be a totally normal level to have... You could be at a 5, and to a lot of clinics that is technically pregnant. What really matters is what the trend in hCG levels is: Are you going to get a second beta to see if levels are falling or rising?

I had a chemical back in june, me and the other half were trying but not trying we were not being careful but I was not tracking ovulation or anything so I was not sure when I had ovulated but my cycles had been quite regular since I have of my BC in feb - so when I was what I thought 10 days late I took an IC and it came back a faint positive, I went out and bought a clear blue digital and it came back pregnant 1-2 weeks, I tested the day after with IC and it was still a faint positive I left it a few days and just thought id test to see if the line was getting darker and it was stark white - no line at all - so did the clear blue and that came back not pregnant and I started bleeding the day after.

I went to the doctors and they wouldnt do anything - they just told me to go to a&e if I had any bad cramps or very heavy bleeding which i never if i hadnt tested I would of thought It was just a very very late period xx

I have had two chemicals first one was on a clomid cycle got a BFP on 13dpo it was faint but obvious positive , next day test was darker , then it never progressed from there and it started getting fainter till it was negative then I knew I had lost it, AF showed a week late, progesterone level was through the roof.
Second one was a few years later we had stopped TTC , I lost weight and got a surprise BFP not sure how many DPO I was sence I stopped tracking my cycles but just like the first chemical the test was darker the next day then faint from there on then it turned negative, started AF a week later.
I suspect my uterine lining was poor because as soon as implantation started I lost it. also a possibility it was a chromosomal abnormality ,so I am taking extra folate now with coq10 and pqq in hopes for a healthy embryo, and red raspberry leaf, peppermint tea and royal jelly for my uterine lining.

I got a pos frer at 10dpo, digi at 11dpo....cb digi didnt move from 1-2wks to 2-3wks and my frers werent progressing much after the first few days. When af was8days late/22dpo i got a "not pregnant" digi and was bleeding by lunchtime( not much heavier than a normal period). This was last month- i had another last yr and with that pg i never got a pos on a digital just frers and only for 2/3 days then it faded away and af showed. I was in your position last month and my doc advised me to do quantitative hcg test and again 48hrs later- no matter your levels they should be rising and approx doubling in 48 hrs- if not-chances are its not viable. I know its very upsetting but you need the truth and a clear answer. I was so worried about it all, i literally couldnt eat/sleep properly as i was sure something was wrong. In a strange way i was relieved to get an answer either way. I hope yours ends differently x

Thanks ladies! I have been getting faint positives since last Friday, AF was also due that day. Friday i did a digi and got "not pregnant". Monday i did a digi with continuing faint positives and got "pregnant" They are still super faint and take like 20-30 minutes to get a line. its not an evap, it is pink. SO yesterday i did the blood work and HCG was positive, but level was <6, which by our labs standards is "non-pregnant". My midiwfe thought it was just too early to get a proper reading of HCG level. I will be doing another draw next week. i am having a hard time focusing on anything and my mind is in constant action about this.

How sure are you on your o date?maybe it was a little later than you thought?

Hi there
My first Cp (July) I started getting very faint bfps but after time linit consistently.
I was 6 days late for AF, which NEVER happened in the past, with a beautifuly chart, and started spotting a cpl days then full out AF double heavy for 8 days total ( chart below).
Last month had a crap-ola chart but faint bfp from 10dpo as well. They stayed for a few days then faded out. I started progesterone cream ina last ditch effort to save the preg, but thing it was too late. I started Spotting at 13/14dpo right on time or AF, when I went to the doc they refused at quant. test and regulard qual test was neg, so I stopped progest cream and have AF from hell now, very heavy with clots.
I am super bummed, but trying to get it together to meet donor next O.
That's 2 back to back cps for me, but hoping this next time works out, and I will def start prog cream 3dpo instead of so late!
:hugs: Hope this is not your case.

Hi there
My first Cp (July) I started getting very faint bfps but after time linit consistently.
I was 6 days late for AF, which NEVER happened in the past, with a beautifuly chart, and started spotting a cpl days then full out AF double heavy for 8 days total ( chart below).
Last month had a crap-ola chart but faint bfp from 10dpo as well. They stayed for a few days then faded out. I started progesterone cream ina last ditch effort to save the preg, but thing it was too late. I started Spotting at 13/14dpo right on time or AF, when I went to the doc they refused at quant. test and regulard qual test was neg, so I stopped progest cream and have AF from hell now, very heavy with clots.
I am super bummed, but trying to get it together to meet donor next O.
That's 2 back to back cps for me, but hoping this next time works out, and I will def start prog cream 3dpo instead of so late!
:hugs: Hope this is not your case.

Im so sorry you went through this. Fingers crossed this months chart straighten out for you. :hugs:

I had a chemical pregnancy. Long time ago now but I got my BFP at around 10dpo. The line was 100% there, dark enough to see without squinting but it just never got any darker. Then I think within 4 days, I started bleeding and the tests started to fade. The bleeding started as spotting for a couple of days and then just went like a heavy period x

Thank you for sharing your stories ladies. Its good to understand more about what a chemical is and to see when positives and negatives were seen.

Well ladies, as i kinda knew it, Started bleeding this evening. Kinda of relieved i have an answer, this pregnancy wasnt meant to be. Bow i can mov on to trying again this month. Thanks so much ladies. So great to have this support system, because, lets face it, guys just don't get it sometimes.

Oh I'm sorry hun :(

best of luck for this next cycle, baby dust for a sticky bean

Thanks ladies! It's ok. Just glad to have an answer, and move on.
Onto the new month! Good luck to all of you and thank you for sharing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->