have you had any kind of fall before?(whilst pregnant)

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Yesterday afternoon I fell down a flight of stairs onto a concrete floor.
I went to the hospital and all they did was listen to babies heartbeat and told me to go home. This is my opinion was not professional at all as I could have listeneded to the HB myself with my monitor.
I have had cramping every since the fall and all the MW is telling me to do is take paracetamol. Excuse me for being extremely dumb, but are they allowed to just fob you off if you have fallen down a flight of stairs? I thought it was a disgrace.

I'm not sure there is much they can do other than make sure you've no broken bones & baby is ok.

I gather you have a doppler so if it keeps you at ease use that when you need to & erm take it easy!

:hugs:

I thought they had to scan you to make sure you havent damaged the placenta? They were very rude towards me, said I needed new shoes, now bare in mind I was wearing flip flops so how much flatter can a shoe get? "Theres nothing we can do at this stage" is what they told me.
I was always under the impression that if you fall over and its a pretty bad fall, they had to check the placenta. I guess not, but then again, this IS the NHS we're talking about. They get worse if you ask me lol.
MORNING BY THE WAY :) :) :)

Im not sure of the rules to be honest but i would have thought that they should have checked you over a bit more than they did!!

Hope you are ok hun :hugs:

Whats your GP like? Maybe speak to your GP about your concerns hun?

I'm not sure about the scan thing .... I'd have thought sense would scan but as you say it is the NHS ...

Whats your GP like? Maybe speak to your GP about your concerns hun?

I'm not sure about the scan thing .... I'd have thought sense would scan but as you say it is the NHS ...
Well it just so happens that I needed to see the DR today for a doctors note, so I will be complaining about how I was treated last night. Fair enough, if I was 5 weeks pregnant or something silly like that (not like im saying to be 5 weeks preg is silly ;) ) I would understand why they wouldnt do too much- but 6 months? Not good to be fobbed off like that.
I always had respect for the NHS for what they did, but for the last uear or so they have been absolutely useless.

i had a bad fall at 7 month and they just checked heartbeat, no point in wasting time(and money) on a scan wen heartbeat is perfectly normal, i was told to take parocetomal if in pain and to go back at any signs of bleeding

yeah they can tell by the heartbeat if the baby is in distress or not, so im sure everything is fine, they wouldnt have sent you home if it wasnt

x

i had a bad fall at 7 month and they just checked heartbeat, no point in wasting time(and money) on a scan wen heartbeat is perfectly normal, i was told to take parocetomal if in pain and to go back at any signs of bleeding
If you dont mind me asking, what happened to you? :(

The MW told me to get some flat shoes, so I get flip flops, she claimed they were safe, yet I go flying down the stairs in them and have not done it ONCE when wearing boots. Just goes to show, doesn't it? x x :headspin:

the lift was off at work so i had 2 lumber up 6 flights of stairs n i mis-judged the last 1 n tumbled down about 8, landing on my stomach, im 2 clumsy for flipflops, i usually wear trainers or flat dolly shoes :D

the lift was off at work so i had 2 lumber up 6 flights of stairs n i mis-judged the last 1 n tumbled down about 8, landing on my stomach, im 2 clumsy for flipflops, i usually wear trainers or flat dolly shoes :D
Thats what happened to me too. I was looking at something at the bottom of the stairs and I also went tumbling down 8 steps or more. The doc I saw today said I'd need to fall alot worse than that before any damage could be done. I was amazed that they claim babies have no harm done to them when falling down a flight of hard stairs onto contrete.
As for the shoes, Im being taken to get some dolly shoes today, but I dont really like them as I am only 5ft :( yes I know its better to be safe than sorry, but again, my boots never caused me to fall over once :( I just dont see why I cant wear those.

I fell down the stairs onto my bum (well cushioned ;) ) and was just told to take it easy and take paracetamol if I was in any pain. If I had bleeding then I was to go back. If you had a problem with the placenta then I would have thought that you'd be in quite a bit of pain and/or bleeding.

I fell when I was 30 weeks pregnant, right onto my stomach aswell :dohh: and didn't feel him move for about 3 hours so went to hospital an they just checked the heartbeat and told me to go home an phone them if I had any pains, bleeding or if I still hadnt felt him move within 24 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->