Have you measured your bumpage?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Lilac_cloud, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Lilac_cloud

Lilac_cloud Well-Known Member

Hi girls,

27 weeks today so I think officially in 3rd tri?? HOW WEIRD DOES THAT SEEM!!!
    Anyway, measured my bump and it is 3 ft 1 inch around (where my belly button is roughly). I am 5'4 (and normally a UK size 10) and when I got weighed at 24 weeks had gone from 60kg to 64 kg (gain of 8 lbs). Does that seem like a normal bump measurement to you? I can't help worrying that my baby is going to be small. All the babies on my side of the family are like, 9 lb+ (including me, I was 9 lb 11 oz). I can't help feeling like I'll be a failure if my baby isn't a whopper!! :cry:

2. ITRYTOBENICE

ITRYTOBENICE Well-Known Member

Im 26+4,was a UK size 14 ,5'7 and my bump measures 39 inches round (2nd baby) so you sound spot on!

3. JackiePed

JackiePed Guest

LoL... first of all... if your baby isn't a "whopper", more power to ya! Easier to deliver, and you get a small little guy for longer. I am REALLY hoping I have a tiny one this time. I get jealous of 6 or 7 lb-ers... my first was 7-11, and my second was 9-6. I want a tiny baby, dang it!! :brat:

As for measurements, you're not small. I am 33 weeks, 5'4.... so 5 weeks further than you, and I measure 40 inches around. My fundal height as of last week was perfect-- 32 cm at 32 weeks. At 27 weeks, I measured 36.5 in around... so right about where you are.
    Don't stress! :hugs:

And DON'T wish a 'whopper' on yourself... lol. A good, healthy 7 lb-er is jusssssst as fine as a good,healthy 9 lb-er... so don't put unneeded pressure on yourself. ;)