Have you practised with your pram / carseat?

Margie

Reaction score
Okay so I'm feeling like a complete loser :dohh:

Put the pram up and tried to attach the car seat to it - it took me ages to figure it out :hissy: Now I don't know how to collapse the pram again :nope:

Anyone else have these problems????

I am just imagining myself in Tesco parking lot in the rain struggling with the pram :cry::cry::cry:

i feel like a loser too...
I CANT MAKE MY GRACO LOCK WHEN ITS FOLDED DOWN :( booooo.
it just falls open again! how hard can it be?

Hahaha don't worry i think it's because we're so far along in pregnancy ;) xxx

omg i am not even getting my pram until the END of jan lmao i am gonna be stressing out with baby tryin to work it out

i feel like a loser too...
I CANT MAKE MY GRACO LOCK WHEN ITS FOLDED DOWN :( booooo.
it just falls open again! how hard can it be?

Hahaha don't worry i think it's because we're so far along in pregnancy ;) xxx

Yup - I blame the hormones... might leave it to DH to figure out.

It's on my "to do" list - I think I'd better get on with it and start practising!

yes i played with it as soon as it arrived.....i got on youtube and watched a vid on how to put pram up and down and put carry cot/car seat etc on :rofl: xx

I havent even tested my pushchair out i think my mums picking it up start of january sometime and then shell bring it be round but i not have much time before hand to test it :haha: .. as for the car seat iv only adjusted the straps abit cause they were proper tight when i first got it lol but theyll need doing again anyways.. but its in the car now strapped in and ready lol dont know if im using it on my pushchair yet :shrug: ill proberley be the same struggling to fix it on and everything lol x

I've been practising with my car seat but not got my pram yet, well I have but its at my sisters!

Yesterday I even practised my bottle warmer and steriliser!! x

my prams staying at my mums, we got it out yest as she is crochet a blacket and wanted to check sizes and it took us ages to collapse it away. :dohh:

yes i played with it as soon as it arrived.....i got on youtube and watched a vid on how to put pram up and down and put carry cot/car seat etc on :rofl: xx

Oooh - gonna have a look on you tube now!

we bought the easiest to use set ever... 1 hand gravity fold for the stroller and the carseat attaches and detaches from the stroller and the base so easily. I can't wait to start using it for real!

I really need to do a trail run of putting my car seat in...we're using an isofix base and need to install that first and then make sure we can click the car seat in and out of it ok!

my pram iv collapsed and put into all the different modes about a million times though lol...

xx

When i went to look at travel systems, the poor girl in the shop just couldn't get the icandy apple to collapse - i eventually did it for her easy as pie! Was really funny but she was mortified. I think youtube is the very best bet to be honest. I definitely imagine being soaked in the rain trying to dismantle things too!!

I typically have my husband play with these items first & figure out what needs to be done as he is slightly more mechanically minded than myself. Once he figures it out he then walks me through the steps. When he's gone I have watched YouTube to figure things out if I'm completely by myself but I've found that it is so much easier to watch someone go through the steps in person.

Sometimes just having two people look at something helps so even if its your mom or one of your girlfriends trying to help you figure it out it typically provides a good social interaction time & (typically) lots of laughs as we each fumble through how something works.

I am so pleased that after an initial hissy fit (not just me but OH aswell) and a call to the shop we managed to collapse the pushchair and all the attachments are incredible simple just push and click buttons.

MIL very kindly offered to buy us an isofix base for the carseat so thats dead simple to get in/out of the car and the straps on the carseat itself shouldnt be too difficult but I'm sure will be a pain in the ass once theres a baby in it LOL!

Have played with my pram and seems to be easy enough! but when i fold it down the footmuff bit touches the floor so I'll have to be careful with that otherwise it will get dirty very quickly! Havent played with the car seat, not much to play with really! :)

thankfully i dont have to as im re-using my current pram for this baby

We haven't put pushchair together yet, need to remind DH. The car seat is easy to fit so no probs.

We ripped ours straight out the packaging when we got it =D

Had it up and running within 10 mins and played with all the parts attatching/dismantling - ALL WITHOUT INSTRUCTIONS :happydance: !!!

Ours is soooo easy to use ! I lovvvve it :cloud9: xxx

So let DH have a go when he got home and discovered two things
1. I had the carseat adaptors on the pram back-to-front
2. You have to push in two buttons at the same time to collapse the pram frame
:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Seem okay at doing this with an empty pram - now just need to practice with a baby in it EeeeeeK

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->