Have you put your heating on yet?

nicolefx

Reaction score
Just wondering if you have put your heating on yet or if your still holding off! I haven't put mine on yet - i'm hoping to wait till after we get our next quarterly bill (mid nov) but it's quite chilly tonight! Normally always have my bedroom window open but don't think that will be happening now lol. We have only been in this house since March and never had the heating on so worried about a big gas bill! The joys of being a grown up lol :blush:

Yep, it's been on a couple of weeks now. It's getting down to 0C here at night now

Yes funny you should mention it I had to put it on this morning it was freezing! I think that's why Lo has been waking a bit earlier in the mornings. Anything that will get me a few minutes extra sleep is good!

:nope: but the kids room is having theirs on tonight. Its important I keep a certain temperature as my son has a condition worsened by the cold. Its really chilly tonight :wacko: but holding off putting the others on for a least a little while yet! Brrrr!!!!!

Not put ours on yet its been ok all day, its cold in here now but the kids are all wrapped up in bed and I will be soon so not worth putting it on.

I have my hearing on all year round lol not all day but atleast a couple of hours a day. I thought that was normal lol I grew up In a house that was roasting and my parents still have the heating on most of the day so I guess I'm just used to it. I'm a naturally cold person aswell

No, we don't usually put it on until November. We've only just started to close the windows!

Not yet, but will do November/December. It was actually sunny today and because I have huge glass windows the sun heats my house up loads! It's not actually cold enough for heating yet.

I put it on for an hour today - mostly to help dry some washing. It is definitely getting chilly now though!

I had it set to come on twice in the night for an hour a time a few weeks ago but then switched it back off when it got warmer again.
I put it back on last night again to come on the same times and I've put it on for an hour twice today when I was really cold

Yes, it's freezing down in the south east corner with the north winds!

I don't have it on unless it's chilly.

it comes on at 6am-8am and thats it. just to take the chill off in the morning. this has only been the last week though.
LO started waking up cold at 6.30 ish.

dont really have it on in the day unless i need some washing to dry quick..

and its been on once at night 8pm-10ish as i was freezing for some reason! xx

Wow, I wish I lived where you guys lived. :)

I hate the heat and love the cold. We still have our AC on in the day and only opened the windows the last 2 nights because it has been too hot to have them open, lol.

When I visited my sister last year I was sooo happy because it was actually cold outside! I think we wore coats 3 times last year and LO has never seen snow (and won't unless we move, lol).

Yes but the house we rent is ancient, the windows rattle in their frames!so gets cold very easy...it's actually been nice so far in Northern Ireland! Moving soon hopefully so should save a fortune!

Nope not til November at least. Heating is expensive,Jumpers are cheap!

Yesterday it started to get really cold. Haven't put the heating on yet. LO's room gets REALLY hot when the heating is on because the boiler is in her room so I may turn her radiator off if the heating goes on, so long as her room is warm.

It came on at the beginning of the month (I don't control when it comes on, its set for the whole apartment building). Glad it came on though, was starting to get really cold! I have all the radiators at full blast (they are old and crappy so don't give out much heat)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->