Have you put your heating on yet?

Nope not yet. I've had it on twice for 1 hour in order to dry some washing that i urgently needed but other than that i've not felt the need.
We will be keeping it off until after half term and then it will go on and it stays on all winter. I'm currently sat in our lounge and the sun is shinning in and it's roasting so there really isn't a need. Yesterday evening it was chilly but i just put a jumper on and cuddled up to OH on the sofa :)
We also had a wood burner put in over the summer so the likelihood is that we we get that going before the heating goes on and see if we need the actual heating on.
We don't really have the heating on upstairs - the radiator thermostats are set to 1 usually so it just takes the chill off the air and we cover the children in a blanket as well as their duvet.

Yes. For about 3 weeks. I don't feel the cold at all but my OH is always freezing. I think we've had it on a few times iver the summer too.

Yes but the house we rent is ancient, the windows rattle in their frames!so gets cold very easy...it's actually been nice so far in Northern Ireland! Moving soon hopefully so should save a fortune!

Our windows whistle! they are old led widows & it drives me mad! Ive had to block LOs windows with towels to try stop them whistleing as it kept waking her up! xx

Yeah, yesterday we had in on for a couple of hours in the evening and this morning.

Im hoping for it to get milder again lol

I'm arguing with OH over this at the moment! He wants it on again for a bit longer tonight but I'm like no chance...costs too much! He's now under a blanket on the sofa!

I think An hour in morning is enough! Lo is like a Lil radiator too!

No. Trying to get to November before we turn it on. Weve had to wear jumpers but its not been cold. Los gro egg has been yellow for the last couple of nights which is the first time since about april, its been orange or red every night uptill now. Our house does hold heat well so thats a bonus.

I put it on for the first time on the 10th October but only for 30 mins in the mornings to warm the house. I try not to put it on more then that until the beginning of November. I dress the kids in tights, vests, fleeces etc and we sit under blankets in the evening. We have a smart metre so I know exactly how much the heating costs. It's terrifying!

No, we are putting extra layers on. Still have some windows open!

Just once, haven't needed to since but our flat gets cold really quickly in the winter (doesn't help that OH leaves the landing door open all the time! :growlmad:) so I expect it won't be long before i'll need to set the timer for it to come on in the evenings.

Eh mine has never been off! I just turn the thermostat down. I want to know where people live, esp the person who mentioned AC, I don't know anybody with AC!

Eh mine has never been off! I just turn the thermostat down. I want to know where people live, esp the person who mentioned AC, I don't know anybody with AC!

I wish I had AC in the summer! It gets really hot inside but if you leave everything open the mosquitoes get in :(

yep and its gone very cold here all of a sudden. Have fire blazing and all.

I always have mine set at 17.5 so then if it should fall below that it would come on automatically. I have had it turned up higher for a couple of hours in the evenings the last few nights though to warm their rooms up before bed.

Reading all these replies has made me realise I don't fully know how my heating works lol. I don't know if I can put it on a timer or not! I think when we do put it on it will just be for an hour or two at night as in the morning we are literally all up and out the door and we aren't home till about 6pm. LO sleeps in my bed so we are all too hot at night atm! Plus we have a dog who will probably pack his wee spotted handkerchief and leave if the heating is on too much :haha:. We have an electric fire in the living room but not sure if that would cost more to use than the normal heating. x

Well ive put it on over the weekend it was sooo cold!

Reading all these replies has made me realise I don't fully know how my heating works lol. I don't know if I can put it on a timer or not! I think when we do put it on it will just be for an hour or two at night as in the morning we are literally all up and out the door and we aren't home till about 6pm. LO sleeps in my bed so we are all too hot at night atm! Plus we have a dog who will probably pack his wee spotted handkerchief and leave if the heating is on too much :haha:. We have an electric fire in the living room but not sure if that would cost more to use than the normal heating. x

Your heating should have instructions. Im assuming you have some sort of gas central heating. They normally work with a fairly full proof timer.

I'd take your electric reading and gas reading and again at the end of the week so you can workout what you have spent in week 1. Then switch your heating on and work out what you have spent at the end of the week.

Glad I've got my heating on, it was minus 3 when I got up this morning brrrrr!

We had our wood burner lit last night for the first time. The lounge was nice and warm-when we went into the rest of the house it was freezing lol.
Once we've been in bed for about 10min we're toasty warm so the heating can stay off for now. And we still only have our summer duvet on-if we had our winter one on we'd get far too hot. Even last winter, which was really cold, we only had the autum part of the duvet on. I don't think we've ever had the whole duvet on in the 9 years we've had it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->