Have you travelled anywhere unusual?

We hiked the Inca trail to machu picchu before we had kids. We've done a bit of traveling but that was one of the coolest things we've experienced.

Definitely on my wish list! I've done a bit of travelling in central and south America. My favourite thing was seeing Angel Falls and the Sapo Falls.

You'd love Iguazu falls then! Sooooo amazing! Friends of ours took the helicopter ride over it -- that would be phenomenal, although I thought it was pretty sweet just from the ground!

We hiked the Inca trail to machu picchu before we had kids. We've done a bit of traveling but that was one of the coolest things we've experienced.

I would absolutely love to do this!

As well as see Angel Falls like Discoclare.

I'm going to have wait until the kids have flown the nest 1st! (In about 40 years :rofl:)

Actually, there were a few families hiking it which we thought was really cool. I think kids have to be at least 12 (it's a pretty intense hike) and it's definitely something DH and I would consider doing with our kids when they're older (if we could ever afford it that is! Huge dream!!)

Bangkok & Phuket. I went to the floating market in Bangkok, that was weird, no cars, transportation is on wooden boats, they cook & sell food on boats. You see kids & babies swimming in the river & men fishing, women washing clothes on the river side & others grilling food at the side of the river or on boats.

In Bangkok everything is done in the street, kiosks are all around the streets. They sell clothes along with food, drinks & they also offer massages in the middle of the street. No one is bothered about the rats that are all over the place!

Omg. I would be SOOOOOO bothered by that!! (We don't have rats in the city I live in...in fact I think I've only ever seen one rat in my life...not a fan!)

When I was 15 I went to Japan on the school Exchange program :) it was amazing! We went to nasaka, Osaka, Hiroshima and Toyota city :) best experience of my life xx

Due to my dad's job, we've lived in Dubai, US, Colombia, Ecuador and Egypt :)

not really strange places, but they were all different and beautiful! We've also gone on vacation to the Caribbean, Australia and south africa where we have family.

My dream is to visit Japan!! I have a lot of antique Japanese furniture and I'm obsessed with their art and their beautiful parks and lakes! Hopefully I'll make the trip some day!

Probably not unusual to you girls in Europe but we went to Iceland a couple of years ago and everyone was like "Why would you want to go to Iceland?!" I've been obsessed with it since I was like 12 and it was amazing!! Totally like a whole different planet there. I think I've managed to convince everyone I know that it's worth a visit. :)

I'm also the only person I know who's been to Japan (besides the people I went with of course ;)).

We've been to Tibet! :thumbup: It was beautiful!!!!
The food was awful, just awful! Yak should never be eaten. :rofl:

We've also been all over China, and did a trip to Cozumel, Mexico. :D

When I was 15 I went to Japan on the school Exchange program :) it was amazing! We went to nasaka, Osaka, Hiroshima and Toyota city :) best experience of my life xx

Japan is somewhere I would love to go. However, OH travelled around Japan extensively before we were together so it's not really top of his list, he would like to go back someday though.

I would absolutely love to do this!

As well as see Angel Falls like Discoclare.

I'm going to have wait until the kids have flown the nest 1st! (In about 40 years :rofl:)

Not a very good one of Angel Falls from the plane, but a good photo of Sapo Falls (which we hiked behind and on top of!) from a boat. Another picture in Venezuela of the fishy I caught when we went piranha fishing on the Orinoco.

Attachments

• 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 099.jpg
    099.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1
  • 029.jpg
    029.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online