Havent been around much........

Fairy_Girl

Reaction score
I feel bad for joining this forum and then sort of dissapearing for a while. Things have gotten rather hard for me. On a day to day basis when I'm not always sleeping I'm camped out in front of the porcelain god!! I had a big scare yesterday which landed me in the ER. Around 3pm I had a big cramp in my left side which then turned into cramping and bleeding!!! I had to call my husband who had left a half hour ago to go to work home to rush me to the ER. It was insane they made me wait in the waiting room for almost an hour before seeing me :shock::shock::shock: The nurse comes in and takes my blood pressure and all that fun stuff and says the tech will be in soon to do the scan to make sure that everything is ok. I wait again for another 40 minutes :shock: The whole time I'm thinking that I'm loosing my baby and they don't even care. FINALLY the tech comes in and is very rough when doing the vaginal. She spent a decent amount of time looking around and was more than happy to tell me that there are 2 sacs with 2 babies growing right where they should be. I was relieved!!! Then the doctor comes in and sits down and he goes on to tell me that they think I have an incompetent cervix mostly because I have bleed and lost babies in miscarriages before. He said eventually I will probably need a cerclage and because this IS in fact a twin pregnancy there is a greater risk of other things like TTTS and premature birth.

I'm terrified right now. He said that there isn't anything they can do now, if I'm going to loose the babies then its going to happen. He said the only thing I can do is try to take it easy until they put in the cerclage. I don't get why they didn't put it in yesterday, it would have made sense to me.

So thats why I haven't been around, but on my new taking it easy time I should be around a lot more :)

:hugs:

How far are you hun?

And wow twins - did you know before yesterday?

Aww must have been really scary for you :hugs:

Glad to hear things are ok though .. and congrats on the twins!!

I'm 6 weeks 1 day..... I had a feeling it was twins, the way my HCG levels were so high and the way I have been feeling. They were just all clues to the big picture. I'm terrified to have twins though. I really don't think we have the money to handle it.

Ahhh now I remember .... I think thats ACE news try not to worry *try - easier said I know* I would loveeee twins :D x

I have always said I would LOVE to have twins but never thought it would actually happen. Now that its kinda starting to sink in I'm going nuts!! Our house is in no way shape or form big enough for 2 babies unless they share a crib but even then they cant do it for long and after that I'm not going to have enough room. We have a small 2 bedroom house and there is no way we are going to get approved on a mortgage to buy a bigger one. If my hubby gets laid off this winter like we think he will we are barely going to have enough money to make it by let alone buy 2 of everything. Its just really hard and I'm super stressed out and I don't know how I'm going to do it :(

Who can afford a baby? We have spoke about this a couple of times when your not exactly minted but get by your money is yours ... then a baby comes if you sat down (anyone) and thought about it who can? You'll do it you'll not do it so easy if you do it worrying though.

Lots of options one is seconds on some things
Try to get bits as you go along or put some cash back in an empty account as you go along - an idea?
Friends/family may surprise you & have some goodies to help you

When things have to fit into place they will ;)

Try to think about it not stress about it

:D x

You really need to stop worrying about not being able to afford things, everything will work out fine. You can get so much stuff from second hand shops etc etc. Start buying extra things in your shopping each week, like baby bath liquid, wipes, bottles all those little things that you need. Buying one or two things in your weekly shop will probably go unnoticed in your weekly shopping budget.

A family we know, live in a tiny 3 bedroom home and they have FIVE children and they are happy, everything fits in, everything works out.

You need to stop stressing and focus on the joy you and your husband are going to share over many many years. Stressing can't help your condition, you need to relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Right now honey, I would just love to be pregnant, what you have is two wonderful blessings.

I wish you all the very best with your upcoming proceedure and for a wonderful pregnancy.

Thanks Wobbles and Bek!! Reading your comments today has really put me in a better mood. Ive vowed to not stress about it anymore. We talked some last night and decided that we are going to use the next few pay checks that Scott makes to pay off a few credit card debts that we owe to get our credit back up so we can actually do something with it like try to get a house. Thats my biggest concern is the fact that our house is way too small for 4 of us and 2 cats. We wanted to move anyway things are just working out so we have to do it sooner which in the end makes me happy, the house we have now is a hole in the ground.

I am very great full for the path that was chose for me. It wouldn't have been given to me if I wasn't able to handle it!!

Fairy_girl we have similar due dates:) Mine is April 19th! Your about 5 days ahead of me, so like April 14th? That's my best friends birthday!
Twins is really exciting but it can also be kind of stressful. Did you guys use any type of fertility treatment? Either way what a blessing! Everything always works out in the end. I'm sure they'll both fit in way better than you could have ever imagined.
Start using that cocoa butter, girl! I've started using it already but with twins you'll show way quicker! Slather it on. It's never to early!

Sorry it took so long for me to reply Violetstar. No we didn't use any fertility treatments, just good ole S-E-X!!! Well and genetics I guess. Twins are common on my hubby's side of the family and on my side my uncle was a twin but my grandma lost one baby.

We had some major storms and tornados over here in the good ole USA and my trailer was pretty much well not very livable. Right now we are trying to figure out where we are going to live for the time being so I don't know how much I will be around :(

Oh and I'm already kinda overweight and I have stretch marks kinda bad so I don't know how much the cocoa butter is going to help but I'm using it at least 2 times a day now as it is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->