Haven't got the babyhawk love

bex

Our little princess
Reaction score
After using our Connecta since May i decided i fancied a change so i ordered a ring sling and a Babyhawk Mei tai.
The ring sling i knew would be ok as i'd tried one at the sling meet but i'd not tried a Baby hawk (had tried other mei tai's)
Well it came today and we tried it straight away, but i don't like it :cry:. It feels really hard and stiff which i know will improve with use. But Niamh got really upset (which she never does when being worn). She couldn't see out and couldn't get her arms out. Will try it again tomorrow but i really don't think i'm going to get on with it :dohh:. I was really excited aswell.

It might make her a bit more comfortable if you roll the waist when you put it on so her arms are out to start with ? Then again at 9 months i would have thought shed have no problem seeing out or being able to get her arms out. Were the straps in around your neck or by your shoulders ? Did you have it tied in a lexi twist over her legs then under her bum ?
Iv always found bhs nice but there are alot ALOT better meitais out there, try and decide whether you want to try and soften it up/ try folding it up tying it up etc.
Or if you want to sell it to try something new :)

SP - what do you rate over a BH?

Bex - what colour combo did you get hun? Sorry to hear you're not so pleased with your BH...when I first put mine on I thought it was uncomfortable but I love it now....

x

Yeah mine was stiff at first but isn't now, now it's really comfy. If you try rolling the bottom part to make the body of it shorter that should help though. Sorry you don't like it :( I love mine

I rate my mamesemum and cwtshi, and my favs my simplymeitai as its completely customisable and uuber padded so really really comfy !
Kindercarrys are also really good ! Generally anything with waist padding with be more comfy and the wider the straps the better the babys weight is distributed in my experience :) My mamsemum has uuber wide straps and my 30lb lump is weightless in it in a front carry, bliss for putting the washing out etc :)

This is a particularily good bargain !
https://www.naturalmamas.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21105

I got a double sided one Zebra and cosmo. Will have another go tomorrow. All of the Mei tais i've tried on before have always been expensive ones (over £100) and have been well worn which does make them loads more comfy. My friend was selling a gorgeous used Grisefanten mei tai and it had really soft cord straps, i'm wishing i'd gone for that although it was double the price of the babyhawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->