Havent told work

tink30

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

How are you feeling not telling work? :) it feels funny keeping this secret... :hugs:

I've only told 1 person at work, and that's because they're due with their first in about a month.

It's hard keeping it a secret!

hehe ..love it.. keep thinking they will be mega shocked when they find out. Im working with the public and seeing lots of babies today.. have this smile i cant shift :-D xxx

I know what you mean, I wish I could tell my boss. We're both going to a two day meeting next week in Switzerland and I have no idea how I'm going to cope with the travelling and long days as a normal day is so exhausting for me at the moment, so I wish he knew. Also I'm going to have to make up excuses for not drinking at the work meal. It would be so much easier if they all knew the truth. But I'm determined to wait until my 12w scan before announcing it to anyone.

oh bless ya, thats hard going xx I know it must be hard if your feeling tired.. i feel so bloated.. my clothes dont feel comfy all of a sudden.. ive another 6 1/2 weeks until I can say to them :)

I only told my boss, but in the past week 3 people have figured me out. They are keeping quiet about it though since I told them it's not "public" yet.

I'm an HR Director so I don't want rumors to start flying that I am using my "power" in my position to get by on things. So everyone else will just find out when I can't hide it anymore.

I just got a new job, which I start on the 20th. I took the job before I knew I was pregnant. I'm a little nervous. :/ what do you ladies think I should do?

I've told 2 good friends at work who I know can keep a secret.. Want to wait till 12 weeks to tell everyone else.. Although if my tummy gets much bigger people gonna start guessing I reckon lol

I don't want to tell my boss as she has a bit of a rep that she can't keep a secret, however i need to tell her as i am a teacher and my 12 week scan won't be until the school holidays. I think i am going to have to tell her and express how important it is to me that she doesn't mention it to anyone else.
We told parents yesterday and it seems to have tsken a bit of the magic away which is weird but at only 5 weeks i feel like i have added on more pressure.

I am struggling with this coz I feel so tired, unmotivated and sickly (although this has subsided a bit). Also I have started eating every couple of hours because of feeling sick, and not drinking tea - I'm sure this is suspicious! Also I had two days off due to a threatened miscarriage and spendin most of the time in hospital, but didn't want to tell anyone as I was only 6 weeks, so have lied (well it was true that I was sick, but I didn't mention the miscarriage). now i don't know whether to tell them later on or what??!

I'm waiting until after my 12wk scan, too - I just want it to hurry up so that I can tell people! DH is adamant that we tell our parents in person, which we can't do until 10 days after the scan, due to holidays and travel, so we can't tell anyone until then :( I just hope that people at work don't guess before then, as I'm not sure how my boss will take it.

oh gosh its a big thing.. i feel so fat and bloated im sure people are going to twig.. i have no idea how i look so big so early on..i must be holding onto lots of water...hehe xx

I just got a new job, which I start on the 20th. I took the job before I knew I was pregnant. I'm a little nervous. :/ what do you ladies think I should do?

Hi hun, firstly congrats! :) i would love someone to give u some advice.. i recon to say after 12 weeks and maybe look on the citizen's advice to see what your rights are etc xx hope that's a little help x

I've told 2 good friends at work who I know can keep a secret.. Want to wait till 12 weeks to tell everyone else.. Although if my tummy gets much bigger people gonna start guessing I reckon lol

I know exactly how you feel :) lol xx i just wanna wear stretchy comfy clothes..

I don't want to tell my boss as she has a bit of a rep that she can't keep a secret, however i need to tell her as i am a teacher and my 12 week scan won't be until the school holidays. I think i am going to have to tell her and express how important it is to me that she doesn't mention it to anyone else.
We told parents yesterday and it seems to have tsken a bit of the magic away which is weird but at only 5 weeks i feel like i have added on more pressure.

Hi hun, my boss is like this also.. i have a higher risk pregnancy.. so im waiting for an early scan and then will speak to H.R about it being keep strictly a secret until im ready.. and im sure they will call my manager in and that will stop her from blurting it out xx Dont be worrying u will have the magic feeling back real soon :)

I am struggling with this coz I feel so tired, unmotivated and sickly (although this has subsided a bit). Also I have started eating every couple of hours because of feeling sick, and not drinking tea - I'm sure this is suspicious! Also I had two days off due to a threatened miscarriage and spendin most of the time in hospital, but didn't want to tell anyone as I was only 6 weeks, so have lied (well it was true that I was sick, but I didn't mention the miscarriage). now i don't know whether to tell them later on or what??!

You did the right thing hun, yr employers dont need to know until 12 weeks before (something like this) just so you get your maternity.. so u just tell when it feels right xxx wishing u lots of luck with yr lil bubba xx Dont worry about the sick days u said about they will understand and that was the truth x

I only told my boss, but in the past week 3 people have figured me out. They are keeping quiet about it though since I told them it's not "public" yet.

I'm an HR Director so I don't want rumors to start flying that I am using my "power" in my position to get by on things. So everyone else will just find out when I can't hide it anymore.

Congrats zodiac xxx hope it goes well

I know exactly how you feel :) lol xx i just wanna wear stretchy comfy clothes..

haha yep as soon as i get home from work i change into leggings or jogging bottoms :)

One of my friends i told yesterday and she saw my tummy today and was like "wooah reckon your gonna be a big mumma! lol.. i told her it is probs still mostly bloat though.. i swear sometimes my tummy looks like im about 6months! luckily i wear an apron round my waist at work so can hide it for now :)

I work at a store with a small staff, I know I'm going to get figured out sooner or later, and I would really like to be the one to tell them before that happens!

I was so sick today girls, was dying to just tell one of them.. 5 weeks to go... it will be a relief to breath out properly 2.. my stomach is bloating by the day lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->