Having a baby crazy day...

Discussion in 'Waiting To Try' started by schmetterling, May 29, 2013.

1. schmetterling

schmetterling Well-Known Member

This is sort of a pointless thread I guess, but I have been really focused on other things and have felt confident in our decision to wait until next year to ttc, but then a mom in my playgroup got her cycles back after 14 1/2 months of breastfeeding (I'm at 13 1/2 months) and is now trying for her next and I feel so jealous. The main reason we are waiting is because I'm breastfeeding my daughter, don't want to have to cut her off, and I find it stressful worrying about when my cycles are going to return. I'm also really worried I won't be able to sustain breastfeeding and a pregnancy, but the thought of having to wean my daughter off the boob truly breaks my heart. I know it's best for us to wait, it is just so hard some days.

I am now watching the Business of Being Born again just to torture myself I guess...

2. brenn09

brenn09 Mom of two!

:hugs:

Finding out those around me are trying or are pregnant always sets off a terribly painful broody day! I'm sorry you're dealing with it, too! There certainly isn't a right or wrong decision here but I didn't want to read and run!

I don't have any children so I haven't any advice for you, but it seems like a tough situation to be in! I think that taking this time for your current baby and when she weans enjoying your new pregnancy without worry sounds like a good plan!

3. schmetterling

schmetterling Well-Known Member

Thanks so much for responding! It definitely is hard. My poor husband is now having to deal with me saying I want another baby now when we agreed upon waiting until next year. I'm sure we will wait but I can't help but want another! I'm planning on becoming a childbirth educator so I think I'll put all my baby energy into that :)