having a glass of wine ... while I can

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by truly_blessed, Dec 16, 2009.

1. truly_blessed

truly_blessed Loving being a new mummy

Well it is christmas after all and I had stayed away from alcohol for the duration of my pregnancy. Might as well make the most of it while I can, hopefully won't be able to drink again in a few months time :flower:

Actually worked out that if I wait until mid March I qualify for occupational maternity pay at work so thinking it's probably a good idea, even though the old closk is ticking.

2. Lexy7200

Lexy7200 Well-Known Member

Enjoy hun xx

3. SmileyShazza

SmileyShazza I'm a mum!

I must admit even though I'm not a massive drinker I have enjoyed a couple of Baileys over the past week or so. I think after everything we've been through we can be forgiven for having the odd tipple :winkwink:

4. BeanieBaby

BeanieBaby Well-Known Member

Good on ya babe. I'm looking forward to having a few glasses on xmas day now, will dull the pain of the fact we were gonna announce it to OH's family that day as we are going to be with them all!

So is that defo then, you're waiting til March? Was hoping you'd be moving over in Jan/Feb like me. Will keep a place warm for ya, as not holding out much hope of getting my BFP too soon! Was really lucky with my first and the mmc pregnancy but can't see me falling first time for a 3rd time!

Enjoy your vino in the meantime babe, make the most of it and have one for me!

xxx

5. truly_blessed

cheers Lexy, I love that name BTW :drunk:

Baileys - mmmmm Shazza, I like it but got really drunk on it on NYs Eve and struggle to drink it these days. OHs aunty & uncle polish of a full bottle every christmas day night religiously.

Do OHs family know what happened yet BB? Will be a hard day for you that day, mid you it will for all of us really. We would have already told people by then but I think we'll all be thinking about how big our bumps would have been and avoiding alcohol etc. :hugs:

March isn't defo yet but the timing seems to be really good. mid march would be 4 months after d&c AND it would tie in with me managing to be at the new job for 12 months by the time I was in my 29th week meaning I would get maximum SMP so it seems the ideal time. I'm not sure when next AF will be so it might be that I only have 2 or 3 visits before March now in any case. I was telling Shazza the other day that I was speaking to an obstetrician over the weekend ( I'd just met him at an event and didn't know what he did) and told him the MW had said try when you feel ready but he advised it was better to wait the 3 months if I could. So confusing but with the other factors taken into account March seems like a good time.

Think I can move over to WTT now the bleeding has finally stopped :happydance:

xx

6. KittyKatBabe

KittyKatBabe Pruod Mummy to Zara Jane

Hi, I am WTT too at the min, I have to get my colposcopy done on 22nd (I WILL GET AN ALL CLEAR _ PMA) plus we said we would wait until New year and give my body 2 cycles this time as per a nurse recommendation but this is just for me not everyone plus due to smear results its perfect really. I also want to lose weight and cos I have struggled to do this over last few weeks the wait until late Jan/Feb will help a lot with it.

I used to be a party girl and love my tipples, but I stopped when fell pregnant and then cut back after first loss, fell pregnant again and stopped and i have decided to cut back as much as poss for the weight loss plan. Had a blow out a couple of weeks ago and prob once a week since then, but due to being xmas I did go out last night and polished off a bottle of red and a few jack daniels. Also going to just enjoy xmas as next xmas I will have a baby or bump who will be my focus and joy, restricting my nights out, and I cannot wait lol, so I have decided this will be my last xmas to make the most of the party scene as I will be a mum next year - woo hoo.

So glad the bleeding has stopped for you hun x x Welcome to WTT x x x

7. Charlotteee

Charlotteee Married Mum/Stepmum of 4

I'm now WTT :D

Not gonna start trying till 2011ish but yaaay :D

So right now, i'm gonna do what most 18 year olds do and i hate to say it, but get plastered this xmas.

I didnt drink or smoke or do anything i shouldnt have done while pregnant so now im making up for it!

xxxxx

8. Tulip

Tulip Ruby <i>, Dils, Rowan

Tonight my sister is coming to look after us for a couple of days, so I may well be hitting the bottle of rose that I had to hide in the cupboard because it was Looking At Me when I was pregnant.

9. truly_blessed

yay!!!!! get those corks popping, it's christmas

10. Tulip

Do you think maybe popping said cork at 1630 was too early? :) To be fair it was partially a celebration at potentially getting on the clinical trial... and it was only a champagne glass.... and I've still not finished it because I keep topping it up with ice cubes ;)

It's comfy in this forum. I don't want to go back to WTT/TTC... they just don't understand.

11. truly_blessed

16:30 on a school day, you wicked girl you lol. I'm off out later seeing a friend who didn't even know I was pregnant, emailed her on Tues so will have a couple tonight I think. OH is off out tomorrow night as well and I know there's another bottle of rose sitting in the fridge, maybe i should put it in the shed out of harms way :winkwink:

we'll all be over in WTT/TTC soon. Ventured into WTT myself this morning but keep finding myself back here ??

12. Tulip

Me too. It'll get easier I guess.

13. SmileyShazza

SmileyShazza I'm a mum!

I have managed to start venturing into WTT and TTC. Have posted a few things in WTT, started a journal there too which has helped me get a few things out. Have mainly been reading more than posting in TTC but have replied to a few threads - thought I'd start breaking myself in gently for when I move over in a few weeks.

This weekend I think could end up being quite a boozy one for me. Am possibly going out clubbing tomorrow (though not confirmed) then up to see some friends for a Christmas meal out. My friend has already said she is going to make some Baileys egg nog (which apparently is lethal) and I have stocked up on some Strawberry and Lime cider which I discovered last weekend and is gorgeous. I think some painkillers may be required on Sunday :winkwink: It only takes me about two drinks to get tipsy anyway as I don't drink that much but after three months without anything it'll probably go straight to my head.

14. BeanieBaby

Girls, girls, stop you're making me THIRSTY!!! :rofl:

That cider sounds lush Shazza, I had quite a lot of pear cider when I went to V festival this yr, but didn't realise they did other flavours too, you'll have to let me know what its like!

15. BeanieBaby

I love baileys, its especially nice with a shot of something in it but can't remember what, tia maria perhaps? I used to also be addicted to slippery nipple shots before I had Bella, its baileys and butterscotch schnapps, its lush but v. leathal after a few too many! I hope you have a good night clubbing Shazza, do you go a lot since your OH is a DJ in his spare time?

They do know now thanks, they didn't until recently but since I knew my OH's mum had a mc before she had my OH and his sis had two before she had her daughter, I figured it may be nice to have them to talk to and for support at xmas. They sent me a lovely rosebush after my op but nothing's been mentioned since so have a feeling it will not be mentioned at xmas, which will be good in a way but have a feeling I might start to get upset thinking everyone's forgotten but its not for them to remember I guess!

I know its gonna be difficult for all of us. We're in Bristol and Wales but may take my laptop with me. Will any of you be online at any point, just thinking if we all start finding it tough it may be nice to know we can check in with one another to help each other through it. I'm not sure how easy it will be for me though as can imagine they'll think i'm being rude if I start tapping away at the laptop, may have to take it to bed with me!!!

It sounds like you've thought about it a lot and since I know what an expensive business having babies is I think you're doing the right thing waiting for your maternity pay. I'm gutted I won't have it this time around as gave up work after having Bella as the commute into London was too long (1 hr 40 mins each way door to door) and my work couldn't be flexible on my hrs. I reckon i'm more likely to be ttc in Feb or at most v. late Jan so won't be too far off you.

xxx

16. Tulip

I'll be around over Xmas, even if only on the ifone. xx

17. truly_blessed

I'll be around at some point. Can get on from my phone as well so it's really easy (too easy!) to take a peek from wherever I am. x

18. Charlotteee

Charlotteee Married Mum/Stepmum of 4

I thought it was Baileys and Sambucca??

Thats what i had in Greece and they called that a slippery nipple lol xx

19. BeanieBaby

Yes you're right had lots of those too. There are lots of difficult ones:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_nipple

It says the one with butterscotch schnaps is called a slippery nipple and a buttery nipple!!! They'll all lush in my book!

20. fluffyblue

fluffyblue Loving being mommy

Hi ladies well I went on an xmas party last nite and came home at 12 it was soooo packed but I cant pack away the booze like I used to !

I started on the Vodka's and whoooooooo had to slow down.

We are having a quiet family christmas and mayget up to Blackburn to see my folks and brother between xmas and new year.

The tipples in our house are quite boring ! We are the Tia Maria and coke brigade and Noel loves Jack Daniels and coke but at 17quid a bottle only gets one lol.