Having a low day :(

LuckyLass

Reaction score
Basically I stopped taking the pill on October*12th and had had my*WB on 17th Oct as expected. Since then I have had nothing! I took an early response test this morning on CD32 and got a BFN! I don't feel like my period is about to start any time soon but also don't have any pregnancy signs either. Just feels like I am stuck in limbo! I know it can take a while until I get a regular cycle again but this in-between stage is difficult to cope with. To make matters worse a colleague of mine who stopped taking the pill a month before me is now 8 weeks pregnant and won't stop talking about it! It's virtually*just the two of us in the office so she had to tell me and she knows I am also TTC but continues to moan about how sick she feels and how I should feel sorry for her? Some people can be so insensitive! Never thought I would say it but I just want*AF to hurry up now so I can try again!
Has anyone else had a similar experience and then still got a BFP or if not how long did it take for the witch to show? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.*x

Basically I stopped taking the pill on October*12th and had had my*WB on 17th Oct as expected. Since then I have had nothing! I took an early response test this morning on CD32 and got a BFN! I don't feel like my period is about to start any time soon but also don't have any pregnancy signs either. Just feels like I am stuck in limbo! I know it can take a while until I get a regular cycle again but this in-between stage is difficult to cope with. To make matters worse a colleague of mine who stopped taking the pill a month before me is now 8 weeks pregnant and won't stop talking about it! It's virtually*just the two of us in the office so she had to tell me and she knows I am also TTC but continues to moan about how sick she feels and how I should feel sorry for her? Some people can be so insensitive! Never thought I would say it but I just want*AF to hurry up now so I can try again!
Has anyone else had a similar experience and then still got a BFP or if not how long did it take for the witch to show? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading.*x

Hey sweet, chin up . . . I was in the exact same situation about a month before you, I came off BCP mid September had my WB . . . then no AF til the 5th of November, 53 day cycle!
I was the same though, HPT's every other day, stressing myself out, getting myself down! It's horrible I know!
have you started using OPK's or anything yet? I would suggest starting them as early as possible, this is my first official cycle after AF I have nooo idea what my pattern is! lol

there are a few lucky ladies on here, who caught pregnant straight after coming off their BCP and never had AF . . . but chances are, it's just a long cycle, your body trying to sort itself out!

If I knew TTC after BCP would be so hard/ stressful I never would have gone on it! I wish the doctors would tell you this before you go on it!!

my stress atm is that I'm worried that ovulation hasnt returned for me yet! I'm using OPK's every day so hopefully it has and I will catch it . . .

If you need to vent or talk to anyone, just gimmie a shout! Because I know exactly what your going through!

:hugs: cheer up hun and ( I know it's easier said than done) but try and chill out and not think about it!
Focus on getting healthy as possible and making sure you and the mister are eating right and taking all the right things!!!

:hugs: GL hun :dust: to you!!!

Thanks so much hun! It's nice to know that there are people going through the same thing as me. I really appreciate your support! I was planning on getting some OPK's ready for my next cycle but have no idea when that will be now! It's so hard not putting pressure on yourself isn't it? I was so desperate to get a BFP before Christmas that I couldn't stop thinking about anything else. I need to relax and remember chances are it will happen eventually.

Likewise please feel free to let me know how you are getting on anytime you like! Thanks again xx:hugs:

Thanks so much hun! It's nice to know that there are people going through the same thing as me. I really appreciate your support! I was planning on getting some OPK's ready for my next cycle but have no idea when that will be now! It's so hard not putting pressure on yourself isn't it? I was so desperate to get a BFP before Christmas that I couldn't stop thinking about anything else. I need to relax and remember chances are it will happen eventually.

Likewise please feel free to let me know how you are getting on anytime you like! Thanks again xx:hugs:

BnB was the only comfort I could find going through those horrible 6 weeks! Glad I can make you feel a bit better :)

tbh I think the best idea for you atm would just to relax and enjoy "time" with the fella! tehe but yet again, easier said than done!
the more I think "amy your stressing too much about this, putting too much pressure on" the more stressed out I get because I know stress doesn't help your chances! hah FAIL on my behalf!! I'm a nervous wreck! lol!

I think basically for the both of us, we really don't know where we are with cycles etc, it can take a few months for everything to get back to "normal" which to me, is uber scary! lol

Yeah I wanted a BFP before xmas . . . I know I still have a chance of it! But I duno guess I'm just not overly positive!

I need to sort that! you don't get anywhere with negative thoughts!!! tehe

good luck and lots of :dust: to us both!!

I hope it doesn't take too long for thing's to sort out for you! :D

hi im hayley

ive been trying for 15 months now, its very hard
i came off the pill over 2 years ago now so my peroids were regular by the time we got married and then we would start trying.

so ever since then my peroids have been all over the place, had really short ones and some that were 72days.

there currently sticking too 40 days which is still long but at least i know.
have had blood tests to see if i ovulate and had scan to check for pcos.
am awaiting results of the bloods and my husbands SA.

im a little over weight and have been told if i lost abit my peroids would become more regular.

any thing you need to ask i cna answer for you hopefully x

aw I hope your results come back okay . . . or at least with something the doctors can do something about!!

Good luck to you hun, let us know how you get on!!!

sending you lots of :hugs:

thanks x its so hard to wait, feel ive been waiting far too long as it is x

I can only imagine! I'm terrified of having to try for even 6 months! and I know thats not a long time at all!!! :hugs:
hope you get everything you want! xxx

They do say the average is just over a year but when you know people that fall straight away it's disheartening x

yeh exactly! my best friend fell pregnant in 3 weeks . . . my other friend it took 4 months, the other . . . it was an "accident" :| not even funny!!! It really winds me up!!

My best friend got pregnant with her 1st the 1st month trying, and same again she tried for baby number 2 and fell pregnant straight away again.

Happens a lot x

I have been off BCP since the end of August after being on it for 12 years! I stopped once about 6 years ago and it took me a solid 3 months to get my period (I was going through a very stressful breakup at the time so I think that may have delayed things). After I got my first period i went right back on for 6 more years straight. This time it took 44 days for my first period, which I was actually relieved about because I was expecting it to take 3 months again. Then my 2nd cycle took 37 days so one week shorter. I am currently on CD9 of my 3rd cycle and I am hoping it shortens again by another week!

oooo thank you! stories like that make me hopeful :D
do you know if you ovulated the last cycle?

Not sure about my first cycle because I did not look for Ov but my 2nd cycle I did OPKs and temping and while I never got a true positive with OPKs and found them confusing my temps did rise and Fertility Friend says I ov'ed on CD 24 and sure enough AF showed up 2 weeks later so it seems that was accurate. Good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->