Having a show?

GUBBYBUMP

Pregnant - 3rd Trimester
Reaction score
Hey all, i think i had my show this morning but not sure..... it was mainly brown and "raw egg white" like stringy mucus - appreciate your thoughts for a nervous first time mummy xx

I am not sure hun as i have never lost my plug. But it does sound like what other people describe. So i would say it was your plug. Hope things get moving for you soon.

xx

thank you for replying, lets hope it is have everything crossed! take care and hope all goes well for you too x

I cant help as ATM im only TTC but didnt want to read and run - just wondering how long do you have left until your due date?

Sarah :hug:

that's ok - i am due 1 Nov so exactly 3 weeks today! :hug:

Congratulations - do you know if its a boy or a girl?

I see your new and dont have any tickers or blinkies yet.

Yes i am new to all this! We are having a little girl, it's going to be so lovely to have someone in the future to do all those good girly things with! x

Yes i agree! Hope things get moving along for you soon!

Loosing your plug and having a show are different.

People can lose the whoel plug or pieces of it weeks before labout. And a show is what happens right before labour and blood streaked.

People can lose the whoel plug or pieces of it weeks before labout. And a show is what happens right before labour and blood streaked.

Oh, I thought a show was the plug coming away too...just didn't think a show necessarily meant labour was definately going to start there and then?

Nope... people can lose their plug weeks before, and they can lose bits of their plug, and it can also reseal itself...

A bloody show means labour is going to start soon (within days).

yay another nov 1st-er!! i'm havin a girl too!! when i lost my plug it was like someone snotted up there and it was comin out. you know like when you have a really bad cold. does sound like your plug tho!! i thought a plug and a show was the same thing aswell!

Oh, I thought a show was the plug coming away too...just didn't think a show necessarily meant labour was definately going to start there and then?

I've had 5 babies previously and a "show" is the plug of mucous that seals the cervix, coming away or starting to come away....I promise.

I found a link for you so nobody's confused

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/articles/Pregnancy/mucous-plug-show

Not the definition of a "bloody show" here... If that were so then all these ladies who've lost their mucous plug early would be in labour by now :D

Im not confused... I promise :D

Did you look at the link? The mucous plug coming away is called a show....a show isn't something else and yeah you can lose it or some of it a fortnight or so before or once you're in labour. With my babies I have sometimes had a show a week before and with my last baby I only lost it as I went into labour.

I'm afraid in this instance you are mistaken....ask your midwife. I'm not meaning to be argumentative but I wouldn't want people to be confused as it really is the same thing.
This link may help further...here's a quote from it........

Signs of labourThe signs of labour can include:

strong, regular contractions,
a 'show' (when the plug of mucus sealing your cervix comes away), and
your waters breaking.

https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=2320&sectionId=10

Hey all, i think i had my show this morning but not sure..... it was mainly brown and "raw egg white" like stringy mucus - appreciate your thoughts for a nervous first time mummy xx

Hi honey and welcome to baby and bump. I'm your due date buddy, as well as Alice&bump!!! I have no idea about shows or anything, but just wanted to wish you luck. And by the way - you're not allowed to go before either of us two - or they'll be trouble!!!:hug:

I lost my plug/show a few hours before I gave birth but I have friends who lost some of theirs weeks before. People can dilate a little bit weeks before they give birth and then some of the plug can come away.

It is definitely the same thing, the mucus normally starts off brown in colour and then gets more red and more prefuse as you lose more. I think the term show is an older term for it, my mum uses this term. Like saying afterbirth for the placenta.

Good luck anyway sweetie, this is where it gets exciting!

Well, I guess we will all just have to agree to disagree :D I was told different and I was told you can lose your muscous plug without dilating or effacing, and still have the bloody show before labour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->