Having my little girl Thursday

samantha_sarah

Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai
Reaction score
My waters broke 4 days ago after having a show and as labour has not started they are inducing me this thurs. Ruby will only be 36 + 1 and i was told she would have to go into special care :cry:

Have never been so worried in my life :cry:

Hunnie at 36 wks she is nearly term ....My son born at 34 wks plus 2 needed a incubator for 3 days as he wasnt keeping his tempreture , he fed and breathed on his own ...i am sure Ruby is in the best hands good luck and keep us updated xxxx

oh hun, i'm sure everything will be fine, like serina said 36 weeks is soo close to full term,
hope everthing goes ok !!! keep us posted and i'll be thinking of you hun !!

Hi Hun

Dont worry she may not even need scbu if shes feeding and can maintain her own temp, your little girl will be one of the big ones in there compared to the teeny prems. Mine were born at 28wks and other 2 32wks xx

Hey Hun, your little one should be just fine. Babies born at 36 week or more are not even classed as a premmie. She should be breathing on her own and only thing needed will be to establish feeding which should be no probs at all. I can understand that your scared but honest, I have seen babies at you little ones gestation and they are only in the unit for a week or two if that.

Good luck xx

Hiya Lovey,
I had my twins on the 31st, they were 35+1. Thankfully they didn't need any SCBU, they were just put in the incubators for a couple of days as they weren't maintaining there temps, apart from that they are fine. We are now at home.
If you need anyone to talk to, just send me a PM.
Keep us updated.
xx

Don't worry.Everything will be fine. I had Laila at 36+3 and she weighed 5lb 1oz and then lost weight but luckily she didn't need scbu but your lo is virtually full term so she'll be fine. I remember my waters broke and then 24hrs later she arrived...I'd never worried so much in my life but it's natural to.Take care and enjoy your lo.

She will be absolutely fine. Molly was born at 29 weeks and is doiong great. At 36 weeks you have nothing to worry about so relax and enjoy x

Hey sweetie your little one has great chances of coming out just fine!:) Don't be startled if she may need oxygen at first but usually after a few hours they do just fine. Have you had steroids given for babies lungs?

I had a baby at 30wks and 34wks...and my one at 34 weeks was out of the NICU after one week.

Good luck tomorrow sweetie and I'm sure your little one will surprise you!:)

Hey sweetie your little one has great chances of coming out just fine!:) Don't be startled if she may need oxygen at first but usually after a few hours they do just fine. Have you had steroids given for babies lungs?

I had a baby at 30wks and 34wks...and my one at 34 weeks was out of the NICU after one week.

Good luck tomorrow sweetie and I'm sure your little one will surprise you!:)

Thanks hunny! Nah the consaultant didntt want them to give me steroids x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->