havnig words over the names!!!

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
Oh my god please help me talk sense into my husband!!!!

Basically at our wedding he forgot to mention his mum in his speech and she hasnt let him live it down! We had no help from anyone so in all fairness he didnt need to thank anyone.

But her name is Julia.

He is wanting the middle name as Julian in a way of saying sorry!!!!! :cry:
WTF!!!!

first name is Michael

Surname is Quinlan

What an awful name!!!! we were gonna use Oliver as the middle name!

HELP ME!!!!!
x

Oh dear, good luck to you and if you really dont want it then you are going to have to stick to your guns. It is a sweet idea, but this is your baby too. I don't think that the baby needs to necessarily have her name there, am sure that her just having a grandchild will make up for it (if he feels like he has to).

Have 2 middle names...we are, as hubby wants to use his Ma's maiden name Owen as a middle name but I'm desperate to have my Grandads name too Edward.

Its not as if anyone uses their middle names so give em 2!

but i actually really dont like the name! its awful! (sotrry if anyone is using it) just reminds me of julian clary?
x

but i actually really dont like the name! its awful! (sotrry if anyone is using it) just reminds me of julian clary?
x

LOL, I dont blame you the name is rather errr 'super' isnt it.

How about Jules instead?

Or get Mother a bunch of flowers instead?

pmsl

he has done all he can to say sorry. He took her out for dinner and bought flowers and also for a film. she wont even watch the wedding dvd!
x

pmsl

he has done all he can to say sorry. He took her out for dinner and bought flowers and also for a film. she wont even watch the wedding dvd!
x

Sounds like MIL needs to grow up and realise that the wedding wasn't about her, it was about you two! As for the name, I'd just put my foot down, tell him to get over it because it's not going to happen (I believe you should both absolutely agree over the name, you're the one who's carried the LO and had to endure morning sickness, piles and general body wreckery). I realise I sound a bit blunt but in general I find a no nonsense approach is pretty effective. Oh god... I sound like Hitler. :dohh: Nevermind carry on regardless :winkwink:

pmsl

x

She'll get over it she'll soon be too busy with baby to remember the wedding.

My OH had 3 bestmen...the one with the rings gave me my own ring and the one doing the speech forgot to toast us! DOH! My mum didn't see us cutting the cake and I fluffed my lines!!

Weddings rarely go to plan.

exactly.
I could understand if she did something towards it but she didnt. She turned up ate danced and went home lol.
x

If she can't accept an apology of dinner and flowers etc what makes you think she'd appreciate you naming your child after her?

As others have said, I'm sure she'll get over it once baby Q arrives, whatever you call him/her.

p.s. do you now know you're having a boy as you only mention boy's names???

no just cos the girls name is sorted lol.
x

just say no lol if he was picking the name because he really liked it then id say try and compromise but as he is just picking it to appease a stroppy woman whos is being a bit childish then i would say no especially a you have both already picked a middle name.

Is this your MIL saying she wants this or hubby thinking it'll get him back into her good books? Does she even like the name? Baby will have her surname (i assume) - is that not enough? lol.

Try taking a different approach, say its not that you don't like it and you think its a lovely idea but the names just don't go. To me it doesn't sound right as both middle and surname end 'an'.

Good luck x

I'm struggling even to understand what you have to apologise for! I reckon shes the one who is acting like a child, don't name your child after if if you don't want to.

Gem x

Its not even if the name Julian has any relevance though, so he has picked a boys name that kinda sounds like hers?? Agree with the rest, tell her to move on and grow up!!

What a silly cow, his mum is being pathetic, wont even watch the wedding DVD omg. Tell him your not using the name as she is being totally immature and you don't need to grovel to her outlandish behaviour!

Ooh I like Jules!

It depends how important it is to your oh I guess, sounds like you know that no matter what he does it won't be good enough so I can see your point. You have time yet to work on him ;)

lol well i told him earlier and he had to go and he was like i actually like the name and i was like waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?????

I dunno. I said what about naming after her brother that died Michael anthony? that isnt a bad name.

Wont have same surname as she never married his dad.

She is childish and weird..... this is the lady who calls me up and asks me how HER baby is???
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->