Hayfever Misery!

littletike

Reaction score
Anyone else suffering and can anyone recommend anything that's OK to take (i'm only 4.5 weeks preggo):cry:!?!?!?

I sware by local honey, I have a teaspoon a day in fruit tea, I use it all year round and have done for the last 3 yrs and I have gone from awful hayfever to basically no symptoms what so ever :happydance:

It helps you build up an immunity to the local pollen, also for immidiately pop some vesaline around your nose, looks groos but helps stop the pollen getting in

Thanks lintu! Going to go out now and try to find some at the local farm shop! Have been putting the vaseline on and look like I have a greasy moustache!! :haha:

Love your profile picture and congrats on the pregnancy!!

I feel your pain! I've been getting nosebleeds from blowing my nose so much, but I don't want to risk taking anything. It would probably be fine, but I'm not even taking paracetamol at the moment, just in case! x

It's horrible isn't it? I usually take a ceterizine tablet each day but we can't do that when pregnant!

I did some reading and apparently some nasal sprays and eye drops are safe to use if you need relief. I mentioned it to my midwife at booking in and she said your GP can advise you on what's safe to take :)

I asked this question yesterday and I was told piriton in ok to take. Also manuka honey is great but a little pricey!

suffering big time today my head is so stuffy & heavy cos of it when i saw mw she said you can get something for it but need to see the gp for a prescription for it i'm going to be making appointment monday to sort it

I got eye drops and nasal spray from my GP. She said there are 2 types of tablet that can be taken during pregnancy if need be, but she said to try the drops and spray first. They have helped a lot :)

I got a nasal spray in boots called Prevalin. Specifically says on the side that it is suitable for use in Pregnancy

Anyone else suffering and can anyone recommend anything that's OK to take (i'm only 4.5 weeks preggo):cry:!?!?!?

OMG, I had to stay in today and not go to this festival thing because my Hayfever is so bad, and I am not sure what I can take. I also am 4.5 weeks pregnant. Thank you for asking this LOL:happydance::hugs:

I find that ginger tea really clears my sinuses, specifically "3 ginger" by Pukka is great

Thanks for all the advice ladies! I bought the prevalin today and something called Hay Max which costs an arm and a leg and is just like lip balm but you put it under your nose to get the pollen to stick. My advice would be to save your money and just use lip balm! Think I've lost it already too!!!!! :dohh:

I've got a doctors appointment on Monday anyhow but got desperate today with the itchy mouth, eyes, nose and ears! Need a second mortgage I spent that much in boots!!

I also bought local honey so will be taking that religiously (it's lovely in ovaltine (which is also rich in folic acid) yum yum yum!)!!!

Night, night! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"