Hayfever - Nasal Spray - Help Please!

Frustrated

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Can someone please help as I am seriously suffering. Does anyone know of a safe nasal spray to use whilst pregnant? Pharmacists I have spoken to are not being very helpful and the doc says I should try and get through without it but I am constantly sneezing/scrating my eyes. :cry:

I know antihistamine tablets arent advisable but heard that nasal sprays are safer.

Please help!!!

Yes, I use Pirinase and it is BRILLIANT I can't recommend it enough, I am normally a total mess this time of year and all I have now is a very slight sniff. It builds up though so stick with it for about a week before you will get the full benefit.
My doctor said it is safe and I've been using it for about 2 months now. Most pharmacies just give it to me but I did get one that said I needed a note from the doctor because it says on the bottle not to take in Pregnancy without consulting doctor.

my chemist wouldnt sell me anything and the GP i saw said the same so i attended the emergency walk in clinic and just said the pain is now unbearable and basically didnt move till soemthing was sorted as i really was in that much pain i couldnt see or breath properly i was having asthma attacks and everything :-/
the doctor gave me a nasal spray called flixonase aqueous and also some eye drops for my eyes called opticrom allergy eye drops he also gave me a salomol inhalor to ease breathing. You cant buy the nasal spray or inhalor over the counter but you can buy the eye drops. All are 100% safe during pregnancy according to the doc i saw xx

my chemist wouldnt sell me anything and the GP i saw said the same so i attended the emergency walk in clinic and just said the pain is now unbearable and basically didnt move till soemthing was sorted as i really was in that much pain i couldnt see or breath properly i was having asthma attacks and everything :-/
the doctor gave me a nasal spray called flixonase aqueous and also some eye drops for my eyes called opticrom allergy eye drops he also gave me a salomol inhalor to ease breathing. You cant buy the nasal spray or inhalor over the counter but you can buy the eye drops. All are 100% safe during pregnancy according to the doc i saw xx

Flixonase and Pirinase are the exact same active ingredient (Actually I think Pirinase is the new name for Flixonase). You can buy this over the counter in most pharmacies.
People who don't suffer don't know what it is like when they say to just cope with it. I was in such a state from not sleeping due to hayfever that I was in floods of tears (which just made it worse of course).
You could always send OH or Mum into the chemist to buy Pirinase/Flixonase and say it is for them if your chemist is awkward.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I will try and get it on the way home tonight and if they refuse then will ask OH to get it tomorrow. I know, people who dont get hayfever dont understand how miserable it can make you. I literally want to scratch my eyes out at the moment. To make it worse, the constant sneezing means I am peeing my pants a little every time I sneeze! Gross I know! The joys of pregnancy. Really need to start doing more of the pelvic floor exercises. Hopefully Flixonase/Pirinase will do the job.

Thank you x

Flixonase and Pirinase are the exact same active ingredient (Actually I think Pirinase is the new name for Flixonase). You can buy this over the counter in most pharmacies.
People who don't suffer don't know what it is like when they say to just cope with it. I was in such a state from not sleeping due to hayfever that I was in floods of tears (which just made it worse of course).
You could always send OH or Mum into the chemist to buy Pirinase/Flixonase and say it is for them if your chemist is awkward.

the flixonase i have has nothing to do with pirinase it is a steroid nasal spay which matures your nasal glands so they dont get botherd by the hayfever. It doesnt offer immediate relief it can take upto 3 weeks before it works 100%. It defo isnt available over the counter as i know someone else who tried to buy it from a few places the one i have and they got told its prescription only. My mom used to use it aswell for something differant so dont think it was originally designed for hayfever :-/
it did the job forme though within a week :)
i have also got a home remedies book in there it says to put a bit of vaseline just inside your nostrils as it will trap the pollen before it gets up your nose also it says you could mix some salt and water up and squirt the solution up your nose :-/ that one sounds abit iffy but if your desperate it could work xx

the flixonase i have has nothing to do with pirinase it is a steroid nasal spay which matures your nasal glands so they dont get botherd by the hayfever. It doesnt offer immediate relief it can take upto 3 weeks before it works 100%. It defo isnt available over the counter as i know someone else who tried to buy it from a few places the one i have and they got told its prescription only. My mom used to use it aswell for something differant so dont think it was originally designed for hayfever :-/
it did the job forme though within a week :)
i have also got a home remedies book in there it says to put a bit of vaseline just inside your nostrils as it will trap the pollen before it gets up your nose also it says you could mix some salt and water up and squirt the solution up your nose :-/ that one sounds abit iffy but if your desperate it could work xx

Must be two types of flixonase then, maybe yours is different if it is prescription only, probably stronger. Still I find the over the counter one works brilliantly so hope it will help Frustrated feel better! I used to get flixonase, now pirinase and the bottle and ingredient is exactly the same. The active ingredient in mine is flucticasone propionate 0.05% and this is also a steriod. I buy it from Lloyds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"